WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Travertine pool deck

KoolPop

Reaction score
We are remodeling or pool and patio area. Does anyone have any recommendations for travertine installation in Havasu? We are looking for a professional, not a handyman/backyard mechanic type job. We are looking for someone that does this all the time.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Give Chris a call at 928 208 6224. He did some very good work for us and originally came recommended by Paul65k.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Travertine can be very slippery when wet. Friend used it and we had to add sand to the sealer. It looks great but not user friendly. If you do go travertine look for a antiqued or chiseled finish. He also had the pool builders do the work. Laying stone was clearly not there speciality.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Travertine can be very slippery when wet. Friend used it and we had to add sand to the sealer. It looks great but not user friendly. If you do go travertine look for a antiqued or chiseled finish. He also had the pool builders do the work. Laying stone was clearly not there speciality.

That depends on the type of travertine used.
I put 40,000 square feet of it out at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson that was installed around their entire pool area.
No slip hazard in any way.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Not only slippery but it gets (for lack of a better word) "gummy" with the high chlorine content around my chlorinator lid. It actually hoses away some travertine.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
You could also consider colored stamped concrete with colors. I have 4 colors in mine and it looks like stone.

Here is an example:

stamped-concrete-infographic-concretenetwork-com_72416.jpg

TOBTEK

Reaction score
We had Stamped concrete around our last pool. BE CAREFULL IF YOU SEAL IT. Holly crap it was flat out dangerous ! My little was about 4 years old, when she went down face first. Still has the scar from where she layed her chin open. Was extremely slippery.

SandbarScot

Reaction score
Mojave Pools built my pool and travertine paver deck at LHC house about 2 years ago for the previous owner before i bought the house. Turned out very nice.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We had Stamped concrete around our last pool. BE CAREFULL IF YOU SEAL IT. Holly crap it was flat out dangerous ! My little was about 4 years old, when she went down face first. Still has the scar from where she layed her chin open. Was extremely slippery.

This is true! I found out the hard way and fell on my azz :grumble: When you seal it definitely add silica to give it a grit for traction!