WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RD detail tip #1 Vinyl cleaner

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Lexol,and good for the thread and stitching.

This is what I use to condition too. I use their vinylex as a final step for the uv protectant. I use it every other trip too

image.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
the best I found was 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
For years I used Zep spray cleaner and 303. Last year did a complete detail with Bubbles. Will only use bubbles for deep clean and still use Zep for daily. I bought two cases of the Zep is really the only reason I still use it at all.

Its thanks to this board and all the great folks here we get great ideas like this.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I have been using a product that mostly is found in upholstery shops..made by Malco and it's leather and plastic cleaner..it does it all in one go over. I use a real soft bristled brush and it is amazing...the vinyl feels brand new and soft when done and people always comment about the white interior...I have used it for over 30 years..

lindas boat.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been using a product that mostly is found in upholstery shops..made by Malco and it's leather and plastic cleaner..it does it all in one go over. I use a real soft bristled brush and it is amazing...the vinyl feels brand new and soft when done and people always comment about the white interior...I have used it for over 30 years..

View attachment 395444

Do you use any conditioners after?

RD

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
Let's keep this thread going. What other detail tips do you have??

TX Foilhead

Reaction score

View attachment 395444

Totally Awsome from the dollar store seems to be the exact same thing. Malco was the go to cleaner on another boat site for a while then someone found the TA and everyone switched. I use it on a lot of things, but be sure to cut it with some water like the label says. I also like to wipe everything with a damp rag after I'm done to make sure it's off and then give things a coat of Babe's Seat Saver, 303 is a little slippery.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You should condition afterwards but if you want your interior to look new. Pull all the dirt out of the little cracks.. Then in my experience nothing works better.

View attachment 395165

They work harder so you don't have to.. Spray on wipe off and it will be white again.
View attachment 395167

View attachment 395168

View attachment 395169

It's gentle, and easy. Short of a toothbrush and some laundry detergent and a week nothing works better.

More on this later because their is some intermediate cleaners for general wipe down that give you that smell you are looking for.

In the meantime compare it against your favorites and let me know what YOU think. :D. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

you know Dave,.... I use zep..... sue has some of the bubbles stuff.... I swear it's the same stuff

Sbarry

Reaction score
Fyi... Shockwave Boats and Pacific Trailers have the last few bottles of Transom Sauce.

I just looked through Shockwave's stock on Friday and didn't see any Transom Sauce? I'll have to ask Bob [emoji106]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I guess that means I have the last bottles of transom sauce [emoji2]

saucedaddy

Reaction score
I just looked through Shockwave's stock on Friday and didn't see any Transom Sauce? I'll have to ask Bob [emoji106]
Ask Jennifer, she has a few hidden gems, tell her Saucedaddy sent you!:thumbup:

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Want to say thanks, I'm new here (first post) and I just bought a DCB Mach 22 a couple weeks ago. The rear deck had been redone and was much brighter white and I was about to pull the trigger on a new interior.
I'll try and post a couple pics, I only had a few minutes to spend at the warehouse so I did the drivers seat. Wow! What a difference. Not sure if the pictures do justice but I'm really happy.
Mitchell

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 108

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Mitchell! Glad you liked the Scrubbing bubbles tip.

I actually have a few more tips that I use personally, and I'm very interested in hearing what other people do as well.

I'm all for top notch products, but I'm also all for saving $$ as well.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wanted to re-iterate again that I use the Scrubbing bubbles for my Annual detail to bring things back up to "Holy Shit balls" new.

For normal summer usage I would use products like Ducky's Vinyl Defender, Boat Bling's Vinyl Sauces, or PBC's Vinyl Clean and Condition.

No I will not personally endorse any of these products over the other. Ask the forum members about what they use and why or better yet TRY THEM ALL and come to your own conclusions and post them! All 3 of these guys are seasonal advertisers on RDP, and it would not behoove me to shoot my relationships in the foot.

Ducky Vinyl Defender is a 1 stage product (clean and condition). Spray and wipe and you are done - 16oz is 16.99 http://www.duckyproducts.com/defender.vinyl.html

Boat Bling is a 2 stage product with a cleaning bottle and a conditioning bottle
Cleaning Bottle - 32 oz is 19.95 http://boatbling.net/products/boat-blings-product/vinyl-sauce/
Conditioning Bottle - 32 oz is 24.95 http://boatbling.net/products/boat-blings-product/vinyl-sauce/

PBC is a 2 stage product with a cleaning bottle and a conditioning bottle.
Cleaning Bottle - 32 oz is 19.95 http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/shop/Boat-Care-Products/Vinyl-Clean.html
Conditioning Bottle - 32 oz is 19.95 http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/shop/Boat-Care-Products/Vinyl-Condition.html

RD

rush1

Reaction score
Another hot tip on white plastic pieces that yellow is wipe them down with tilex mold remover it will bleach the plastic white again without making it brittle. :thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Another hot tip on white plastic pieces that yellow is wipe them down with tilex mold remover it will bleach the plastic white again without making it brittle. :thumbup:

Forgot about that but it's good enough to start its own thread if ya like!

I will back that up with if your white rubber insert is looking brown or has marks you can give it a light wipe down with acetone and it will make it look new again. NOTE. Follow that up by drenching it rubber conditioners!!

That is a once a year kinda deal as well.

I am considering starting a detail forum on here for DIY's.

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
I am considering starting a detail forum on here for DIY's.

That would be awesome! I love detailing and keeping all my shit looking fresh. Any good ideas or advice would be pretty fun to learn.

2Driver

Reaction score
So why not get the top manufactures names of the marine vinyl most used in our boats and call them and talk with a person who knows the raw product or check their website for specific chemicals to use and not use.

I checked a few and most are not big on anything except ivory dish soap and warm water, a couple ok'd 409 and fantasik, which I thought was weird. These were the makers of the raw product for marine use. Some had a list of specific off the shelf products and few suggested anything afterwards except fresh water. Common 'stay away froms' were alcohol ( for the vinyl not the user :) ) bleach, and most household cleaners except those metioned? Confusing chit.

One thing I did learn is that vinyl is not all created equal and what is best for some types is not best for others, it even varied amoung the same manufacture depending onthe the specific line of vinyl.

This is like an oil thread :)