WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1999 Eliminator 25 Eagle XP

Cray Paper

Reaction score
1999 Eliminator Eagle XP, open bow mid cuddy cabin, 502 MAG EFI, IMCO shorty lower unit, IMCO dual ram external steering, K planes, 26p SS Bravo prop.

Up sides - It gets out of the hole well when lightly loaded, heavily loaded ( 5 - 8 people) it needs the tabs all the way down to snap on plane but once there no need for tabs. If it's lightly loaded the punch from 30 - 70 is fantastic, pulls your head back like a modern muscle car. The engine in mine has been replaced, not sure how many hours are on it but it hits 72 ish quickly then bounces (5200 RPM) off the rev limiter. It can hit that 72 with 5 - 6 people and all their stuff. If it's just me it hits the rev limiter at about the same speed, but much quicker. It hits that number with minimal drive trim also, probably has to do with the shorty lower unit. The gel work is good, lots of depth of material. My boat spent time in Michigan, California and Arizona before I bought it. The purple was really oxidized. I color sanded the deck a bunch and got it to pop, the purple fade on the cowl area was a little thin though.

Down sides - It is a river or lake boat, in rough water it really beats the crap out of you, even with the tabs down.The swim step is a real liability, the angle is not conducive to getting out of the water and step on to the hatch cover. The swim step is gel coated, a rubber coating would be much better. The drain back pathway under the composite floor just doesn't work. Take water over the side ( not much freeboard for a 25' boat) and it seems to wind up stuck on the carpeted floor of the cuddy cabin. It refuses to drain to the bilge. I have bailed 5 gallons of water out of this area before after a weekend of use. The floor mounted fuel tank causes this as well as the drain back holes being plugged when the tank is glassed in. I've seen pictures of this after some one cut the composite floor out of theirs, not well thought out. Since I live and boat in a colder climate and am used to larger boats, none of these boats should leave the factory with out a windshield. Wind hitting your face unobstructed at 70+ MPH is brutal, not to mention the sound of that wind. I'm buying a windscreen this summer, 2K+, plus shipping seems steep but worth it.

Over all I am happy with the Eliminator, it's holding up well being almost 16 years old. I'm about two yeas away from selling it and looking for an Eliminator 30' Eagle XP. Perfect boat for running around the Puget Sound and quick trips to the San Juan Islands.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The interior is starting to show it's age. I plan to have the engine hatch cover replaced this spring, then start plugging away at the front seats. The vinyl has shrunk and pulled the stitching through it in some areas. The open bow bench seating upholstery has held up well except for the color fade.

The light grey mouse fur carpet has also not aged well. I am hesitant to replace it as the lightweight composite floor sheeting is really soft. As some of found, cutting it out and glassing in plywood makes a much more substantial floor.

Bitching about 16 year old finishes aside, this has been a great boat. The 26P Bravo prop pulls single, double skiers and wake boarders out of the hole quickly and the slick hull design still allows 72+ MPH with the same prop. My wife and I love the boat, but know or next boat will be something that has enough ass to hammer through 4- 6' chop.

shueman

Reaction score
Nice write up...thank you!!! That draining issue was rectified in future models.

We have a nice 26' available...2001 model year. Has new 540 and all the extras for $44k.

http://eliminatorboat.com/pre-owned/2001-26-eagle-wnew-540ci

It's our "pool boat" this week-end...:D
1902775_916112751766636_4922594693884238477_n.jpg

Cray Paper

Reaction score
That's a great looking boat and looks to be well cared for. Our next boat will be a little larger and have twins though. I'm going to put a some money in to this one and enjoy it for a couple more years then be in the market. I would really prefer to drop the boat off at Eliminator and have the interior redone, but that's a long haul from Seattle twice. Do you have any recommendations for an interior in the a shop in the PNW?

shueman

Reaction score
That's a great looking boat and looks to be well cared for. Our next boat will be a little larger and have twins though. I'm going to put a some money in to this one and enjoy it for a couple more years then be in the market. I would really prefer to drop the boat off at Eliminator and have the interior redone, but that's a long haul from Seattle twice. Do you have any recommendations for an interior in the a shop in the PNW?

Not really...make it a "winter-time" project...send it via uShip or Doug Parks. Figure $1.50 a mile each way.
We'll give you the "good guy" price for your efforts...
Gary

shueman

Reaction score
Thanks Rog...it's got everything needed...29hrs on a new 540 from Gary Teague...:thumbup:
I've had lots of lookers but no takers, as yet...:grumble: