WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Out on the Lake

Reaper1

Reaction score
So still real low. :D Heading to Temple Bar the weekend after Easter. :thumbup:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Please take pics and report back how the launch ramp is at Temple Bar , last year it was pretty bad but I like launching
out of there and going up lake .

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

No pics :rolleyes, but (as of 4/4) the water is higher than it was at the end of last summer. The corrugated steel plates are completely submerged. Had no issue launching my buddy's 38' Formula Fastec with his 3500 4x4, non-lifted, Duramax.

Reaper1

Reaction score
We launched a 255 Hallett this past weekend with no problem. Ramp is still kind of shallow but workable as discussed above, about the same as last year. Took a few pics for y'all in the morning.
IMG_1731.JPG IMG_1733.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1736.JPG

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Last year they had those metal plates perpendicular to the water instead of parallel , made coming out really hard , no traction , had
to go find sticks and rocks to shove under wheels when plates got wet !

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
What are those plates supposed to do?

welldigger00

Reaction score
They have them at the launch at Meadview also. They're like 10' wide or so as I remember. My buddy backed his trailer in, his wife was "watching" and he slipped off the edge a little, and sliced his rear trailer tire. He was pissed!

Reaper1

Reaction score
Gas dock is open but we gassed up top. Cheaper :D

Raycer

Reaction score
Didn't take the boat out today. But drove down to Boulder Cove to check it out. The cove is really getting small now. Talked to a guy who said they have been removing more dirt at the entrance. Also said was a better place to launch that Calville. I would say not much longer?:eek
http://lakemead.water-data.com/

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Didn't take the boat out today. But drove down to Boulder Cove to check it out. The cove is really getting small now. Talked to a guy who said they have been removing more dirt at the entrance. Also said was a better place to launch that Calville. I would say not much longer?:eek

He was saying Boulder Cove is better than Callville? Even with that added ramp at Callville?

Raycer

Reaction score
Yeah, he said Calville was down past the cement on the newer ramp. Said they had put metal there also. I'm going to drive over to Calville to check it out. And I will take pictures this time. Since I can take the boat during the week, pretty sure I will be going to Cottonwood on Mojave. Mead is down 6 feet since end of March.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Yeah, he said Calville was down past the cement on the newer ramp. Said they had put metal there also. I'm going to drive over to Calville to check it out. And I will take pictures this time. Since I can take the boat during the week, pretty sure I will be going to Cottonwood on Mojave. Mead is down 6 feet since end of March.

Sweet. Even down Mead is still huge. Post up about the ramp. I am still undecided about Mead or also going to Mohave next week.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Sweet. Even down Mead is still huge. Post up about the ramp. I am still undecided about Mead or also going to Mohave next week.

I hope the wind dies down. Suppose to be going out next weekend

vegasnordic

Reaction score

I would agree that currently boulder cove is nicer that calville, larger ramp and not nearly as long of walk. I have been in havasu the last couple weeks, but a couple weeks ago neither calville or boulder had the metal in the water. I will be launching out of Boulder on saturday so I will post an update.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I would agree that currently boulder cove is nicer that calville, larger ramp and not nearly as long of walk. I have been in havasu the last couple weeks, but a couple weeks ago neither calville or boulder had the metal in the water. I will be launching out of Boulder on saturday so I will post an update.

We launched last Thursday, came home yesterday. Ramp was fine except for being one lane at Callville.