WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dyno Tuning Shops

78Southwind

Reaction score
I am looking for marine shops that also do Dyno Tuning. I need a shop that I can just drop the boat off and they can pull the engine dyno it and then put it back into the boat. I know Boost Power has a dyno and I haven't crossed them off the list but they are a little far from me. I am looking for shops that are about an hour or less drive from Chino Hills CA. Thanks...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think boost power has a prop dyno?

What are you trying to find out? Seems like a lot of work to dyno tune a motor.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I was just looking at their website. Do you know if they have an in house dyno?

Yes they do, at least they did a couple years ago...

Just noticed my post JerryandLisa...lol. Damn iPads[emoji13]

78Southwind

Reaction score

The Spectra has some water reversion and I need an experienced shop to come up with a solution. Maybe just advance the cam or it may need a new cam I don't know. I would also like to tune it as well and try to tame the blower surge so it's drivable through the Marina and Channel.

I was reading about the prop dyno. I don't know if they will work with a V-Drive.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am looking for marine shops that also do Dyno Tuning. I need a shop that I can just drop the boat off and they can pull the engine dyno it and then put it back into the boat. I know Boost Power has a dyno and I haven't crossed them off the list but they are a little far from me. I am looking for shops that are about an hour or less drive from Chino Hills CA. Thanks...
We should be able to bail you out. Give Mike a call in the morning.

http://jmsservicecenter.com/

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
RC Performance in Huntington Beach does my stuff and they have a dyno onsite. My motor is nothing special but Richard has many years experience with a lot of high performance boat motors. He has been keeping all my dads buddy's up and running for the river since before I was even out there lol

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I would also like to tune it as well and try to tame the blower surge so it's drivable through the Marina and Channel.

I don't remember the boat having much blower surge if any. I used to pick on Greg about, I wonder what changed.

[video=youtube;L9JtW1gldh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JtW1gldh8[/video]

78Southwind

Reaction score
I don't remember the boat having much blower surge if any. I used to pick on Greg about, I wonder what changed.

[video=youtube;L9JtW1gldh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JtW1gldh8[/video]

I know, I have watched several videos and none of them have very much blower surge. I have read some posts where Greg said he had some water reversion issues but when I bought the boat there wasn't any evidence of water in the oil. I also read that he had the cam reground but I asked Tom and he said it wasn't reground. So I don't know if it's the surge that is causing the reversion or the cam. We were able to tune some of the surge out but it still looks like there is more than there was.

Trash

Reaction score

I believe BoostPower does have a prop shaft dyno, but getting it scheduled is another issue.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

You know that GT has a pool, they may be able to tune the surge out of it without pulling the engine.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Just thought you might want to see what they are setting up on the dyno today...

uploadfromtaptalk1427411486013.jpg

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score

Hello, we do have 3 dyno cells here however we tend to dyno our products primarily, however we can always schedule a propshaft dyno tune if its in the boat or a engine dyno session. We also have services that jet or efi tune on the water. Thanks 877 bpower-4-u

73mandella

Reaction score
I do not know if they will pull the engine, but you can call and ask. I take my engines to:

Westech Performance
11098 Venture Dr # C, Mira Loma, CA 91752
(951) 685-4767

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
You might want to check the exhaust system. If the exhaust system is introducing water closer to the engine than it is supposed to you will get a lot of surge and water reversion. Pressure test the exhaust system and you might find your problem.