WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Company - HAVASU TRADESMEN

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My neighbor George is a master plumber and worked at one of the larger plumbing outfits in Havasu forever. Long story short he has got out on his own with kind of a different concept for a business, that I think some of you guys might find pretty interesting. Being in the trade for 30+ years he has a bunch of friends that are framers, drywallers, tile guys, pretty much anything you can think of except for roofing and Air Conditioning.

Most the contractors out here are pretty unreliable, and the ones that are reliable charge all the money for it. Most the "handyman" services out here just nickel and dime you to death. 65.00 just to show up and asses a problem kinda deal.

George's concept for his business is basically a handyman business on steroids. He and his buddies are the guys that actually do all the work for the contractors in town, they are "The Tradesmen." He will be operating under Havasu's Handyman statutes, and basically what he does is if it's a plumbing job he handles it himself. If it's something like a framing job then he handles it with his framing guy and charges a small % for finding the work.

You would think the contractors would be kinda pissed about it, but so far they have been really receptive, because most the contractors don't want to deal with the smaller jobs. Contractors want the larger jobs, and again 30+ years in the Industry for George all kinds of things are running across his desk so if the job is larger then he refers it back to the contractors themselves.

He started about a month ago, and he's already taking care of several apartment complexes in town, and doing the fixer upper stuff for a bunch of Real Estate Agents.

I have him doing a bunch of little fix it stuff in Parker for me right now and have been pretty stoked on the whole deal. Namely because as most of us know it's impossible out here to find people that will even show up, let alone provide a written estimate, and get it done right.

If you have somethings at your house in Havasu / Parker that you need fixed and are looking for an honest guy, I'd highly recommend George.

Havasu Tradesmen is the name of his Business - 928-208-2405

(I think this is going to solve a lot of problems for a lot of people on this site.. It's already solving a few for me)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Looks like this may be a winning business.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Helluva an idea.....I'm at the age this could be an interesting idea.:hmm

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Great idea, but I am so stupid I do all that stuff myself. Maybe I should. Start paying to get some of it done for me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Great idea, but I am so stupid I do all that stuff myself. Maybe I should. Start paying to get some of it done for me.

I spent 3 days fucking around with this RO system trying to get it to stop leaking. Went through and re cut the lines probably 50 different times.. Then it sounded like it was draining a swimming pool down the drain for 2 days straight.. Finally I just got sick of spending that much of my vacation time in Parker on my back under a sink. Figured I would tighten up the faucet and be done with it for the weekend. Went to tighten the faucet and "POP" somehow someway the kitchen sink became slightly detached from the bottom side of the granite. Now there's a little gap between the old silicone, and the top of the sink.

Became pretty obvious I was going backwards and this was going to take me another 5-6 hours on my back before I got all the leaks fixed and the sink, and the faucet etc..

Having to rewind my life a few days, I would've called George and spent more time in the boat with the family.

RD

PVHCA

Reaction score
There are a lot of things I can do myself if I wanted to sacrifice my time, if it's an easy deal I'll handle it, anything IMO that isn't I call a pro in. My times worth more to me. I'd rather be out and about or golfing then f'n with things a tradesman should handle.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Shit, I bet he will do well on referrals from here alone, let alone word of mouth around town.
Ain't nobody got time to be fixin' there own stuff when they should be enjoying the weekends. [emoji3]

riverroyal

Reaction score
he falls under the handyman deal to avoid lawsuits. Is he a GC? if not have fun with that.........:rolleyes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
he falls under the handyman deal to avoid lawsuits. Is he a GC? if not have fun with that.........:rolleyes

He is not a GC as stated in the first post. On the same token him and his crew aren't "handymen" either, they are tradesmen. It's kind of a hybrid between the two (handymen vs GC).

I'm not sure if you have tried to deal with the home repair or construction side of things out here in Parker or Havasu, but it's nothing short of a nightmare. Half the guys either don't show, don't call back, take a deposit and vanish like a fart in the wind.. If they are handymen they show up and nickel and dime you to death.. The quality of work is all over the board... They are more or less jacks of all trades and masters at none. By the time most these jack asses are done you could have paid a GC to do it, (again if you can find one that will show up and do small projects)

While ole George isn't a GC, he and his crew are all Tradesmen in their perspective fields. Just the fact that they will show up and bid a job without charging for it puts them ahead of 95% of the people out here alone. The fact that they will stick to the bid put them way ahead of most as well.

Long story short, he's an asset. He does work, he isn't on drugs, he will show up when he says he will, and it will be done correctly before he leaves. To find that in Mohave county is difficult, which is why I posted the thread. I know there's a lot of guys (myself included) that will be happy to just find someone that will answer the phone and do the job.. LOL

RD

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
He is not a GC as stated in the first post. On the same token him and his crew aren't "handymen" either, they are tradesmen. It's kind of a hybrid between the two (handymen vs GC).

I'm not sure if you have tried to deal with the home repair or construction side of things out here in Parker or Havasu, but it's nothing short of a nightmare. Half the guys either don't show, don't call back, take a deposit and vanish like a fart in the wind.. If they are handymen they show up and nickel and dime you to death.. The quality of work is all over the board... They are more or less jacks of all trades and masters at none. By the time most these jack asses are done you could have paid a GC to do it, (again if you can find one that will show up and do small projects)

While ole George isn't a GC, he and his crew are all Tradesmen in their perspective fields. Just the fact that they will show up and bid a job without charging for it puts them ahead of 95% of the people out here alone. The fact that they will stick to the bid put them way ahead of most as well.

Long story short, he's an asset. He does work, he isn't on drugs, he will show up when he says he will, and it will be done correctly before he leaves. To find that in Mohave county is difficult, which is why I posted the thread. I know there's a lot of guys (myself included) that will be happy to just find someone that will answer the phone and do the job.. LOL

RD

Contractors in Havasu are charging the homeowner to give them a quote. ? :headscratch:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Contractors in Havasu are charging the homeowner to give them a quote. ? :headscratch:

Handymen in Havasu for the most part charge you 65.00 just to show up to look at a problem and give you a quote. Some of them will apply that 65.00 towards repairs, some don't. For the most part though, just finding anyone out here to do anything is a problem. Ole George has solved that problem for me. I figured some other people that want to get some shit fixed on the level might want the same.

FYI, I didn't ask George for any discount for posting this. This is a major solution for a lot of people with vacation homes and rentals out here.

RD

Spot

Reaction score
Has anybody use this service? Comments?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Has anybody use this service? Comments?

I just used him again two days ago. Had a sprinkler line break because it was too shallow and the rocks poked holes in it. 50.00 they trenched the line deeper, fixed the PVC and reburied it. He is also having one of his guys yank a tree for me in my backyard.. As well he is going to my river house this week to take care of some slow drains and fix some stuff a renter broke.

I am pretty stoked with George. I can't recommend him enough.

FYI I had him fix that sink problem at the river house in the post above as well.

Spot

Reaction score
I just used him again two days ago. Had a sprinkler line break because it was too shallow and the rocks poked holes in it. 50.00 they trenched the line deeper, fixed the PVC and reburied it. He is also having one of his guys yank a tree for me in my backyard.. As well he is going to my river house this week to take care of some slow drains and fix some stuff a renter broke.

I am pretty stoked with George. I can't recommend him enough.

FYI I had him fix that sink problem at the river house in the post above as well.

Thanks Dave. Unfortunately I had some water damage at my Havasu house and I need some help.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Unfortunately I had some water damage at my Havasu house and I need some help.

I'm sorry to hear about the water damage. Give George a call and post the results of your experience. I'm sure you will be happy with him.

RD

Always Floored

Reaction score
My neighbor George is a master plumber and worked at one of the larger plumbing outfits in Havasu forever. Long story short he has got out on his own with kind of a different concept for a business, that I think some of you guys might find pretty interesting. Being in the trade for 30+ years he has a bunch of friends that are framers, drywallers, tile guys, pretty much anything you can think of except for roofing and Air Conditioning.

Most the contractors out here are pretty unreliable, and the ones that are reliable charge all the money for it. Most the "handyman" services out here just nickel and dime you to death. 65.00 just to show up and asses a problem kinda deal.

George's concept for his business is basically a handyman business on steroids. He and his buddies are the guys that actually do all the work for the contractors in town, they are "The Tradesmen." He will be operating under Havasu's Handyman statutes, and basically what he does is if it's a plumbing job he handles it himself. If it's something like a framing job then he handles it with his framing guy and charges a small % for finding the work.

You would think the contractors would be kinda pissed about it, but so far they have been really receptive, because most the contractors don't want to deal with the smaller jobs. Contractors want the larger jobs, and again 30+ years in the Industry for George all kinds of things are running across his desk so if the job is larger then he refers it back to the contractors themselves.

He started about a month ago, and he's already taking care of several apartment complexes in town, and doing the fixer upper stuff for a bunch of Real Estate Agents.

I have him doing a bunch of little fix it stuff in Parker for me right now and have been pretty stoked on the whole deal. Namely because as most of us know it's impossible out here to find people that will even show up, let alone provide a written estimate, and get it done right.

If you have somethings at your house in Havasu / Parker that you need fixed and are looking for an honest guy, I'd highly recommend George.

(I think this is going to solve a lot of problems for a lot of people on this site.. It's already solving a few for me)

If he needs a top quality flooring guy, (Carpet, Tile, Wood and Laminate, Licensed Bonded and insured) I am new to Havasu and am looking to make good connections. I don't want to jack his service so I won't put my number up, but PM me if he is looking. Hope I am not in the wrong by posting this.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Is he willing to do work in Needles? We need a reliable resource like this, its pulling teeth to even get anyone to show up and look at anything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If he needs a top quality flooring guy, (Carpet, Tile, Wood and Laminate, Licensed Bonded and insured) I am new to Havasu and am looking to make good connections. I don't want to jack his service so I won't put my number up, but PM me if he is looking. Hope I am not in the wrong by posting this.

PM me your # and I'll give it to him. :) Have you talked to 82Daytona? He does a ton of tile / granite work in LHC!

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is he willing to do work in Needles? We need a reliable resource like this, its pulling teeth to even get anyone to show up and look at anything.

I'm in the works of trying to get a drywall company going out in needles/bhc/havasu. Hoping next year I can be working out there

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Wheeler is RDP's drywaller.. and he isn't some Hillary loving Liberal either. :D

RD

I was under the impression he didn't do needles or bhc. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, I like wheeler [emoji106]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was under the impression he didn't do needles or bhc. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, I like wheeler [emoji106]

I was joking V13... I'll add more smiley's next time to make it obvious.

:D :D :D :D

RD

Spot

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. So far I have worked exclusively off RDP. Carey came over and did some plumbing work. 82Daytona and another referral I got from the board gave me my flooring estimate. Right now I need some door jams replaced and my insulation and drywall done. That's my next step. Is Wheeler the go-to drywall guy in Havasu?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. So far I have worked exclusively off RDP. Carey came over and did some plumbing work. 82Daytona and another referral I got from the board gave me my flooring estimate. Right now I need some door jams replaced and my insulation and drywall done. That's my next step. Is Wheeler the go-to drywall guy in Havasu?

Wheeler is out of Parker, but will come to Havasu to do work if he isn't busy with work. George does pretty much everything, so he would do dry wall as well.

I do want to say a huge thanks to George.. For 4 years I have been chasing roof leaks on my back patio. I have had several people come out, and the god damn thing always leaks just like it did before. George came over, and I was bitching about it and he said "I'll be right back" he grabbed a bucket of Henry's and said lets try to put it on these spots and see if it helps. He ended up seeing one spot up above that nobody else had seen before, put some goop up there to test, and guess what.. No more dripping coming out of my patio ceiling. I'm not saying it's 100% fixed yet, because it isn't, but at least we found the main leak that nobody else has, and put a temporary hold on it so my house doesn't get anymore damage.

RD

Spot

Reaction score
Wheeler is out of Parker, but will come to Havasu to do work if he isn't busy with work. George does pretty much everything, so he would do dry wall as well.

RD

George is working at my house right now and so far all is good...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

RD - do you know if they will service Needles area? We need some stuff done.

BOOZE KROOZE

Reaction score
whos the rdp block wall go to. I cant believe some of the prices I have got for a simple wall.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'll ask him tonight when I see him.

RD

Ask him if he can do flat roof maintenance. My RV garage roof is about 12 years old. There is a thread about it the last week or so.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ask him if he can do flat roof maintenance. My RV garage roof is about 12 years old. There is a thread about it the last week or so.

He will do roof maintenance..

On the needles thing, I'm sorry guys I have been going to bed pretty early and George doesn't get home until pretty late so I haven't seen him. I'll call him in a few hours when I see his truck drive by the garage.. I'd have to expect that due to the commute he probably wouldn't do it? But I can ask.

RD

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
He will do roof maintenance..

On the needles thing, I'm sorry guys I have been going to bed pretty early and George doesn't get home until pretty late so I haven't seen him. I'll call him in a few hours when I see his truck drive by the garage.. I'd have to expect that due to the commute he probably wouldn't do it? But I can ask.

RD

Yea he may not for small items, but if we had a list of stuff to do or something major it might be worth his while. Its an easy drive, what is it 30 miles? Let me know what he says if you get around to asking him, thanks

grumpy88

Reaction score
Are any of his sub contractors lic. or ins . ? I'm in a park in parker on the c.a. side and I want to build a new deck . Thanks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are any of his sub contractors lic. or ins . ? I'm in a park in parker on the c.a. side and I want to build a new deck . Thanks

I don't know about all that.. You'd have to call him direct.

For the others I asked if he would travel to Needles, he said he would travel to needles but would likely charge for travel time. If the project was big enough he'd just go.

RD

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I don't know about all that.. You'd have to call him direct.

For the others I asked if he would travel to Needles, he said he would travel to needles but would likely charge for travel time. If the project was big enough he'd just go.

RD

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up RD :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Had George put a soft water system in my house tonight.. Really looking forward to seeing what the difference is tomorrow!

Image1465467866.017728.jpg

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Sure changed over the years, all I want is someone that does what they say, shows up and does a decent job. I’ve been a do it myself guy and can’t do that anymore. Cost isn’t high on the list.