WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reminder....

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As boaters, offroaders, etc., we all spend a TON of time in the sun. Go get checked for skin cancer. It takes barely any time and you might just save your own life.

Just got done with my yearly check and got the "All Clear", thank goodness.

uploadfromtaptalk1427740397078.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I get checked yearly and have had quite a few moles removed over the years that have turned out to be non-cancerous.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Thanks, I go every year and get some samples taken here and there.

Biggest thing with sunscreen is to remember to Re-Apply.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Good reminder.... Susie has her appointment this afternoon, and I will make one while we are there.. :)

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Thanks Melissa. This is something I always worry about but do nothing. This is the year.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Stage 2 Melanoma survivor here.:thumbup: If I wouldn't have gone in for a check chances are I wouldn't be here today.

GRADS

Reaction score
Don't make me post pictures to scare you into going to get checked.:yikes ;)

Singleton

Reaction score
Get checked twice a year (April and Sept). Spent way too much time when I was younger not wearing sun screen, so it is worth it. Got the all clear last week and first time in four year with nothing frozen off.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Every 6 months, on the dot. I'm one pale ass dude, so I'm high risk. Had a few things lopped off, but it's the lesser of two evils.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Good reminder.... Susie has her appointment this afternoon, and I will make one while we are there.. :)

Scouted I don't know who you guys go to, but I just had an apt last week at Palm Canyon Dermatology and I highly recommend them.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Just this last weekend I was telling myself it's time to go again. You are right get checked out and this is a good reminder

2Driver

Reaction score
I think ill get checked out after being in contact with the lake this weekend
:0

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Had a small low grade cancer / mole taken off the right shoulder a number of years ago no issues since :thumbup:. Pretty important to have checks on a regular basis in Australia, as it has the highest cases of Melanoma in the world. Apparently due to holes in the Ozone layer over the great Southern land.:yikes

Geez,if the snakes, Great Whites, Salt Water Crocs, Spiders and Jelly Fish don't get you the Ozone Layer will.:D

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Had a small low grade cancer / mole taken off the right shoulder a number of years ago no issues since :thumbup:. Pretty important to have checks on a regular basis in Australia, as it has the highest cases of Melanoma in the world. Apparently due to holes in the Ozone layer over the great Southern land.:yikes

Geez,if the snakes, Great Whites, Salt Water Crocs, Spiders and Jelly Fish don't get you the Ozone Layer will.:D

Didn't realize you Aussies were so damn soft. :p

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Basil cell is common, Melanoma is the dangerous one.
New chemos are showing promise but no silver bullets,,,,, yet.
But damn near.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Scouted I don't know who you guys go to, but I just had an apt last week at Palm Canyon Dermatology and I highly recommend them.

We had referrals from our doctor and some friends for Integrated Dermatology in the big building across 24th street from YRMC.

Mrs. Scouter had her appointment today and got a clean bill of health on her skin. Her hair, on the other hand, is falling out due to menopause.... Good thing she has a lot of hair.... :D

I made my appointment for a week from Thursday.

Thankfully, neither of us have any history of skin cancer in our families, but we spend ALOT more time in the sun than any of our family members. So this is really important....

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Wife had a basal cell carcinoma piece taken off her top lip two seasons back... so much for tanning oil. Now she lathers on the sunscreen and a hat.

Great reminder :thumbup::thumbup:

GRADS

Reaction score
Please, please, please watch this.

[video=youtube;_4jgUcxMezM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM[/video]

Andy01

Reaction score
Great post! Great thread!!! I go twice a year, grew up going to Havasu, and have the signs of Havasu. Have had a couple of moles removed, nothing crazy but they say finding it early is the key. :thumbup:

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Didn't realize you Aussies were so damn soft. :p

I agree bunch of soft cocks l tell you :D.
Mind you, l have met many a Yank that cry like little baby girls when they get a taste of Vegemite on toast :yikes
cc.jpg

O well better get down to the boat today and clean the bottom, usually do it with a knife so as to fight off the occasional Great White that become to nosy. :D
shark.jpg

You guys have catfish where we have CATSHARK :yikes
33.jpg

Little reminder of our cuddly indigenous species.:yikes
Capture.jpg
Got to love those friendly little Koalas
vb.jpg

Our local species love eating, sorry meeting, our American brothers.:D:D

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Just to keep DB's reminder going.....

My wife had her "check" last week. Clean bill of health.

I had mine yesterday. With the exception of a couple of "they aren't an issue now" areas on my face that the dermatologist froze, I got a clean bill of health too.

Get yourselves checked. It really takes no time. I was in and out in about 15 minutes. :thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's fast moving, fast growing and once it spreads it hides,, and you're a goner.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Got my "biopsy results were benign" call on the way to the river today. It's gonna be a great weekend!!

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
Went in to get checked about 4 months ago... Area I was concerned with was "no big deal",, However, the Doc wanted to check out everything else and low and behold, he finds Basal Cell Carcinoma on the side of my head above my ear, which is always covered by a hat. With that said, he lops off a chunk, tests it, and then removes the whole thing telling me to come back in 6 months for a follow up.

Moral of the story is that just because it isn't subjected to the sun doesn't mean it can't be cancer. Follow the recommendations and get yourself checked.

MSum661

Reaction score
Great reminder. Great thread. Thanks.
Already lost 2 friends to skin cancer. Happened quick.