WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Streamsmart revisited (Magic Cable Box take 2!!)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So there's about 100 RDP guys that have had these things for 5-6 months now. Still loving it?

Anybody else interested in boxes? I'm considering buying in heavy and becoming a dealer for them. As always if you want one right now you can get them from Cable Box Dave www.mystreamsmart.com and the check out code is "rdpfree" for 100.00 off.

I went to Parker last weekend for a bit and was watching normal TV, and I gotta admit I couldn't go back to it if I wanted too. It seems like for every 5 minutes of programming there's 10 minutes of commercials. It's been so long since I have even watched a show with commercials on the magic box that I found myself getting kinda pissed off, but also wanting to order that magic pressure cooker and not even knowing why.. LOL Kind of a love hate thing with the commercials going on I guess. Hate em, but haven't seen all the new products that I never I knew I needed. :D

So I have some kind of big news for those that can't live without Live TV. USTV now got shut down in the states which blew live TV off the magic box.. But they have another app out now called "ChannelUP" where you can buy a lifetime membership for 20.00 and supposedly it has all the live TV channels on it. I haven't done it yet, but I read about it this morning. You can only buy it for 20.00 until april 1st though so if that is what you want you better get it now.

Streamsmart now has their own forum for problem solving, etc.. So that is very cool, that is where I read about it.

Link to the forum - http://forum.streamsmart.tv/

We just added Channel Up TV which offers over 100 live US HD streams, this is an exclusive add on for StreamSmart customers only! You will get channels like ESPN, ABC, TNT, AMC, HBO, and many others in HD! Please visit the website to learn more and follow the directions below to join.

www.channelup.tv

Step 1: Go to the sign up page, http://www.channelup.tv/signup.html.
Step 2: Fill out all the info, your user name will be your e-mail and you create your password.
Step 3: Save both your user name and password as you will need to enter it to have access.
Step 4: Enter the promo code streamsmart to get a promotional rate of $20 for a life time subscription.
Step 5: Check out with paypal, your account will be charged a one time fee of $20.
Step 6: Enter Kodi/XBMC on your StreamSmart and click on the add on Channel Up TV and enter your user name and password.
Step 7: If you don't have the Channel Up TV add on simply run the StreamSmart wizard in add ons and once its done you will.

The promotional rate of $20 will only be good till April 1st, after the rate will go up to $79.95. Buy as many as accounts as you like!

Resellers will be able to offer special rates after the 30 day promotion is over so please contact your reseller after the 30 days to sign up.

***Each user name and password works on one box only, so if you have more than one box in your house you will need an account per box. The system is setup to one ip per account so if your using your account and someone else logs in with your account it will kick you off. So please don't share your account, your account is yours and yours only.

All the channels that new app has

ENTERTAINMENT

1) HBO HD
2) HBO FAMILY
3) SHOWTIME
4) SPIKE
5) ABC
6) AMC
7) CBS
cool.gif
FOX
9) COMEDY CENTRAL
10) A & E
11) NBC
12) TBS
13) SYFY
14) SHOWCASE
15) FX
16) ABC HD
17) CBS HD
18) ABC HD
19) NBC HD
20) FOX HD
21) FOX 29 HD
22) FOX LOCAL HD
23) ION HD
24) NICK HD
25) PBS HD
26) THE CW HD
27) TNT HD
28) CTV HD
29) AXS HD
30) USA NETWORK
31) H2
32) KANAL 1
33) SKY 1
34) SKY 2
35) SKY ATLANTIC
36) BBC ONE
37) BBC TWO
38) CBC HD
39) GOLD
40) ITV 1
41) ITV 2
42) ITV 3
43) ITV 4
44) RTE 1

DOCUMENTARY

45) ANIMAL PLANET
46) NAT GEO CHANNEL
47) NAT GEO USA
48) HISTORY CHANNEL
49) NAT GEO WILD HD
50) FOOD NETWORK
51) HGTV HD
52) NTV CARS HD
53) DISCOVERY SCIENCE
54) NASA
55) CRIME AND INVESTIGATION
56) POT LUCK CHANNEL

SPORTS HD

57) ESPN USA HD
58) ESPN 2 HD
59) ESPN NEWS HD
60) FOX SPORTS 1 HD
61) FOX SPORTS 2 HD
62) NBC SPORTS HD
63) NBA HD
64) MLB HD
65) NFL HD
66) GOLF HD
67) CBS SPORTS
68) SPORTS NET ONE HD
69) TENNIS HD
70) ESPN U HD
71) SPORTS NET ONTARIO HD
72) SPORTS NET WORLD HD
73) SPORTS NET 360
74) OSN HD
75) TSN 1 HD
76) TSN 2 HD
77) TSN 3 HD
78) TSN 4 HD
79) TSN 5 HD
80) BT SPORTS 1 HD
81) BT SPORTS 2 HD
82) SONY SIX
83) SKY SPORTS 1 HD EU
84) SKY SPORTS 1 HD GB
85) SKY SPORTS 3 HD EU
86) SKY SPORTS 3 HD GB
87) SKY SPORTS 4 HD EU
88) SKY SPORTS 4 HD GB
89) SKY SPORTS 5 HD EU
90) SKY SPORTS 5 HD GB
91) SKY SPORTS NEWS HD EU
92) SKY SPORTS NEWS HD GB
93) BOX NATION HD
94) OSN SPORTS 1 HD
95) OSN SPORTS 2 HD
96) OSN SPORTS 3 HD
97) OSN SPORTS 4 HD
98) PREMIER SPORTS HD
99) RACING UK HD
100) SKY SPORTS 2 HD EU
101) SKY SPORTS 2 HD GB
102) SKY SPORTS 1 HD EU
103) SKY SPORTS 1 HD GB
104) STAR SPORTS 1 HD
105) STAR SPORTS 2 HD
106) STAR SPORTS 3 HD
107) STAR SPORTS 4 HD
108) BEIN SPORTS HD

SPORTS

109) AT THE RACES
110) BOX NATION
111) BRITISH EUROSPORT
112) BRITISH EUROSPORT 2
113) BT SPORT 1
114) BT SPORT 2
115) ESPN
116) RACING UK
117) SETANTA IRELAND
118) SETANTA SPORTS 1
119) SKY SPORTS 1
120) SKY SPORTS 2
121) SKY SPORTS 3
122) SKY SPORTS 4
123) SKY SPORTS 5
124) SKY SPORTS NEWS
125) SKY SPORTS F1
126) WILLOW CRICKET

NEWS

127) BBC NEWS
128) SKY NEWS

PPV

129) UFC HD

NFL

130) NFL 1 HD
131) NFL 2
132) NFL 3
133) NFL 4
134) NFL 5
135) NFL 6
136) NFL 7
137) NFL 8

LIFESTYLE

138) SKY ARTS 1
139) SKY ARTS 2
140) SKY LIVING

KIDS

141) DISNEY JUNIOR
142) NICK JR.
143) NICKELODEON
144) DISNEY XD HD
145) CBEEBIES HD

MOVIES

146) SKY ACTION
147) SKY COMEDY
148) SKY DRAMA
149) SKY FAMILY
150) SKY PREMIER
151) SKY SCI-FI AND HORROR
152) SKY THRILLER
153) SKY FAMILY HD
154) SKY MOVIES DISNEY HD

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I have mine and still love it. In addition I bought another streaming device with a quad core processor and loaded XBMC/Kodi on it. I think I still like the SmartStream box better because it comes preconfigured with all the apps. Sure I could probably find them, but I'm just to lazy to do it.

The typical "stream not found" issues plague both boxes and it is what it is, but it's better than paying for movies or sitting through commercials on the TV. We went to the theatre last Friday and it reminded me why I hate going there. $20 for two tickets, $20 for popcorn and two Cokes. Screaming kids, giggly girls, people talking during the movie and the annoying over the top laughter. Coincidentally the movie we saw on Friday was just released and by Sunday it was on the box, although not in a high res version yet.

In a nutshell, yes I still like mine :thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Streams mart has a quad core box now fyi. I haven't tried one yet though. I know at least two members have them. (I'm sure more have them.. But I just happened to know that 2 guys I know have them unfortunately they don't live local so I can't check em out)

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
So who does the $20 one time fee go to? And what is it talking about with after 30 days contact ur reseller to sign up?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I love my box Dave. I've bought a couple and sold some myself to friends interested in them [emoji106]

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I have one of the quad core boxes. The box it self is pretty speedy and when you can catch a descend stream it works well with little to no buffering. That said I have been having tough time finding streams. It basically just states there is no stream or failed to download.

Not the boxes fault just the system in general.

Sharpy

Reaction score
Dave, does the $20 account payment cover all boxes I own or do I need a separate account for each?

-Chris

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So who does the $20 one time fee go to? And what is it talking about with after 30 days contact ur reseller to sign up?

I think that forum is more for box dealers.. I have no idea who the 20.00 goes to I just know it's going to be 79.00 in 2 days. I just found that deal this morning.

I don't watch live tv so I'm not sure if I'm gonna by it or not.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, does the $20 account payment cover all boxes I own or do I need a separate account for each?

-Chris

That text says each box.. I really don't know a lot about it to be honest.

Sharpy

Reaction score
I have one of the quad core boxes. The box it self is pretty speedy and when you can catch a descend stream it works well with little to no buffering. That said I have been having tough time finding streams. It basically just states there is no stream or failed to download.

I wondered about that myself. But having a Quad Core processor, does it boot and load content that much faster than the S3?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If you click on one and it says ice films or skmethjng and no stream. Just scroll past all those to the next name. Don't click all 9 ice films ones.

I never have problems finding servers but I have settled into a few names that I like and use regularly.

Sharpy

Reaction score
That text says each box.. I really don't know a lot about it to be honest.

Thanks, I've been waffling back and forth about getting another box and this promo just lit a fire under me to decide.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I wondered about that myself. But having a Quad Core processor, does it boot and load content that much faster than the S3?

Absolutely, I had the 3 core and the quad is much nicer / faster for sure. It also has better WIFI connection.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
If you click on one and it says ice films or skmethjng and no stream. Just scroll past all those to the next name. Don't click all 9 ice films ones.

I never have problems finding servers but I have settled into a few names that I like and use regularly.

Thanks Dave, I will give that a whirl.

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I still love mine. Watched Focus last night with zero buffering. Thanks again Dave

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I still love mine. Watched Focus last night with zero buffering. Thanks again Dave

I don't get any buffering, but I usually watch 720 feeds because of our slow ass internet.. LOL After Stacy and the kids goto bed and there's less shit on my network I watch 1080 feeds.

RD

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Has sudden link got the upgrades done in your neighbor hood? If they do you need to unplug modem for a minute replug in and you should have a lot faster internet 15 meg service went 30. 30 went to 50. 50 went to 75

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I'll be honest I'm interested but it all sounds too techy to me. I am afraid I would be lost and not know how to work it then once I got it working it wouldn't work again and I'd have to learn something else to get it working. It's intimidating

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I'll be honest I'm interested but it all sounds too techy to me. I am afraid I would be lost and not know how to work it then once I got it working it wouldn't work again and I'd have to learn something else to get it working. It's intimidating

They are pretty simple really almost like surfing the web

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Has sudden link got the upgrades done in your neighbor hood? If they do you need to unplug modem for a minute replug in and you should have a lot faster internet 15 meg service went 30. 30 went to 50. 50 went to 75

I will check the speeds tonight. I just kinda fell into a routine..

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I just did the speed test on the stream smart box I'm getting 35.70 down load 5.56 upload

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Dual cores are 250.00. Not sure on the quads. They are all on daves website. 100.00 off with Rdpfree. As your check out code.
Cool. If I get this job at Raytheon I'll have to get one

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Yes, the quad core processor does help.
Did anyone end up ordering Channel up? Good, bad, scam?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave got any quads for sale?

Just get them off mystreamsmart.. I don't have any right now, but I'm going to order another 10 soon.

Yes, the quad core processor does help.
Did anyone end up ordering Channel up? Good, bad, scam?

I bought it and we used it a bit. It's live TV, and HBO live feeds etc.. I generally watch shows that I want to watch and commercials drive me nuts so I haven't used it much. I bought it because it was 20 bucks now and 80 later.. and if someone wants to watch live tv they can.

RD

slowride

Reaction score
Unless something's changed, I don't need another paper weight....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Unless something's changed, I don't need another paper weight....

Not sure I get it. ? Did you order a box and have problems?

I know there was a couple guys in here that had issues. Sigus had a bum unit. He got a new unit and all is good. What was yours doing?

I love mine. Everybody I know that has them loves them as well.

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
The WiFi antenna on the boxes suck.

I love the quad core box I have but I have to admit the wifi sucks. I hard wired with an Ethernet cable and the box is completely different. I can watch 1080 any time with zero buffering. I never have to reboot the box and it is much faster. I was hesitant to do it since some said it was better with wifi, but in my house that was not the case. If you are having problems I highly recommend you try an Ethernet cable. I cancelled cable and wouldn't want it back for free after having the magic box.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I cancelled cable and wouldn't want it back for free after having the magic box.

That's about how I see it. I just popped 20.00 for the live TV app on the box, and I'm sitting here wondering why I even paid 20.00 to watch live TV.. And that has HBO and a host of other things that people pay monthly for.. LOL

I just go to popular, and I'm "lost in stream" for hours.. :D

My mom gave my nephew one as a present, and a way to save money on cable. He called me once with a question on getting the wifi setup.. He called me the next day (I assumed to talk about tech shit) and he said "This thing is unreal" and was telling me basically all the stuff I told him originally about the shows and movies.. Now he calls me about once a week just to talk "box." He's become somewhat of an expert on the thing especially on the music side of it (which I never use).

Anyhow everytime I call and say "What are you doing" he says "Oh just streamsmarting my life away.. LOL" :D

RD

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Dave,
Could you check out my new thread in the magic cable box forum in the tech section? I'm looking for a little help with something, and not much goes on over there.