WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

22RC Complete Resto.....

aaronschiada

Reaction score
It's been quite a long since I've posted anything on my boat, but it's been in hibernation for quite a while. Well a few months ago I finally pulled the trigger on getting this thing done. Here's a few pics on the current status. We are hoping for a completion date of June.....hoping. Thanks to Alexi @ Boostpower, we are on schedule and looking so sick!!!! More photos to come. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That looks nice, very nice! :thumbup:

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Who did this boat belong to before you bought it?

Halvecto

Reaction score
Who did this boat belong to before you bought it?

That 22 (A-18) was owned for a long time by the Phillips family from Lake Arrowhead. They took the Boostpower engine out and are running a yellow 21RC (#18) now.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Unfortunately, whomever it was, they let it sit on the side of their house in Lake Arrowhead and let it turn into an outdoor jacuzzi. Rotted out all the wood in the boat...floors, stringers, transom, everything. Schiada of course did all the new wood and fiberglass work. We've had it sitting, ready to be rigged for the last 3 years. You'll see her at Parker quite a bit this year.

Backlash

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of what the boat looked like before you began the resto?? It's always interesting to see where people began vs. where the project currently is. I would love to see the difference! ;) Beautiful boat!

Henry

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I remembered the A18 but couldn't remember who owned it...I was in the ski club up there in the early 90s...good looking ride!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the thumbs up....Se you guys at the river hopefully. I think if you look on my profile there's some old pics on there.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Here's a little sneak peak at what's helping power this lady... image.jpg

aaronschiada

Reaction score
This is the 8.3 Whipple. The equivalent to a 14:71, but way more efficient, and capable of pushing way more boost. this thing is a monster in person, and it will keep the motor nice and low pro!!!

Rivrat

Reaction score
Saw the boat in person last week. The Black ano is Sano.. :thumbsup:thumbsup Very stoked to see this thing done!

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Nice job Aaron! Glad to see another white and yellow Schiada is going to be tearing up the Parker Strip! [emoji106]🏻

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Nice job Aaron! Glad to see another white and yellow Schiada is going to be tearing up the Parker Strip! [emoji106]

Thanks Mark! It's been a long time coming! Can't wait to get out there and take over the river with the rest of the Schiada family!!!!!!

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
That 22 (A-18) was owned for a long time by the Phillips family from Lake Arrowhead. They took the Boostpower engine out and are running a yellow 21RC (#18) now.
yes good folks!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Couple more pics. Rigging is complete, and she's gone to Schiada for interior. Gettin close!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 129

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful! So Alexi's crew rigged it? What HP, Gear and prop will you run? Very curios on whose prop. Looking forward to more pics/info.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Bad fucking ass. I like the black. [emoji106]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
DJunkie you getting some ideas???? :D

I've got lots of ideas. But no money to follow through with them. [emoji23]
I'm in the middle of repairing my broken steering cable and I just put a killer stereo system in mine. Other than doing a few minor other things mine won't be getting any big love for a while.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
thanks for the comments guys. this boat has been a long time coming. i couldn't be happier with the rigging. I'm super stoked how all the black turned out. was worried at first that it wouldn't work, but i can see now that it was the right decision.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
as for the gears, prop, and HP....well I can't give everything away:D stay tuned for interior pics, motor pics, and high speed river pass pics...hahaha. when we dyne the motor, ill give the low down. thanks for checking in. glad to see there are some 22rc fans out there!

SKIA36

Reaction score
as for the gears, prop, and HP....well I can't give everything away:D stay tuned for interior pics, motor pics, and high speed river pass pics...hahaha. when we dyne the motor, ill give the low down. thanks for checking in. glad to see there are some 22rc fans out there!

Boat looks awesome!

Still miss my 22 v-drive(A36) , 1100hp Brummett TT power

Showed my wife the pictures, she skied behind that boat in the Arrowhead races many times when she read about the condition it was in, she said Dr. Phillips would roll over in his grave!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Boat looks awesome!

Showed my wife the pictures, she skied behind that boat in the Arrowhead races many times when she read about the condition it was in, she said Dr. Phillips would roll over in his grave!

Thank you sir. That's a good story. I've had a lot of people tell me some stories about the boat. And yes...it's pretty rediculous that anybody could have left it in the condition that I bought it. Major boat abuse!!! But she's in better hands now. Thanks for your post.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Boat looks awesome!

Yes. And I observed for her. Was a fun boat bruce [emoji6][emoji106]🏻

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Well....the heart of the beast is here. Alexi has been busy gettin this thing put together. Should push her down the river quite nicely!! Prob around 1200HP or so. Hoping to see her on the river soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 125

BMABITY

Reaction score
:thumbup:

The yellow and black look great, beautiful boat!

BUSTI

Reaction score
Engine looks good. The big Whipples look so good.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll be posting some more pics. Had the number and the name removed and all the interior from Schiada is in. Looks sooo good.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Schiada did a bitchin job on the interior as usual. Motor goes in next week, and testing it the week after!!!🎉😍👌🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 109

BMABITY

Reaction score
One day, one day I tell ya, I will have one of my own. Awesome ride!

Question: the drive/prop shaft does not look on center in the pics?

Is it, or is it not, and why if not?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Interior looks great. Would love to have mine redone like that.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
One day, one day I tell ya, I will have one of my own. Awesome ride!

Question: the drive/prop shaft does not look on center in the pics?

Is it, or is it not, and why if not?

Pointing out my flaws are we...? LOL. It is center...the balsa in-lay does not come down evenly unfortunately. Blame Schiada for that one...haha

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Went with the black valve covers instead...should look good with the polished stainless headers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 108

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Looks amazing!!! That thing is a monster!! I love the black!!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the praises. Can't wait to see everyone on the water. Just weeks away!

BamBam

Reaction score
Went with the black valve covers instead...should look good with the polished stainless headers.

Those covers should be easier to clean than polished aluminum. It looks like no hatch. Boat looks great.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Those covers should be easier to clean than polished aluminum. It looks like no hatch. Boat looks great.

way easier to clean. especially since the headers will sit really close to them. def no hatch on this one...maybe down the road if i decide to ever get married......hahahaha...riiiight!!

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
way easier to clean. especially since the headers will sit really close to them. def no hatch on this one...maybe down the road if i decide to ever get married......hahahaha...riiiight!!

Lol! Find a wife that will lay out on the bow like I did[emoji41][emoji106]🏻

BUSTI

Reaction score
Really like the all white interior. I never liked plain interior until I owned a boat with it. It's the only way to go.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Had the number on the side removed, along with the name on the back. Boat looks sooo much cleaner without them. I will prob have the blue pinstripes gone over in black this winter to tie everything in. Boat is really looking clean I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg