WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Hamlett Project

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I can't figure out how I was taking on water though. I filled the boat with water for a week and did not see any water coming out of the hull/keel. Weird.

Might check the shift cable bellows for cracking, that's were mine was taking on water from.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_2958.jpg

Glass work. I have a cool little feature I'm going to incorporate. Stay tuned it's going to take a week or so to dial it in.

Hammer

Reaction score
Might check the shift cable bellows for cracking, that's were mine was taking on water from.

Good call. I was talking to my old man this morning and he had mentioned the same thought. [emoji106]

Backlash

Reaction score
I couldn't tell from the pictures but you guys ran glass down and over the floor cutout correct?? Glassing in, over and around the lip that you screwed to the bottom of the floor? I've seen plenty of those break loose and the lids fall through when people stepped on them. :D

Hammer

Reaction score
I couldn't tell from the pictures but you guys ran glass down and over the floor cutout correct?? Glassing in, over and around the lip that you screwed to the bottom of the floor? I've seen plenty of those break loose and the lids fall through when people stepped on them. :D

Yes we ran glass over the floor cut out, glassed in, over and around the lip screwed to the bottom of the floor.

Hammer

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good place to source handles like this? I need to come up with a latching system for a hatch alteration. Latch.jpg

I'm looking something smaller almost like the ski locker pulls but it needs to latch shut so it doesn't fly open.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_5047.jpg
Color matched gel for some touch up next weekend! [emoji41]

Hammer

Reaction score
I Freed up some time to remove a few dash switches and a gauge so I can fill the holes. Although the custom mechanical trim gauge was cool it had a tendency to get stuck. The old digital Bennett tab gauges never worked so I am tearing out those as as well.

I need to clear up some dash space to install a toggle switch plate somewhere. It will clean up the dash and I can have one central switch location. This will also give me space to install tab/drive indicator on the dash.

I also am ditching the fuel pressure gauge, It is not a necessity on the dash. Also it was for a carbureted application.

IMG_5140.jpg

Trim switch and an old nitrous button that is an active on the left side of the helm.

IMG_5143.jpg

While I was at it I thoroughly cleaned the bilge and assessed the glass damage I wanted to repair. Not quite done yet, the old power plant had an oil leak it for what I am assuming has been years. Every inch the bilge has a film of oil/grime. I will fill the holes and shoot the bilge with gel as well.

IMG_5150.jpg

I decided to pull the hatch hinges, ski tow, light mount and the breathers as the will be updated for a modern look. I will fill the holes and re gel the back half of the boat. After further thought I decided to leave the transom alone and fill and seal a few holes.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg IMG_5154.jpg IMG_5157.jpg

The crack you see in the above picture is from the hatch support. It was to much weight and not enough support for the small are with people walking on it over time. I will fabricate one long continuous "u" shape hatch support later on.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Shit the rate your going you'll be done before mine too!! :grumble:

Iv got a large switch panel I had made up for mine, now changing for the 3rd time, i can text you pic if you don't have one already.

Hammer

Reaction score
The hatch came out great.

Hoping to shoot the gel next weekend. [emoji1303]

IMG_5178.jpg
IMG_5179.jpg

Makes the vinyl look like shit. Trying my best to hold off on interior till the end of the year.

Hammer

Reaction score
Shit the rate your going you'll be done before mine too!! :grumble:

Iv got a large switch panel I had made up for mine, now changing for the 3rd time, i can text you pic if you don't have one already.

Ya that would be great!

You are having the best in the industry work on yours.
Do you have my number?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I love seeing your work Hammer, reminds everyone you can actually do it yourself and still come out great!

Looking forward to see it finished! :thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score
I love seeing your work Hammer, reminds everyone you can actually do it yourself and still come out great!

Looking forward to see it finished! :thumbup:

Thank you. I really appreciate it. It is a lot of work, not sure I would do it again though. Haha

Hammer

Reaction score
'Hammer Down' sure has taken on a new meaning in the last couple years. :D

Keep up the good work Mike! :thumbsup:thumbsup

My dad always said I have a "lead foot" .

IMG_5337.jpg

Sooooo close to assembly . [emoji1303]

Hammer

Reaction score
Below you can see one of the bad cracks from the hatch support. This was the most damage on the hull. The rest was cosmetic. You can see the progress in order.

IMG_5137.jpg IMG_4973.jpg IMG_5165.jpg

The Dash
IMG_5083.jpg
IMG_5158.jpg IMG_5158.jpg IMG_5164.jpg IMG_5187.jpg IMG_5370.jpg
Not sure why the last picture came up

Attachments

• IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_5369.jpg
    IMG_5369.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 127

Hammer

Reaction score
We have a short block[emoji41]
IMG_0075.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg IMG_0078.jpg

Hopefully we will be installing heads this weekend. IMG_0080.jpg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm no cam yet....

Partial short block???

Needs a 3/4 race cam for sure. Not full race, but 3/4 :thumbsup

Hammer

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm no cam yet....

Partial short block???

Needs a 3/4 race cam for sure. Not full race, but 3/4 :thumbsup

Well yes. technically Partial short block. I have the cam just not in yet. Lol

3/4 Race Cam. Noted.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Lol. Nope. My dad retired so I just gave him [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. And said keep me posted when it's ready.

Nice!

Keep us posted. Are you planning on some dyno time?

Hammer

Reaction score
Nice!

Keep us posted. Are you planning on some dyno time?

I'd like to dyno it for sure. That way I can break it in and check for leaks and make sure It's ready to go when I drop it in.

Next up is mocking up the intake and spacers and making sure everything lines up and will seal well.

Push rods and rockers came in as well as a new crank trigger kit and MSD distributor.
IMG_0607.jpg

I received a crank trigger from B&D Marine but it was red anodized. I wanted to have it anodized a different color but the magnets embedded from the factory aren't removable. I didn't want to risk damaging the magnets during the anodizing process.

So I ordered a black one.

I want to sell the other one if anyone is interested.

Hammer

Reaction score
After weeks of trying to figure out why the manifold didn't line up it was discovered that the manifold must have shifted in the mold as it was not "square" it would not sit and touch all sides of the mating surfaces at the intake runners of the heads and the front and rear of the block. I ended up taking it to a machinist friend of mine and he knew exactly what to do. He had mentioned that he has seems this a few times.

Once I got the manifold back after he did his magic everything fits perfectly [emoji1303]

I can finally button this motor up.

IMG_0845.jpg

I did run into one other issue. The pan came with the block and I don't know if it's a 10 or 14 qt. Pan? I asked Teague and the guy at the counter said it's too hard to tell by pictures. Any way to find out how much oil it holds without filling it up and guessing?

IMG_0836.jpg

Feels good to FINALLY get the engine closed up. [emoji41]

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
After weeks of trying to figure out why the manifold didn't line up it was discovered that the manifold must have shifted in the mold as it was not "square" it would not sit and touch all sides of the mating surfaces at the intake runners of the heads and the front and rear of the block. I ended up taking it to a machinist friend of mine and he knew exactly what to do. He had mentioned that he has seems this a few times.

Once I got the manifold back after he did his magic everything fits perfectly [emoji1303]

I can finally button this motor up.

View attachment 588552

I did run into one other issue. The pan came with the block and I don't know if it's a 10 or 14 qt. Pan? I asked Teague and the guy at the counter said it's too hard to tell by pictures. Any way to find out how much oil it holds without filling it up and guessing?

View attachment 588553

Feels good to FINALLY get the engine closed up. [emoji41]

That's a 10 quart

:)

JT

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Life saver!!! Thanks bud. [emoji1303]
I will be in shortly for pulleys/brackets/water pump etc and the rest of the engine accessories .

Really appreciate you chiming in.

No problem! We have new stainless hardline dipstick tubes too [emoji106]

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_0846.jpg IMG_0847.jpg

Is it just me or do the Eddie Marine breathers look unusually tall?