WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Working Man's Billet Foot Control

Gman

Reaction score
All billet, 304/316 Stainless Steel, 6061-T6 and Dupont Delrin Plastic bushings. Was made to powder coat as it's not polished, just raw aluminum. Powder colors of your choice, 1 week turnaround for powder. Not an N-CONTROL, but a far better, stronger, lighter and smoother control and over $100 less. Compare the two side by side:
N-Control: 10-24 threaded lower axle & using home drawer rollers, open roller track, bushings are softer Nylon
This control: 1/4" stainless lower axle w/two 1/4"w x .87 Dia Rollers, Captive Track roller system, Delrin Bushings, easier cable routing & securing system, 3/4" sq. billet linkage arm, with lighting holes, aggressive appearance.

Comes as pictured w/Billet Delrin Spring Housing, Throttle Spring & Billet Delrin Throttle Rod and 25' of Stainless Wire Cable. No epoxied together stuff like the other guy uses, only one piece billet materials for the ultimate in strength and reliability.

It's obvious who's is better in cost and materials, compare for yourself, the choice is clear..............:)

My EZ FOOT Control:
$295 + $15 shipping USPS Priority Mail (Raw Aluminum)
Powder Pedal only + $10 std colors
Powder Pedal & Frame + $30 std colors
NOTE: Roller Track, Linkage Arm, Cable Mount and Pedal Linkage Arm Brackets are not available for powder, causes to much friction in roller assembly. These parts will be sprayed with clear lacquer for protection when powder coating is done.
Custom colors available but at higher prices

The competition, N-CONTROL:
$399 + Shipping

Easy choice, higher quality, all billet and $100 cheaper, the clear choice is.................."EZ FOOT"

For inquires or more info: [email protected]

Pic is a control, raw aluminum w/Satin Black Pedal:

Highlights of both units side by side:

Roller Track:

Throttle end parts:

Backlash

Reaction score
VERY nice!!!! I may need one of these for the Schiaward later on down the road! :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Post pics of both assembled side x side.

RD

Gman

Reaction score
Here's a visual side by side look at both units.....N-CONTROL: $399 + shipping, Mine: $295 + shipping

Gman

Reaction score
The first "FULLY" powder coated unit is due back from the powder coater's shop next week. We finally have a system/method in place to be able to fully powder the entire control without adding any friction to any of the moving parts, as the powder coating does change the clearances by it's thickness. Pics coming as soon as it hits my door..............

Gman

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in posting back up, I've been in the middle of replacing my rotted out transom (the job from hell). I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

Back from the Powder Coater:

Reaction score
Sorry just my take but both need a top guard to pull back on the fuel sometimes it does stick even with spring on the motor.

Backlash

Reaction score
Gary that looks fantastic! ;) Nice work Sir!

As far as the hinge on the bottom portion of the footrest....can you post up a picture showing that part of your assembly?

The reason I ask is this......could you leave your pedal off and mount a different style pedal? Meaning, could I purchase your unit and install my pedal instead? Not knocking yours AT ALL; I already have matching left and right pedals and would like to keep them. Thank you in advance.

And yes, replacing a rotted transom is loads of fun! :) Now imagine cutting out the rotted transom along with four stringers and a kickboard! :) I think I'm getting used to the itching feeling one gets from grinding fiberglass. LMAO

Thanks again for the info. on a slick product!

Henry

Gman

Reaction score
Henry,

Anything is possible, you'd have to drill & co-sink your pedal for the 2 hinge screws and same for the top 2 screws that secure the linkage arm.

I have to apologize for the late reply, I've not been getting notices on postings on my thread. I'll have to look at my profile cause there's an issue here somewhere and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Gary

Gman

Reaction score
After allot testing on a couple of units in different boats I've decide to eliminate powder coating option on the following components:

Linkage Arm
Roller Track
Linkage Arm Brackets on pedal

**Only powdered parts available will be the pedal & the frame.

It has been found that the increase in friction reduces the smooth operation of the foot control as clearances are tight to begin with and additional drag is not wanted. Further more the risk of powder coating material which may accidently delaminate from the base material can cause an unsafe condition if wedged in the roller track assembly.

Thank you

For inquires or more info: [email protected]

Groper

Reaction score
Im also in need of a fixed "leftfoot" footrest.
Thanks