WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I just learned...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
...."reputable" tire shops won't repair a tire over 3 years old. They told me to go to one of the "non-reputable" shops on the Southside. [emoji14]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a 10 dollar beaner patch. Lol.

Perfect, I found this one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429371808.423111.jpg

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
You drove all the way to LA? LOL

Lol, in and out in 15 minutes. You were spot on with the $10 charge, tipped him $5. Guy had one arm but handled it no problem. Also had 2 pretty good tires I was gonna take to landfill and they took them. Only thing was no certificates. [emoji2]

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I like those little shops. You can wait over an hour at America's and Discount, but those guys get jacks under your truck before you get out the truck door. Plus they like to negotiate which is right up my alley. I don't like big corporations much though and always try to support the smaller guys...even if they are the southern border guys.

On a side note, I buy my meats from a butcher and not Costco or the chain grocery stores...what a difference for the same or even less dollars!!!

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Lol, in and out in 15 minutes. You were spot on with the $10 charge, tipped him $5. Guy had one arm but handled it no problem. Also had 2 pretty good tires I was gonna take to landfill and they took them. Only thing was no certificates. [emoji2]

Should have traded them the tired for the patch. They're gonna get 25 a piece for each tire. They just made 65 bucks off of you and gave you a 2 dollar patch in return. Lol.

White people problems. :p

707dog

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I like those little shops. You can wait over an hour at America's and Discount, but those guys get jacks under your truck before you get out the truck door. Plus they like to negotiate which is right up my alley. I don't like big corporations much though and always try to support the smaller guys...even if they are the southern border guys.

On a side note, I buy my meats from a butcher and not Costco or the chain grocery stores...what a difference for the same or even less dollars!!!

X2 been using the same tire guy since i bought my first set of wire wheels @ 16yrs old... now i buy from him for the family cars, iv tried a few others spots just not the same! i wish i could find a good butcher in my area gotta stick to costco until then!!

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
And according to manufacturer run flat tires aren't supposed to be repaired either.
Got a nail in one of ours the other day. Went to Les Schwab, told them which tire. in and out in 15 minutes no questions asked. Totally free.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Should have traded them the tired for the patch. They're gonna get 25 a piece for each tire. They just made 65 bucks off of you and gave you a 2 dollar patch in return. Lol.

White people problems. :p

Do they make that much off old tires? I always wondered. Everyplace I've ever been to charges at least 10 a tire for disposal.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I usually roll by there first.
Most often a bargain,, sometime not,, but always worth a check.
Low overhead and they pay their help in Tacos.
Usually 2 tacos.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Do they make that much off old tires? I always wondered. Everyplace I've ever been to charges at least 10 a tire for disposal.

You probably go to "reputable " shops. Lol. Lil beaner shops will flip tires that have decent tread for 20 25 bucks. They get them free. I don't think I've ever been charged for my take offs. I don't run them down to slicks though either.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Americas Tire aka Discount Centers with Certs.
If they can't fix it ya get a new tire.
They have always honored that and I'm money ahead.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

The sign said $35 and up for used tires, I'm sure that's negotiable. [emoji6]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm going to a spot in Pomona to see if I can find 2 35" all terrains to run a couple hundred miles [emoji2]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to a spot in Pomona to see if I can find 2 35" all terrains to run a couple hundred miles [emoji2]

I bet you will find some, maybe not the first stop. Place I went to this morning had lots of half used off road tires. Some were in better shape than the one I had repaired. [emoji23]