WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Leaving Ice Cold Water In Chest When Refilling Ice?

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Yardwork day. Nothin better than ice cold beer from cooler when doing so.There is some icy cold water still in it from yesterday.ive been told to leave it in when refilling with ice. There can't be a better bunch of experts on this subject then here. lol

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Yardwork day. Nothin better than ice cold beer from cooler when doing so.There is some icy cold water still in it from yesterday.ive been told to leave it in when refilling with ice. There can't be a better bunch of experts on this subject then here. lol

I stayed at a Howard Johnson last night so here we go.

The best way to keep ice solid is a shit ton of salt. This obviously not a good idea if you use cooler ice to make cocktails but for sealed cans and bottles it's great.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Yup. Liquid cooling is more effective than air/ice.
Yes sir, water will technically make the ice melt faster, but only becuase it is cooling your beer faster :thumbsup

It will still melt but it will be colder.
Salt will bring the melting point of the ice lower. It will last a shorter period, but will be colder. Salty water and ice is the absolute best way to chill a beer quickly. :thumbsup

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Yes sir, water will technically make the ice melt faster, but only becuase it is cooling your beer faster :thumbsup

Salt will bring the melting point of the ice lower. It will last a shorter period, but will be colder. Salty water and ice is the absolute best way to chill a beer quickly. :thumbsup

RDP... always has the best information :thumbup:

Enen

Reaction score
I hear the guys with AO coolers don't get this experience very often :)

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
But I thought everything posted on RDP is right :)
:tbi

Bon Jour vest.jpg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

REALLY ? :D THIS NOT BOATING context and a really dumb ????? :D:boobeyes:

77charger

Reaction score
If there is no ice left I drain about half the water then add beer than ice.

same here if the water is still really cold i drain about half then top with ice.Wanna chill it up some more throw some salt rocks in there too.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So.....for maximum chill....Add beer, add ice and sprinkle salt (kosher) on top?

Friggin' rocket scientist an' shit :)

brgrcru

Reaction score
I thought salt makes ice melt ? Why do they salt the roads then. Now I am really confused:eek

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I thought salt makes ice melt ? Why do they salt the roads then. Now I am really confused:eek

We must have missed the rocket scientist class in school....lol

Anybody clarify this?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Salt does make ice melt, but for some reason it gets colder as it's melting, that's why you dump salt on the ice when you're making homemade ice cream

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Only explanation would be he passed out between refills:thumbup:

Happens to me all the time! God Damn frozen beer!!!:fsakes Good thing for Whiskey:D

Brad's

Banned
Reaction score
Best way to chill a beer quickly at home is to wet a paper towel and wrap it around the beer and stick it in the freezer. Don't believe me? Try it.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

Saltwater freezes at a lower temp than fresh water. Thus by putting salt in with it you're forcing it to that lower temperature. Some will melt but what's left is colder.

Oversimplified: ice releases 'cold' when it melts. Salt forces it to melt more which releases more cold. :)

My chemistry teacher is probably having a heart attack somewhere right now. Lol

TLAW719

Reaction score
If you have an AO like I do then a co2 fire extinguisher works great. Ice cold beer in 30 seconds.

TLAW719

Reaction score
How does this method work?

Get a co2 extinguisher or two and fill your AO with beer. Discharge the extinguishers into your cooler and there you have it cold beer.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
RDP... always has the best information :thumbup:

Amasin plethora of knowledge here fo realz.Heres sumthin i learned this weekend before drinkn time and was craving ice cold water.Dipped my cup into the CLEAN ice chest of icy cold water and drank it.Some of the best tasting water ever! (Walmart ice)