WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I WANNA BE A COWBOY

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
WE WANNA DECO THE NEW TO US HOUSE IN WESTERN COWBOY.....ANY IDEAS???

[video=youtube;YaIFmBwJ1ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIFmBwJ1ZI[/video]

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Looking forward to your efforts!! Please post some pix!

Can I just put an offer on the house now, or do I have to wait?:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looking forward to your efforts!! Please post some pix!

Can I just put an offer on the house now, or do I have to wait?:D

FIRST THING is gonna be the kitchen,....the way they lay'ed out the cabinetts sucks,...

TLAW719

Reaction score
Hobby lobby has a lot of really cool western stuff.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hobby lobby has a lot of really cool western stuff.

I went into that place in havasu a few months back. Tons of crap to decorate your house with. You can spend a small fortune in there.

TLAW719

Reaction score
I went into that place in havasu a few months back. Tons of crap to decorate your house with. You can spend a small fortune in there.

Haha yeah that place is dangerous.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Haha yeah that place is dangerous.

The lighted arrow and the sign next to it came from there. Along with a whole bunch of other shit I bought. Was an expensive day. Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429583814.410879.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Heres my buddies grandpa's house up in Cour'de alene (think thats how its spelled!) Idaho.
He used to do western clothing and props for the movies, relocated up to Idaho from California when he retired. The whole house is western themed, Ill post some pics...
uploadfromtaptalk1429588919037.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429589067210.jpg

Heylam

Reaction score
Love the buffalo mount above the fireplace. Awesome.......

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Check out the magazine "Cowboy" style or something like that. Lots of fashion but a lot of architectural also. Kind of south west desert stuff.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Scheels In Sparks, Nv. has a home decorating/furniture dept. that sounds like what you are looking for. I checked and don't see a store in Vegas. If you happen to get up to Reno check it out. That dept. in that store can keep my wife busy for hours, while I cruise through the rest of the store.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is gonna be a fun project.... anyone sell barn wood in havasu or vegas???

''''''' 269443_221566224547022_3829795_n.jpg 900411.jpg 8982051.jpg 8982052.jpg 8982053.jpg 8982054.jpg Natural-Barn-Wood-Siding.jpg o-DOUGLAS-DUNCAN-570.jpg oldman.jpg Reclaimed-Grey-Barn-Wood.jpg untitledbvccf.jpg

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Regarding barn lumber...
I had a project awhile back and wanted some legit barn siding to create a wall in my shop. I am in the heart of old barn country and let me tell ya that stuff is like gold. What I did was buy a pickup load of culled 1x6 dog-eared cedar fence boards from the local lumber yard and cut the dog-ear end of flush, then treat them with a product from this company.
http://www.valhalco.com/why-use-lifetime-wood-stain.php
Within 24 hours those brand new 99 cent apiece boards looked like they were 100 years old. You can distress them even more prior to staining by putting a handful of pea gravel on one board and "sandwiching" it with another, then walk on the board...it pits them and makes them look even older.
I've even had people ask me where I got the barn lumber for my faux Gas Station wall... 15259from_the_corner_small-med.jpg

The three or four boards right of center were untreated at the time I took this pic. This sorta give you the idea of how it looks.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Regarding barn lumber...
I had a project awhile back and wanted some legit barn siding to create a wall in my shop. I am in the heart of old barn country and let me tell ya that stuff is like gold. What I did was buy a pickup load of culled 1x6 dog-eared cedar fence boards from the local lumber yard and cut the dog-ear end of flush, then treat them with a product from this company.
Within 24 hours those brand new 99 cent apiece boards looked like they were 100 years old. You can distress them even more prior to staining by putting a handful of pea gravel on one board and "sandwiching" it with another, then walk on the board...it pits them and makes them look even older.
I've even had people ask me where I got the barn lumber for my faux Gas Station wall... View attachment 403034

The three or four boards right of center were untreated at the time I took this pic. This sorta give you the idea of how it looks.

I seen that stuff , never try'd it though thanks for posting there a guy inj vegas with truck loads of cedar fence boards..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Regarding barn lumber...
I've even had people ask me where I got the barn lumber for my faux Gas Station wall... View attachment 403034

I thinking of making the kitchen into a western bar...:)

Heylam

Reaction score
If you want to age cedar, spray it with bleach. Grays the shit out of it, and makes it look 100 years old. Had a construction project a while back, and remodel looked like a ghost town when we were done.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
You are welcome, Steve. There is another easy peasy product out there the name of which is lost to my aging brain at the moment, but I am hunting for it.

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Iw6PeBjJ1Zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6PeBjJ1Zk[/video]

;)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If you want to age cedar, spray it with bleach. Grays the shit out of it, and makes it look 100 years old. Had a construction project a while back, and remodel looked like a ghost town when we were done.

thanks for the post,, do you rinse the wood after a bit or just leave it???