WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Have you ever bench pressed a 40' Formula

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Reportedly, it is a USCG Documented boat. They have Official Numbers. These numbers do not need to be displayed such as AZ and CF numbers.

They are required to have a vessel name and port of call on the transom though correct? I wonder if anyone caught what that was.

What a dipshit.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
They are required to have a vessel name and port of call on the transom though correct? I wonder if anyone caught what that was.

What a dipshit.

I tried. Someone said Dana Point I think

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

What a dipshit.

Yes, on both accounts - Name & Home Port on the transom, AND that guy WAS a dipshit. Official numbers must be permanently displayed on the interior of the hull, usually welded on metal or routed on wooden/FRP hulls.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Shit Karl[emoji47] . Glad you are ok and I hope you at least left a poop colored stain on his "vessel" too. Mutha Fugga[emoji40]

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
[SUP][/SUP]

Does the emblem on the side of the boat in front of the vent indicate was kind of boat it is?
No ... he was parked next to us on the beach at the Islander. I remember looking over at it and reading it ... but it wasn't a brand name of a boat.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
These guys were staying right next to us at the islander. I've never seen them in the islander before. They were arminian or Arab of some sort. They were in the corner of my eye all weekend.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
No ... he was parked next to us on the beach at the Islander. I remember looking over at it and reading it ... but it wasn't a brand name of a boat.

It looked like a morf of a scarab and a formula. The windshield through me off. The bottom was definitely scarab to me.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
It looked like a morf of a scarab and a formula. The windshield through me off. The bottom was definitely scarab to me.

The bottom was a complete mess. I showed Amy when we were launching how nasty it looked ... as if they never bothered to clean it.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Anyone else notice, in the photo of the Fountain (?) all 3 of them were wearing headsets and mics to maintain coms within the boat. Don't typically see this done by your average weekend idiot.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I believe that's an older 43' Scarab with big power. It sounds like RD has it covered already, but if you need help getting the guy's contact info let me know. I don't know who the owner is but I think I can find out.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Anyone else notice, in the photo of the Fountain (?) all 3 of them were wearing headsets and mics to maintain coms within the boat. Don't typically see this done by your average weekend idiot.

More dollars than sense. [emoji15]

Hammer

Reaction score
Thanks on the OK Mike, never thought my life was in danger, you need to be proactive where thousands of spectators are at risk from this guy. it's not a time to let things happen then react to it (especially when you know what he's going to do). although I am sure every know it all hater is going to try and hindsight this as to what they would have done :rolleyes. there is nothing different here then the last decade I have been doing safety boat other than physical contact of boats occurred. I have always played the "safety" position in our defensive line for a reason I am there as the last line of defense to catch anything that breaks through the other safety boats and time to react is greatly diminished in my position. Although I am not happy with the damage to my boat (actually very depressed about it), I am 100% happy with how the safety boat crews reacted and controlled the situation. We did what we were supposed to do and the way we were supposed to do it, we acted as a team with good radio communication and brought him to a stop.

on another note, I want to say how much I noticed the change in crowd over years past, this year was great everyone seems to have gotten the message to stay behind the safety boats for the poker run and the spectator fleet at the shoot out was WAY!! different then years past we had very few reasons to make contact with anyone as it seemed that just about everyone knew the drill. just about all the safety boat crews said the same thing (very different then years past just way more mellow)

One thing I did notice as a spectator, as my group was idled through the spectator fleet some volunteers would yell or make gestures but we couldn't understand what they wanted. It might be helpful to have large signs that they could hold up to communicate better. Like the signs the football coaches use or like a road type sign that is customized

gqchris

Reaction score
Bummer. But I'm still not sure as to why you would crash your boat into this guys? From the sounds of it you put your boat into the path of the other boat. Not sure how thats going to work out for you.

I think he takes his volunteering VERY serious. :eek

But in all honesty, I'm assuming this was just an accident. Maybe idling up over to the suspect and the wind and chop caused the collision? Boats knocked into each other at idle? No way in hell anyone in their right mind would use their boat for a PIT maneuver on the water. :thumbsup

Not taking away from the fact that these idiots pulled off a stupid stunt none the less.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I don't quite understand. Did you pull in front of him and he ran into you? Did he stop or take off?

shueman

Reaction score
So, this yahoo pulled this stunt THREE TIMES ???

How was he even allowed back on the water after the 1st...or, 2nd time...??
Was he even stopped by CG / LEO after running through the Course area ??

Karl, we have rolls of wood grain laying around; I'll talk to Bob this morning and show him the damage pix...

YOLO

Reaction score
Karl's 2016 safety boat!
image.jpg

guest hs

Reaction score
This is exactly why I stopped going to this event JACK OFFS like this guy!

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Hard to believe he can drive recklessly in a boat with no numbers and get away with it.

Hell I can't even float down a river in boat with the engine off without getting three misdemeanors. :rolleyes

I still can't believe that all these pussy tuna boats play in fresh water!!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Yep , me too , stopped doing it around 07 , 08 when I realized the event was only for the big boat people .
Now you are either a street party / spectator person or a big boat poker -runner person ...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes They Do..Read USCG Doc..Rules...VERY Spelled out

The information below comes from the Coast Guard web site - uscg.mil, National Vessel Documentation Center. Believe it is the most recent information

Sure looks like the CG regs say Official Numbers need only be displayed on the interior of the hull. IMO numbers, not to be confused with official numbers, must be clearly displayed on the exterior of the vessel. Typically, pleasure craft would not have an IMO number.

HOW DO I MARK MY VESSEL?
The official number assigned to documented vessels, preceded by the abbreviation "NO." must be marked in block-type Arabic numerals at least three inches high on some clearly visible interior structural part of the hull. The number must be permanently affixed so that alteration, removal, or replacement would be obvious and cause some scarring or damage to the surrounding hull area.

The name and hailing port of a recreational vessel must be marked together on some clearly visible exterior part of the hull. The vessel name of a commercial vessel must also be marked on the port and starboard bow and the vessel name and the hailing port must also be marked on the stern. All markings may be made by any means and materials that result in durable markings and must be at least four inches in height, made in clearly legible letters of the Latin alphabet or Arabic or Roman numerals. The "hailing port" must include both a place and a State, Territory, or possession of in the United States. The state may be abbreviated.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You showed them.

LOL.. right?

Yep , me too , stopped doing it around 07 , 08 when I realized the event was only for the big boat people .
Now you are either a street party / spectator person or a big boat poker -runner person ...

I dunno.. We all had a blast at the event? In our group size of boats didn't really matter. We had 21's up to the 37 Midnight we were on. I'm gonna roll my 12'er one of these years.

Desert Storm is what YOU MAKE OF IT. If you aren't happy then the problem lies within, not with the event.

attachment.php

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I still can't believe that all these pussy tuna boats play in fresh water!!

Hey Wicky.. I've actually been rolling in Fish Rigs the last couple years. :D You can call me a pussy, but they are damn hard to beat as a party platform. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.. Next year's is even going to be a bigger "TUNA BOAT!"

RD

Attachments

• 1496557_10153290404494704_4094321508492586800_o.jpg
    1496557_10153290404494704_4094321508492586800_o.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 11000422_10153291654059704_3900694176968629643_o.jpg
    11000422_10153291654059704_3900694176968629643_o.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 30

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Hey Wicky.. I've actually been rolling in Fish Rigs the last couple years. :D You can call me a pussy, but they are damn hard to beat as a party platform. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.. Next year's is even going to be a bigger "TUNA BOAT!"

RD

I knew somebody would get their panties in a wad!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I knew somebody would get their panties in a wad!!

Mine aren't in a wad.. LOL I had a blast!

You seem upset about my choice of boat to party on? Why you upset wicky? :D

RD

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Mine aren't in a wad.. LOL I had a blast!

You seem upset about my choice of boat to party on? Why you upset wicky? :D

RD

Upset? Hell no!!! Just jealous. Fuck OVOMIT and the 40 footer he floated in on!!!

l84theriv

Reaction score
Saw him today on the 40 near Daggett. uploadfromtaptalk1430262660161.jpg hopefully the pic came through.

l84theriv

Reaction score
Didnt want my truck to look like Karl's poor boat. lol. He did get the cali number "one" though. Probably wondered why and didnt give a shit but made me feel better.

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
I will not comment on it till all the legal stuff has run it's course, yes coast guard and sheriff are doing what ever it is they are going to do. (which appears that they are just going to point fingers at each other for who's jurisdiction it falls under). in the mean time I hoping some of the local DS sponsors can help me get this fixed being as I just can't afford to fix this now after taking a month off work to do the street party.

Fuck that. If you're THAT involved in the event, it better be paid by Lakeracer coffers. If it's not please let us know so we can act accordingly :finger

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fuck that. If you're THAT involved in the event, it better be paid by Lakeracer coffers. If it's not please let us know so we can act accordingly :finger

You've been on a roll lately.. You already got yourself blackballed from the high end gel shops in Havasu.. Working on DS / Monster bash next?

(Think before you type)

RD