WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shockwave 35' Magnatude/"Mad Props"

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
HI guys,

I've been a long time reader of this site just lurking around looking for information and recently reading the boat review articles which Dave has been doing a great job on. In my research and recon phase I have been searching everywhere for information on certain boats such as reviews, build threads, and articles with pertinent information such as price as tested which there seem to be very few of ever since PB Magazine went under. I read in Performance Boat magazine a while ago an article on the Shockwave 35' called "Mad Props" and have been trying to find more information on the boat but cannot seem to anywhere no can I find more information on any other 35' Magnatude floating around. I have also searched this website and can't find a thread so can someone point me in the right direction or assist me with any info they might have on that particular boat or another one like it?

Thanks,

Frog

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
No info on it, but I saw it Friday. It was a bitchin boat. Sounded great, looked great. The name is what stuck in my head, I think it's a great name

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I didn't even know that Shockwave made a 35..

I'm a big fan of their 25 - 28 Vee's. Nice riding boats.

What info in particular are you looking for? I have some stuff archived that isn't online, and maybe I can find something on it in there?

RD

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
When I saw it, it was next to a skater and 38 cig. Damn near the same size, it's a big 35. Looks like this, this might even be it

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Shockwave-35'-Magnatude/124357541#.VT5_5Nm9LCQ

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ibeplumbing, yep that's the boat! Hard to find info on it but has 700 Mercs and NXTs as well. What I like is that it's big enough for the whole family, it can obviously handle the big water of Mead or Mohave on a bad day, can be had in either a Closed Deck or a MCOB, and it can be spec'd out for less than $200,000 which is a plus as well. Can't seem to find out if there are any others out there, might just have to ask Bob.

http://shockwaveboats.com/35_magnatude_mid.php
http://shockwaveboats.com/pdfs/print/35magprint.pdf
http://shockwaveboats.com/pdfs/PERFORMANCE-BOATS-SEPTEMBER-2009.PDF

I also love the look compared to say a Hallett 335 as it has no windshield which I like, if I ordered one, might order the little adjustable clear windscreens to be mounted where the windshield would be.

Frog

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Sbarry. Wondering what the differences are between the 34' and 35' Magnatudes? Also, off topic I know but the wife is also liking the Advantage Party Cat which I'm also interested in, however, would be hard to spec a new one for under $200K plus it's an open bow so lots of wind in your face I would imagine. Anybody on this board have any info on one of those as well?

Frog

PS, I know I just badmouthed the 335's windshield but this one, for some reason, looks really nice to me!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-Hallett-335-641014

Sbarry

Reaction score
And I agree... That Hallett is particularly nice!!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Shockwave built 3 of the 34' V bottoms. Mine was #2, and #3 was built for shockwavebd while he was still working at Shockwave. When I first got my boat, it didn't have enough bow lift at speeds slower than about 50 mph the way it was initially setup. This was understandable since this was Shockwave's biggest boat and they didn't spend much time playing with the setup on the first 34. Shockwave added a notch to the transom of my boat, modified the lifting strakes, and installed IMCO extension boxes on the drives. These changes made a big improvement in the boat, and my boat now has the right amount of bow lift with neutral trim.

When Scott Shank was going to build his boat, they decided to incorporate the bottom modifications based on my boat into the mold before they built his boat. Also, since Scott was going to go with 700's for power, they decided to add some height to the deck at the transom so that the 700's would fit under a flat engine hatch without scoops. At the same time, they also decided to have the swim step built in, so the 34 became a 35' boat.

The 34 and 35 are almost the same all around with the exception of the built in swim step. The 35 has more details in the mold for the dash compared to the 34. Both have a full fiberglass innerliner.

I've never gone for a ride in Scott's 35, but I know that he was working closely with Shockwave on the setup so I expect that it's dialed in. I will say that Scott's 35 is very nice with some cool features.

Prior to the changes in my setup, I needed to run a lot of positive trim to get the boat to carry the bow, but now I can run the boat with neutral trim and the bow lift is where it should be. Also, the steps are fairly mild so there aren't any weird handling quirks that are present on some step bottom boats. My boat is very stable and easy to drive.

If you are considering a new build with Shockwave, talk to Bob and I'm sure he will work with you. If you'd like to chat with me about my boat, just send me a pm and I'd be happy to talk to you.

I listed my boat for sale here, but am still hesitant about selling it and haven't listed it anywhere else. I might just end up keeing it, especially now that my kids are getting to the point where it's easier to take them boating.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
It's a really nice boat. I don't know Scott personally but I met him on a lavey fun run to catalina. That shockwave performed flawless. Sounds awesome looks awesome and is a definite wave crusher from solid west coast builder.

Mays351

Reaction score
Had a chance to hitch a ride with Scott and Kim over the weekend from the springs to steamboat...ran 107 on the way back. Such an awesome boat and super cool people:thumbsup

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Had a chance to hitch a ride with Scott and Kim over the weekend from the springs to steamboat...ran 107 on the way back. Such an awesome boat and super cool people:thumbsup

That's awesome! And yes I agree, Scott and Kim are good people.

Redneckgirl

Reaction score
Scott & Kim are awesome people...it was great seeing them this weekend. It is a awesome boat. Got to love the Shockwave Boats. We love our little one. 😀