WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Party.....

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
First, I want to thank Dave and Stacy and everyone else involved in throwing an awesome party Saturday night.

What did everyone think about the new location? I personally think the parking garage was more fun because of the atmosphere and the lighting. The banquet kinda felt like we were at a Redneck Wedding :D

Either way, it was a great party. :thumbsup

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I will say all the girls in my group were happy it was inside rather than outside due to the weather.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think the location was cool, but the dance floor needed to be dark with some club lighting (like the parking garage was). Still was awsome, we had a great time! My wife danced her ass off so I would consider it a success :D

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We had a really fun time. I do agree that the parking garage is a better location, but I was SO happy to not freeze to death after being cold pretty much all day. A huge THANK YOU, again, to Dave, Stacy and all of the sponsors for hosting such a great party.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I think the location was cool, but the dance floor needed to be dark with some club lighting (like the parking garage was). Still was awsome, we had a great time! My wife danced her ass off so I would consider it a success :D

I have you guys on my gopro dancing. I have a lot of people on my gopro dancing. I'm going to put together a video of the whole weekend soon. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was taking a poll on Saturday night, and we are running a dead heat 50/50 on which location was better..

The Banquet room is drama free on the weather, but it was definitely higher class then the Parking Garage..

Generally if you want to Party party, the people liked the garage better. If you want to have cocktails and socialize then the banquet room was better. I can tell you the bathrooms and the Banquet room went over waaaayyyyyy better then the ole porta potty at the entrance deal.

It kind of depends on which direction we are going to take it in the future.

In the Parking Garage it wasn't uncommon to go through 7-8 kegs, and a shitload of cans that we bring. We would typically go through a case or two of Vodka for example. A case is 12 bottles.

This years After Party Stats..

We went through 5 CASES OF TITO'S vodka (That is 60 bottles). They actually ended up scavenging some grey goose and other top shelf brands after we went through the 5 cases. We went through 12 bottles of Jack Daniels, I can't remember if it was 4 - 5 bottles of Patron, and I didn't even ask about the Fireball because I didn't want to know.. LOL

On the beer front though we were down, we went through 1 keg of coorslight, 1 Keg of budlight, 1/2 keg of some fancy beer from Barley brothers, and 1 keg of keystone light. We had originally 2 kegs of CL, but somehow it got locked in the food freezers upstairs and the bar backs could'nt get to it, so they subbed the second keg for the Keystone (which is basically the same beer anyways)

RD

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Didn't go inside because Shintooo told me that it was like a Redneck Wedding in there.
So I just stayed outside. :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Didn't go inside because Shintooo told me that it was like a Redneck Wedding in there.
So I just stayed outside. :D

My friends thursday night told me a tale.....that you schooled them on pole dancing in the shuttle bus

Hammer

Reaction score
I like the fact that you could get away from the music and sit outside to have a conversation without screaming over the music. At the underground location it's hard to do that because the heat is playing music across the way.

Singleton

Reaction score
The girls in our group liked the new venue. Wife got cold last year so we left early. This year we left when the DJ stopped. Wife said bathroom was 1000% better then last year.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I like the atmosphere of the garage better (especially having some boats parked there), but liked that the music wasn't so loud that you can't talk to anyone.

Last year I yelled into Shintoooo's ear "This beer tastes great!" Due to the loud music, he thought I said his ass looks great. As you can imagine, it was quite awkward until we got that cleared up. :D

JBS

Reaction score
Dave call me a snob but the bar did not work for me. I got one Miller lite and then no more can beer. The Coors light tap was not working after ten.

Jack does not work for me or Vodka.

Just a suggestion but maybe have the option of a cash bar for those of us that are picky. Can or bottle beer. Top shelf Liquor :cool

Overall it was a good Party. I would do the same location again but the dance floor could of used a little me atmosphere. Honestly I think a lot of us were tired from the cold weather.

Maybe have a theme of some sort for next year. Something to take the party up a notch or two. Give it a little wow factor like the first year

Not just a party but a true event.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Dave call me a snob but the bar did not work for me. I got one Miller lite and then no more can beer. The Coors light tap was not working after ten.

Just a suggestion but maybe have the option of a cash bar for those of us that are picky. Can or bottle beer. Top shelf Liquor :cool

Overall it was a good Party. I would do the same location again but the dance floor could of used a little me atmosphere. Honestly I think a lot of us were tired from the cold weather.

Maybe have a theme of some sort for next year. Something to take the party up a notch or two. Give it a little wow factor like the first year

Snob[emoji12][emoji482]

Hammer

Reaction score

I'll bring a bottle of Crown just for you next year. :thumbup:

Reactions: JBS

78Southwind

Reaction score
I like the fact that you could get away from the music and sit outside to have a conversation without screaming over the music. At the underground location it's hard to do that because the heat is playing music across the way.

This was a huge benefit right here. The view was really cool too. I think the new location was a big hit.

I want to say thanks to RiverDave for not kicking me out of the OCM Open House and the RiverDavesPlace Desert Storm Party. After telling all of the homeless community on RiverDavesPlace that they could go to the OCM deal I thought for sure I was going to be banned. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pros: Weather protected. BATHROOMS!!
Cons: Prom atmosphere and nobody moved away from the bar.
I'd think a slightly better set up with lighting and table placements. Maybe even loose the table cloths so it doesn't feel quite so fufu.
LOL, and for sure don't leave up the wall of christmas lights by the bathroon entrance, don't need anyone walking through that again.[emoji1] [emoji1]

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
My wife liked the location of last years party more than this year. It didn't matter to me. It was nice that it was enclosed.

We both agree that the bathroom situation was MUCH better than last years.

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1430166369921.jpg I know where your 1/2 keg of fancy beer went!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I liked inside essier to talk without the music being so load. Got my wife there for the first time and she enjoyed herself. My son had a good time and finally got one of the bartenders phone number.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pros: Weather protected. BATHROOMS!!
Cons: Prom atmosphere and nobody moved away from the bar.
I'd think a slightly better set up with lighting and table placements. Maybe even loose the table cloths so it doesn't feel quite so fufu.
LOL, and for sure don't leave up the wall of christmas lights by the bathroon entrance, don't need anyone walking through that again.[emoji1] [emoji1]

Pretty sure that was a booze-induced, backwards "walk" through the lights. lol

headshothills

Reaction score
The Party is always a good time and a huge Thank You to Dave/Stacy and Sponsors for supporting and putting it on. In the mist of keeping real, while we all appreciate a party with free booze, I have to say the Parking Garage was hands down better. I dont remember it being cold with all those people in there, nor do I remember the dance floor ever being empty. The party was packed all night in the garage, I dont know if the DJ was a different DJ this year, but you could tell when the song choices werent appealing, cause the dance floor would scatter, good song came on, everyone would go back. In the garage it was non stop, just food for though...

While the bathroom might have been a great hit, I personally think 1/2 the people didnt deserve an indoor bathroom, the lack of class and respect that was shown from numerous people using it and trashing it and throwing their shit on the floor and hallway and laughing it off was just fucking rude, you dont do that shit in your own house, so why there..

What was up with the bikers that stood out like a sore thumb? They seemed a little out of place.. LOL

As far as the bar, I could definitely agree that the bar made an easy spot to congregate, thus not allowing an easy flow of people in and people out, not saying you didnt go through a shit ton of beer/liquer, but Im actually shocked you went through more.. I think it was better having 2 locations for drinks, mixed drinks in 1 and beer in another, made it easier to manage IMO...

Maybe it was me, but it seemed like the turnout in the garage was bigger, maybe thats because this one was more controlled?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
My only trip to the bar was just an experience with clue-less people...four people in front of me, three had drinks and just stood there (blocking access) while the bartender served up the fourth person...then they all left together.

<<< Didn't use the head or run into the X-mas lights so no comments on either of those.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The banquet kinda felt like we were at a Redneck Wedding :D

Either way, it was a great party. :thumbsup

I just have to know how many Redneck Weddings you've attended?????? I'd have never guessed you were familiar with short sleeved camoflage tuxedos :yikes:D:skull

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
IMO. I would change a few things from last years party and keep it at the old spot.
1. The bathroom situation or a few more ports potties. Maybe a few just for the women.
2. Maybe some kind of temporary chain link fence to keep the non members out. Instead of the nylon fence
3. Last years DJ. (If it was a different one this year)
4. Get rid of the tables. It made a lot of groups just stay together instead of socializing and meeting new RDP members. Don't get me wrong every one likes to or needs to sit once in a while.

Over all great party and thank you to the bartenders, the sponsors, Dave, Stacey, & the rest of the people who just lend a hand when needed.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and keep the feedback coming. I'm leaning towards the parking garage next year with some slight adjustments to security, bathrooms and DJ.
Our same DJ we have been using for years flaked on us that DAY! So we had to scramble and hire the Topac DJ. He was good but didn't really have a feel for the crowd like Rene always does. I'm not sure the relationship is salvageable as he put us in a very bad spot this year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Our same DJ we have been using for years flaked on us that DAY! So we had to scramble and hire the Topac DJ. He was good but didn't really have a feel for the crowd like Rene always does. I'm not sure the relationship is salvageable as he put us in a very bad spot this year.

Let me save the suspense.. Fuck that guy.

I don't give a shit if he's gods gift to music, I almost had a nervous break down on Saturday afternoon at Topock.

RD

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do we not have an RDP member named Mobldj?
Bathroom situation....did you see the nice trailers at PC? One of those would do it and I'm sure Javalina/Shugrues would kick in to save the one upstairs from invasions.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
The problem I had with the structure the past 2 years was the ONE liquor bartender and the line that it created and the ONE shitter CLOSE to the bar.

The things I liked about the banquet room was the bathrooms and the FOUR people behind the bar and the patio to get away or smoke. The men's room was a toilet and a urinal and the women's was 2 toilets I believe. 2 at a time sped things up good.

With all that said I think it should go back to the garage only if the bartenders are FOUR and the the shitter is not ONE.

Pirates this weekend had some REALLY nice trailers that were shitters. 3 on each trailer. They were like restrooms in an RV inside. If it was occupied there was a red light and a green light for go. Pretty bad ass. They were nicer than the restrooms in the restaurant 100 fold! And cleaner. Get idea one or two staged in that parking lot and ud be golden! As for a smoking section at the structure. .. the rule was go outside. I thought the area to the right of the entry ramp at the wall always could be sectioned off . I don't think cold weather would have been an issue in the structure.

Next year.... 4 bartenders, shitter trailers, better DJ (his system sucked couldn't understand anything he was saying) and.........

GOGO BOXES WITH DANCING GIRLS IN BIKINIS and a table to snort blow off the breasticles of this dancing girls. :p

530RL

Reaction score
Dave and Stacy,

I have never been to your DS party as the Copperstate 1000 is always the week before. However, Copperstate is a rolling party with 200 guests in fancy cars eating on the side of a lake or stream and bathrooms matter as at least 10 of the car entries are billionaires, as in "B" and billionaires wives don't like to use porta johns.

We use Waste Management as they have 7 hole trailers that are clean and nice. They are however expensive to rent. Link here http://www.wm.com/enterprise/construction/construction-solutions/portable-toilet-rentals.jsp

It seems like this party gets bigger every year. We use a lanyard with a laminated pass on it. You could sell these for a trivial amount on your website, with the sponsors on the pass/lanyard so that those coming have some ID. That gives you a better idea of how many are coming. You can have some available at the door depending upon wether or not you have space.

As this gets bigger, sooner or later, you might run into dram shop liability. We handle this by punching the pass with each drink such that people are limited to a reasonable amount. We limit them to ten as no one is allowed to drive once they start drinking at the end of the day. Interestingly, the Thunderbirds limit is ten drinks in the birds nest at the Phoenix Open.

For security, we use Arizona DPS through a contracting company so that we have no liability or workman's comp issues. I can hook you up with the folks at DPS and the contracting company if you want some good security, as simply their presence makes things go smoother. We always get some pretty cool guys who get the program and can mingle. Mingling helps

If you want some free help, Copperstate will probably be a week earlier in 2016 so I would be happy to help. I have worked on Copperstate for 15 years so I have screwed up just about everything possible.

Dan

530RL

Reaction score
While the bathroom might have been a great hit, I personally think 1/2 the people didnt deserve an indoor bathroom, the lack of class and respect that was shown from numerous people using it and trashing it and throwing their shit on the floor and hallway and laughing it off was just fucking rude, you dont do that shit in your own house, so why there..

Unfortunately, their houses may be just the same. :yikes

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was not a fan of the newer location. Although it had some nicer amenities. I really dug the garage deal better and really hope we go back to our roots and make it more underground. [emoji106]

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Dave/Stacy/Sponsors - thank you for another terrific party. We don't care where you do it and find it very hard to say anything other than thank you! Free booze, fun people and a great atmosphere....count us in for next year.:thumbup:

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Dave/Stacy/Sponsors - thank you for another terrific party. We don't care where you do it and find it very hard to say anything other than thank you! Free booze, fun people and a great atmosphere....count us in for next year.:thumbup:

You forgot to tell everyone about the ride home!:lmao

PVHCA

Reaction score
Let me save the suspense.. Fuck that guy.

I don't give a shit if he's gods gift to music, I almost had a nervous break down on Saturday afternoon at Topock.

RD

I hear you had a double break down at P.C. Friday afternoon, once getting out of the boat and once attempting to get back in, LOL

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You forgot to tell everyone about the ride home!:lmao

Ok spill the beans... What went down?:blah:
I was on that ride home[emoji6] . Cant divulge any secrets other than it was obvious all on the bus had a great night at the rdp afterparty. [emoji106] [emoji106] MiniKat gave stripper pole lessons at the red light. Next thing you know my wife and DB were spinnin'.[emoji106] [emoji106]

240Hallett

Reaction score
I was on that ride home[emoji6] . Cant divulge any secrets other than it was obvious all on the bus had a great night at the rdp afterparty. [emoji106] [emoji106] MiniKat gave stripper pole lessons at the red light. Next thing you know my wife and DB were spinnin'.[emoji106] [emoji106]

Yep!:thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I hear you had a double break down at P.C. Friday afternoon, once getting out of the boat and once attempting to get back in, LOL

No just one.. Getting in the boat I went up across and back down the other side.. LOL

RD