WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Florida Trip

TCHB

Reaction score
We just got back from a two week trip along the Southern coast of Florida and did not see one west coast boat. I thought I may see a few on the inland water ways but note one. We saw a couple Skaters but no DCBs or anything else.

I thought Havasu had a lot of boats but nothing like Florida and the inland waterways. It looks like a boaters heaven all year long.

Yesterday we saw a huge channel type party going on in Boca Raton that would fill two Thompson Bays plus some. The difference was there was mega yachts everywhere!

TCHB

Reaction score
These boats were everywhere!

Attachments

• Florida boats 1.jpg
    Florida boats 1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 10

Hammer

Reaction score
Florida is a whole different world of boating, I love it there, wish I could split time between there and the West Coast like AJ (Lucky Strike) does.

TCHB

Reaction score
We saw a boat that had the Lucky Strike name on the side in the Key West area. It was sitting in a boat yard.

TCHB

Reaction score
Florida is a whole different world of boating, I love it there, wish I could split time between there and the West Coast like AJ (Lucky Strike) does.

I never realized the inland water ways were that nice with so many nice homes and places to stop. That would be great to have the boat sitting in the front yard on the dock next to the pool.

TCHB

Reaction score
Everywhere we went they were building huge homes or high rise expensive condo complexes. It looks like the place is really moving.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Everywhere we went they were building huge homes or high rise expensive condo complexes. It looks like the place is really moving.

Been that way for years with intermittent periods of downtime when the economy dips. The state's economy is mainly based on tourism on the coasts and agriculture down the middle.

I lived there back in mid 70's for several years. Now it's too damned crowded. Those waterways are really cool, but the speed limits because of the Manatees in many areas makes it hard to get anywhere. FL has lots of regulations......

TCHB

Reaction score
South Beach really starts to get crazy after dark.

Attachments

• South Beach.jpg
    South Beach.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13

TCHB

Reaction score
Beach was nice with clear warm water.

Attachments

• Miami beach.jpg
    Miami beach.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 14

TCHB

Reaction score
There is miles and miles of these homes with boat docks on the inland water ways and have a ocean view.

Attachments

• Home florida.jpg
    Home florida.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 13

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
We just got back from a two week trip along the Southern coast of Florida and did not see one west coast boat. I thought I may see a few on the inland water ways but note one. We saw a couple Skaters but no DCBs or anything else.

I thought Havasu had a lot of boats but nothing like Florida and the inland waterways. It looks like a boaters heaven all year long.

Yesterday we saw a huge channel type party going on in Boca Raton that would fill two Thompson Bays plus some. The difference was there was mega yachts everywhere!

Boca Bash missed this year because of Desert Storm...You can see pics on www.bocalakecam.com

Last year we set up the night before just to get a spot:thumbup:

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Been that way for years with intermittent periods of downtime when the economy dips. The state's economy is mainly based on tourism on the coasts and agriculture down the middle.

I lived there back in mid 70's for several years. Now it's too damned crowded. Those waterways are really cool, but the speed limits because of the Manatees in many areas makes it hard to get anywhere. FL has lots of regulations......

Speed regulations are only during winter for the Manatees Summer is open No wake at bridges which is Mandatory

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Yes I'm going to be the weirdo with the only west coast boat in South Florida! There is nothing but center consoles here. Even the stereotypical Cigarettes and Donzis are very few and far between. I flew over an MTI one day on the way down to Key Largo, but thats because it was around the Miami Boat Show Time.

But you're right, theres a ton of cool places to go, crystal clear water, lots of boat-up restaurants and sandbars. Just saltwater all the time so the maintenance and cleaning is going to be a bitch...

Kenny D

Reaction score
We just finish building a house in Southwest Florida,we are still learning the area.The boating in florida seems endless,we are looking forward to exploring Southern Florida.

TCHB

Reaction score
We just finish building a house in Southwest Florida,we are still learning the area.The boating in florida seems endless,we are looking to exploring Southern Florida.

I was surprised at how nice it was along the coast. It looked like a lot of building going on from Palm Beach all the way into the Keys.

My wife wants a house on the inland water ways around Boca!!! Ouch

Old Texan

Reaction score
We just finish building a house in Southwest Florida,we are still learning the area.The boating in florida seems endless,we are looking to exploring Southern Florida.

What town/area? I lived in Bonita Springs in the '70's when it was still a quaint fishing village of sorts. Now it's solid condos and homes all along the Gulf shoreline. In '75 there wasn't anything from what we called New Pass just north ofthe beach road to Ft Myers Beach

Kenny D

Reaction score
What town/area? I lived in Bonita Springs in the '70's when it was still a quaint fishing village of sorts. Now it's solid condos and homes all along the Gulf shoreline. In '75 there wasn't anything from what we called New Pass just north ofthe beach road to Ft Myers Beach

We in an area called Isles of Capri,right next to Marco Island.We are about 88 miles north of Key west.We built on the water and are in the process of getting permits for our dock.Collier County does not make it easy.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Yes I'm going to be the weirdo with the only west coast boat in South Florida! There is nothing but center consoles here. Even the stereotypical Cigarettes and Donzis are very few and far between. I flew over an MTI one day on the way down to Key Largo, but thats because it was around the Miami Boat Show Time.

But you're right, theres a ton of cool places to go, crystal clear water, lots of boat-up restaurants and sandbars. Just saltwater all the time so the maintenance and cleaning is going to be a bitch...

I just sold my place just down from Lake boca South right on the Intercoastal Between Boca inlet and Hillsbough inlet Kiddycorner from Jimmy Morans Mansion

Heading back down in May to buy a house:thumbup::thumbup: My Accountant DaytonaBabes Old Man Says:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Old Texan

Reaction score
We in an area called Isles of Capri,right next to Marco Island.We are about 88 miles north of Key west.We built on the water and are in the process of getting permits for our dock.Collier County does not make it easy.

Great and beautiful area as I remember it. Naples is close and you've got the serenity of the Glades on south. Great fishing in the 10K islands:thumbup:

One of the FL areas left that isn't completely inundated by condos and snowbirds.

Kenny D

Reaction score
Great and beautiful area as I remember it. Naples is close and you've got the serenity of the Glades on south. Great fishing in the 10K islands:thumbup:

One of the FL areas left that isn't completely inundated by condos and snowbirds.

The big island in the picture is Marco Island,our area is lower left in the picture.This is facing south towards the Keys this is where 10,000 island begin and go all the way to the Keys.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12