WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Weekend homeowners in Havasu

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I got a few questions.
What do you guys do with your trash/cans? Because I won't be there to bring in the cans on Monday.
I need a Gardner and house cleaning referral? Also how often do you get a gardener for a rock front and back yard deal?
Thx Dave

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I bag up my trash and take it with me. Usually find a dumpster on my way out of town and toss it. Only yard upkeep we really do is have it sprayed for weeds a couple times a year. We usually trim the trees etc ourselves when needed.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I find a dumpster to throw the trash in. Tiska the Tree Lady takes care of my trees and plants.

shueman

Reaction score
We used save our recycleables and give them to the kids working the Rest Stops on the I-40...

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I'm lucky, I have trash days on Mondays on the Southside. I just put everything in black trash bags on the street Sunday on the way out and it gets thrown away. No need for trash cans. Same goes for boxes or any other trash you may have. Trash men are not dicks like over here.

Gardner? LOL. Are you putting in a lawn or something? Get slow growing vegetation and you're all good. I just spend 15-20 mins once a month or every other month and I am good. I do splurge on Havasu Pest Control to kill weeds every 6 months. Haven't had weeds since hiring them.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm lucky, I have trash days on Mondays on the Southside. I just put everything in black trash bags on the street Sunday on the way out and it gets thrown away. No need for trash cans. Same goes for boxes or any other trash you may have. Trash men are not dicks like over here.

Gardner? LOL. Are you putting in a lawn or something? Get slow growing vegetation and you're all good. I just spend 15-20 mins once a month or every other month and I am good. I do splurge on Havasu Pest Control to kill weeds every 6 months. Haven't had weeds since hiring them.

We did that for a while with our trash too since our trash day is Monday. Then our neighbor started complaining to us about him cleaning it all up after the animals got to them so we stopped leaving it out.

Joker

Reaction score
Dave,
If you have good neighbors, they will bring your cans back in for you. If not, haul your garbage back.

240Hallett

Reaction score
We leave ours out till Tuesday in a large lawn bag or two. Never had an issue or complaint from the locals. Quarterly yard service for a dozen palms and a property line length of oleanders. Susie's Yard Care

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Our trash day is Friday which Sucks. We had a trash can blow into our yard a few weeks ago so I left it out on a Sunday before leaving assuming it would be gone by the time we returned. To my surprise it was still there empty a week later. I have left trash bags on the curb all week when we have a lot of trash. Usually if it's just a bag or two, we throw in back of truck and find a dumpster on the way out of town.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I got a few questions.
What do you guys do with your trash/cans? Because I won't be there to bring in the cans on Monday.
I need a Gardner and house cleaning referral? Also how often do you get a gardener for a rock front and back yard deal?
Thx Dave

In my neighborhood, they wont take garbage from the cans only in trash bags.

I leave the recycle in the bins and the great cool neighbor I have puts them behind the fence for me. I don't understand why at least in my hood, they won't take anything in the recycle bins besides cans and bottles.

Once a week service on my yard, I hate fucking with it.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I do the big black bag out front, never had a problem. If I only have a small amount my neighbor just lets me put it in their can. yard work what is that? I have no plants until I retire there in a few years.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I took the trash with us this weekend. I guess I will try the trash bags and then ask the neighbors if it's a problem.
I like the idea of not having a gardener. [emoji106]🏻
Thanks everyone for the info.

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
I left a bag of trash out when I left mid week, our trash day is Monday. The city came by, snapped a pic and sent it to me here at home, with a note that said you can't put trash out more than 24 hours before trash day.

gqchris

Reaction score
I find a dumpster to throw the trash in. Tiska the Tree Lady takes care of my trees and plants.

I did this one time and literally got chased by a "Dumpster Security Guard". This lady decided to pursue me out of town for using the dumpster. This was a white kitchen bag, maybe half full. Guess she had enough of the out of towners using her paid for receptacle. Just started taking it home with me after that. lol. not worth getting shot over!:grumble:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I did this one time and literally got chased by a "Dumpster Security Guard". This lady decided to pursue me out of town for using the dumpster. This was a white kitchen bag, maybe half full. Guess she had enough of the out of towners using her paid for receptacle. Just started taking it home with me after that. lol. not worth getting shot over!:grumble:

I drive down through Parker on my way home. Right as you pass Havasu Springs and come down the hill there's a few dumpsters on the right side of the road. I usually use those.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Our pool guy comes in Thursday's so he puts the bag on the side of the house out for Friday trash day.

Michelle / the clean team for house cleaning. She has the garage access code and let's herself in for the cleaning before we get back. Tishka on the palms twice a year.

Dettom

Reaction score

This^

westair

Reaction score
I take it and drop it off at site 6, they have a few dumpsters there for public use.

TRAVISD

Reaction score
We leave on Sunday, leave the bags on the curb and trash picks up on Monday. Its like magic when i come back the next week its all gone.

Scott E

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as everyone else, leave the trash out in bags on Sunday. Never had any complaints from the neighbors. Havasu Pest every 6 months for weed and pest control. We don't use a cleaning service.