WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wtb Play Ski

Wonsley66

Reaction score
Looking for a 65-70 inch play ski for a novice girl to ride, with or without bindings. Preferably a vert air if there are any left out there:thumbsup

twinrigskier

Reaction score
Are you interested in that Todd Ski I have advertised? Same as a DC Trainer with HO bindings.

Wonsley66

Reaction score
I have a trainer, that's a little too much ski for her. Looking for something in the 67-70 inch range

boat527

Reaction score
First- riverbound- How much for the square tail vogue?

Second. poster mentioned Vert air in the first post ( 63 to 65 or so) then someone offers a trainer ( 67 to 70) and thats too big..

Just so we can all help you out... Which is it, a short jumper or an HO burner style play ski?????????????????/

Wonsley66

Reaction score
First- riverbound- How much for the square tail vogue?

Second. poster mentioned Vert air in the first post ( 63 to 65 or so) then someone offers a trainer ( 67 to 70) and thats too big..

Just so we can all help you out... Which is it, a short jumper or an HO burner style play ski?????????????????/

Vert airs are 65" which does meet my criteria and gives an idea of the style of ski I'm looking for. The trainer ski mentioned is said to be like a dc trainer which are 185cm or nearly 73 inches long.

Halvecto

Reaction score
What length is the vogue RB?

That Vogue square-tail is a great ski, especially if you are thinking for your girls (I assume they are fairly young). That Tri-tunnel? bottom is very stable. If it had the old school shag carpet in the rear heal area, it would command even more :) . My 3 girls have been skiing on a similar Vogue since they were about 8 or 9 and now at 14/16/21 they won't ski on anything else. It's a great ski for single ski starts, smooth bunny/wake jumps and it makes a great cruiser ski for small, light kids. I just picked up another nice yellow-top version over the off-season. It has been a long time since Vague made skis. The bindings tend to be set back, so it is a very comfortable ski to ride. If you can find a "Brad" they are great all around skis for ladies as well. My wife skis a Brad and loves it. I think Johnson Customs by Bill Johnson up in Arrowhead had the old Brad mold/pattern when he was making them a few years ago.

My .02 (I have both)...

-the Vertical Air is squirly, will probably have double bindings and doesn't plane as quickly. They are more work to ski for distance. A very fun play ski, but not for the casual ride.
-the Maha 360 is a bit heavy (mine is a 70", so a little different) for a small girl and can be tough to maneuver when they are in the water. Also, they like more weight for turning. That said, a small girl could probably ski all day on it once up and going.

RodnJen

Reaction score
That Vogue square-tail is a great ski, especially if you are thinking for your girls (I assume they are fairly young). That Tri-tunnel? bottom is very stable. If it had the old school shag carpet in the rear heal area, it would command even more :) . My 3 girls have been skiing on a similar Vogue since they were about 8 or 9 and now at 14/16/21 they won't ski on anything else. It's a great ski for single ski starts, smooth bunny/wake jumps and it makes a great cruiser ski for small, light kids. I just picked up another nice yellow-top version over the off-season. It has been a long time since Vague made skis. The bindings tend to be set back, so it is a very comfortable ski to ride. If you can find a "Brad" they are great all around skis for ladies as well. My wife skis a Brad and loves it. I think Johnson Customs by Bill Johnson up in Arrowhead had the old Brad mold/pattern when he was making them a few years ago.

My .02 (I have both)...

-the Vertical Air is squirly, will probably have double bindings and doesn't plane as quickly. They are more work to ski for distance. A very fun play ski, but not for the casual ride.
-the Maha 360 is a bit heavy (mine is a 70", so a little different) for a small girl and can be tough to maneuver when they are in the water. Also, they like more weight for turning. That said, a small girl could p
robably ski all day on it once up and going.

That's good to know. I picked up a smaller tri-tunnel Vogue over the winter for my kids I'm hoping to get them going on it this summer. Once they get good on that I'll let them on my wood 66" 360.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Looking for a 65-70 inch play ski for a novice girl to ride, with or without bindings. Preferably a vert air if there are any left out there:thumbsup

Try the glass 360 out if Riverbound doesn't want both your arms and a leg for it.

Also, occasionally you can find shorter 360s, like 65" or 66"

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Try the glass 360 out if Riverbound doesn't want both your arms and a leg for it.

Also, occasionally you can find shorter 360s, like 65" or 66"

I'm actually selling all my skis but one. So if someone's looking to buy. Now is the time.
1-360 glass $250
1-360 exotic wood (brand new with bag) $1k
1-DC trainer $500
1-vogue square tail $200
1-maha GS longboard with bag. (Only used twice.) $700