WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whos doing the Parker Tube Float June 6th

boatnam2

Reaction score
Yes it is my parents spot but I was just informed they moved to river front space 25. So stop by for a beer it's a Everest fifth wheel

Wow riverfront, only thought big dogs like TPC have that kinda pull lol, 25 is pretty much directly in front of me i will stop by.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
If you register your boat online how do you get your bracelets?

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Here's the weather report for the float off. Hopefully it doesn't rain

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433110944427.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433110944427.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 33

lebel409

Reaction score
Hey All,

We are short crewed this year...anyone willing to give me a ride from Bluewater to the start?

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Yes, private shuttles will be at Blue Water to take people back up to the start.

$5 bucks per person. May or may not have room for tubes, unless they've been Brady'ed.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Had planned on it but wasn't able to secure a place to stay. Have fun! :)

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Ill be in town this weekend, but I think I am going to stick to the lake and hang around Springs. Too much chaos on the strip during the float.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I'm coming straight from Laughlin on Friday morning/afternoonish. I'll have both of these on the water. See you guys out there :thumbsup

Attachments

• boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 28

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm thinking about rolling out. Need to tinker with the boat and purchase a cover.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Passed this float while leaving Parker a few hours ago. Driver was trying to figure out what ramp to launch from.

Attachments

• Parker pics May 30 2015 063.jpg
    Parker pics May 30 2015 063.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 32

mobldj

Reaction score
as for wrist band pick up.im picking ours up Friday morning at the chamber of commerce in parker.10 of us and the toon.

Wendi

Reaction score
We will be there on land at Riverland my son and a bunch of his friends are doing the float.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A lot of comments regarding life jackets for the tube.

They have ALWAYS been mandatory, but there's no penalty enforced by anyone. The police can't write tickets (not state law) and it would be impossible to eject everyone that doesn't comply. Just like it's impossible to remove those that don't register.

Last year the Coast Guard was out for the event very concerned about the lack of life jackets. (required for EVERYONE, as a condition of the permit). They will be back this year and if life jacket wear doesn't increase, future event permits could be in jeopardy.

The sponsor has been very fortunate that there hasn't been a drowning during any of the previous floats. In the unfortunate and tragic event of a drowning during the tube float, I'm sure that the current and historical lack of life jacket enforcement by the sponsor will raise a red flag or two for the family of the deceased and their legal representation.

Not looking to start a debate, but just finding it interesting how 2 people look at the same thing so differently.

You mention that the sponsor (chamber of commerce) has been extremely fortunate to not have a problem (drowning etc.). I look at it and think "Man they have been doing this thing for 30+ years.. Doesn't that prove beyond the shadow of a doubt it's safe without the life jackets? At this point if someone does drown wouldn't that kinda have to mean the person that drowned was destined to be a darwin award winner anyways?"

RD

530RL

Reaction score
Not looking to start a debate, but just finding it interesting how 2 people look at the same thing so differently.

You mention that the sponsor (chamber of commerce) has been extremely fortunate to not have a problem (drowning etc.). I look at it and think "Man they have been doing this thing for 30+ years.. Doesn't that prove beyond the shadow of a doubt it's safe without the life jackets? At this point if someone does drown wouldn't that kinda have to mean the person that drowned was destined to be a darwin award winner anyways?"

RD

The beauty of a Darwin Award Winner, is that they don't know that they are/were Darwin Award Eligible, a perfect catch 22. So,when they win, it must be due to the actions of someone else, aka, the defendant.

The solution is to mandate life jackets, patrol it as best as one can, and then if someone enters who is Darwin Eligible, the organizers have the additional defense of the mandate of life jackets and the effort to police it as best as possible.

It is a crazy world we live in.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
We are in, since i don't have a boat right now just going to bring something to float on , not sure what to expect but what the hell
have a rv spot at pirates den

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score

RD

We are the producer of this event not the sponsor. This is a fundraiser for the Parker Area Chamber of Commerce. We provide business education, referrals and operate the year-round visitor center. (And so much more...)

Same rules as day one. :yikes Didn't make anything new up except I got permission from the Coast Guard last year to allow one vessel per floating group to participate as a way to relieve law enforcement and volunteer assist vessels. And, starting last year we closed the both sides of the river from La Paz County to BlueWater for unnecessary traffic due to a recommendation from the permitting and governing agency, USCG. No other vessels will be allowed in the event area. So, you cannot just float in your boat in the event area. It's a Tube Float not a boat float. We are also making the recommendation that no more than 20 tubes be tied together.

We have wonderful first responder teams and law enforcement agencies that keep people safe out there.

If you don't want to have life jackets on hand or on your person, please float on a different day.

If you would like to be an official Assist Vessel, please contact me at 928 669-2174. We would be very appreciative of anyone that would like to lend a hand.

Thanks Everyone!:D

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
We are the producer of this event not the sponsor. This is a fundraiser for the Parker Area Chamber of Commerce. We provide business education, referrals and operate the year-round visitor center. (And so much more...)

Same rules as day one. :yikes Didn't make anything new up except I got permission from the Coast Guard last year to allow one vessel per floating group to participate as a way to relieve law enforcement and volunteer assist vessels. And, starting last year we closed the both sides of the river from La Paz County to BlueWater for unnecessary traffic due to a recommendation from the permitting and governing agency, USCG. No other vessels will be allowed in the event area. So, you cannot just float in your boat in the event area. It's a Tube Float not a boat float. We are also making the recommendation that no more than 20 tubes be tied together.

We have wonderful first responder teams and law enforcement agencies that keep people safe out there.

If you don't want to have life jackets on hand or on your person, please float on a different day.

If you would like to be an official Assist Vessel, please contact me at 928 669-2174. We would be very appreciative of anyone that would like to lend a hand.

Hopefully the one boat per floating group will keep all the tube floaters from floating to Property Owners docks and doing damage.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score

Is there any specific place on the registration form I have to put if I will be using my boat?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hopefully the one boat per floating group will keep all the tube floaters from floating to Property Owners docks and doing damage.

Typically there is just to many tubes to boat ratio which is to be expected as it is a tube float. I have always brought my boat for this reason and a few years ago when the wind picked up I towed at least a thousand tubers off the shores and out into the current. I would say they could use more volunteer Seadoos to help tow them off the beach as you can get closer in the shallows and manuver through the tubers easier.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Typically there is just to many tubes to boat ratio which is to be expected as it is a tube float. I have always brought my boat for this reason and a few years ago when the wind picked up I towed at least a thousand tubers off the shores and out into the current. I would say they could use more volunteer Seadoos to help tow them off the beach as you can get closer in the shallows and manuver through the tubers easier.

If I want to register my boat, do I do that online then pick up something for the boat at the Chamber of Commerce on Friday afternoon when I arrive? Same to register floaters in my group?

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score

That is the plan and the intention. If they do come on to your Private Property call dispatch 928 669-2281

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
If I want to register my boat, do I do that online then pick up something for the boat at the Chamber of Commerce on Friday afternoon when I arrive? Same to register floaters in my group?

You can pre-register online at http://parkerfun.com Just register the people and make a note in the comment section about the type of vessel you plan to use.

If you would like to be an assist vessel, I have marine event banners in my office and there is an in-service with LT Schlecht on Saturday morning at 7 am at Buckskin (Command Center). I provide water, ice and a $25 gift cert for gas.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Also what are the hours to pick up wristbands on friday?

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
You can pre-register online at http://parkerfun.com Just register the people and make a note in the comment section about the type of vessel you plan to use.

If you would like to be an assist vessel, I have marine event banners in my office and there is an in-service with LT Schlecht on Saturday morning at 7 am at Buckskin (Command Center). I provide water, ice and a $25 gift cert for gas.

thank you :)

JeffMan

Reaction score
I've got a whole gang going and will likely be at RoadRunner both Friday and Saturday nights! Always a great time with Mays351 and crew. Will have the GoPro out all weekend and a great follow up thread coming soon :D
Perhaps another picture contest RD? :D

rivergames

Reaction score
I've got a whole gang going and will likely be at RoadRunner both Friday and Saturday nights! Always a great time with Mays351 and crew. Will have the GoPro out all weekend and a great follow up thread coming soon :D
Perhaps another picture contest RD? :D

If we are doing a picture contest for the tube float, RD needs to re-open "The Bar":cool

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
A lot of comments regarding life jackets for the tube.

They have ALWAYS been mandatory, but there's no penalty enforced by anyone. The police can't write tickets (not state law) and it would be impossible to eject everyone that doesn't comply. Just like it's impossible to remove those that don't register.

Last year the Coast Guard was out for the event very concerned about the lack of life jackets. (required for EVERYONE, as a condition of the permit). They will be back this year and if life jacket wear doesn't increase, future event permits could be in jeopardy.

The sponsor has been very fortunate that there hasn't been a drowning during any of the previous floats. In the unfortunate and tragic event of a drowning during the tube float, I'm sure that the current and historical lack of life jacket enforcement by the sponsor will raise a red flag or two for the family of the deceased and their legal representation.

Right Alan, life jackets have always been in the rules. We depend on LEO to enforce. Coast Guard can empower local LEO to do so. My administration (the past 3 years) has not been lax in enforcement or educating the public and participants. We saw more life jackets last year than in previous years. This year we are offering a $100 prize for the best decorated life jacket, just to further educate and promote the wearing of life jackets.

Thanks again Alan for all your help all these years!

nelson.jpg

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
If we are doing a picture contest for the tube float, RD needs to re-open "The Bar":cool

Pictures with the #parkertubefloat hashtag on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter can be entered into our photo contest. $100 for best photo. Make sure they are your own photos.....:)

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I'll be at the road runner Friday night

Loook for my boat tied up at the dock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433361573081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433361573081.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 20

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Looks great I was worried about rain, but weather looks great for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
Need to register for the 2015 Parker Tube Float and missed the on-line registration? Don?t worry happy floaters!

Here are the locations to purchase wristbands for the next two days:

Parker Area Chamber of Commerce, 1217 S California Avenue, Parker, AZ 8 am ? 5 pm today and tomorrow. (Accepting credit cards, cash.)
Spanky?s RV & Marine, 1012 S. Joshua Ave., Parker, AZ Until 5 pm today and until 7 PM tomorrow. (Cash only.)
The Bar, 10172 Riverside Drive, Parker, AZ Until 2 am Today and Tomorrow. (Cash only.)

We?ll See Ya Saturday!

Click here for Tube Float Rules

Further questions? Call Tube Float Headquarters at 928 669-2174

H2O

Reaction score
according to my calculations.....

LIFE JACKET REQUIRED + ALCOHOL = NO BIKINI TOPS NEEDED = />SIDE BOOB!