WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hidden Shores Memorial Weekend

elcajones

Reaction score
***Cancel, I got it handled. Thanks***

Hey guys,
I have a question/request...I have some friends with a place in Hidden shores and I'm boating with them this weekend. I'm staying at the proving grounds and launching from there as their guest. A buddy of mine is coming along with his own boat and planned on purchasing "day use" passes.
I was just told by Hidden Shores that they will likely suspend the day use passes for the weekend due to crowds. It's going to suck if my buddy has to drive all the way to Martinez to launch every morning and not be with our group.
Is anyone staying at HS who might consider putting my friend (him, his wife, and small daughter) on the list as their guest so they can launch and retrieve with us? We'll stop by, drop off a thank you gift, and chat thus fulfilling the guest requirement. This would be a huge favor!
If able, please pm me so we can exchange info. Thank you RD!

Randy, AKA Elcajones

FARMER JOHN

Can't Remember
Reaction score
Just go to the Calif side and launch at Squaw Lake, they have a real nice ramp there...

elcajones

Reaction score
Just go to the Calif side and launch at Squaw Lake, they have a real nice ramp there...

That will likely be our backup plan. Kinda hoping to all be able to launch together and help each other out.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I am not at Hidden Shores any more, but I can confirm for the past 10 years or so, they have NO day use allowed on holiday weekends.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I am not at Hidden Shores any more, but I can confirm for the past 10 years or so, they have NO day use allowed on holiday weekends.

It'll be a clusterfuck trying to find parking this weekend for your trailers too. You may find that Squaw is a better choice :(

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of boats in the parking lot at the hotel at YPG lately. I don't know what it takes to get onto main post as a guest to stay there, but seems like a much better option than driving all the way back to town for a hotel. That and a $10 breakfast pizza at the bowling alley next door is a win win.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of boats in the parking lot at the hotel at YPG lately. I don't know what it takes to get onto main post as a guest to stay there, but seems like a much better option than driving all the way back to town for a hotel. That and a $10 breakfast pizza at the bowling alley next door is a win win.

There's a hotel at YPG? Never knew that......

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
There's a hotel at YPG? Never knew that......

Yes sir. It's a nice one. Don't recall the name, but it's a chain hotel. Like 4 stories with a pool.

Candlewood Suites. I just looked it up.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Yes sir. It's a nice one. Don't recall the name, but it's a chain hotel. Like 4 stories with a pool.

Candlewood Suits. I just looked it up.

I had no idea either, that's pretty cool. But HS is closed :p