WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

28' Magic Scepter with a Ilmor V10 570 and Imco lower.. What prop?

Cuse Alum

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 28' Magic Scepter with a ilmore Viper V10 and the Imco lower drive. I currently have a 24 pitch B1 prop on it. It seems like a low pitch for this combo. I would like to go to a 26 or 28 pitch and get a few more MPH. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

On a side note I have 2 24 pitch props.. I want to trade one of the 24's in for credit towards a 26 or 28. Anybody recommend a prop shop that will do this?

Tim

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Ilmore package, but our 2007 28 deck boat originally had a 28" Bravo 1 prop driven by a 600HP Pfaff BBC. We had too much slip in the prop so we dropped down to a 26" five blade (P5X) which worked great.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Is that an orange boat? I almost bought it new. The il more, believe it or not. Has. An issue at low end. Spinning a larger prop may effect you getting out of the hole. You may want to consider a merc Maximus prop. You need someone to let you try a few before you buy.

Cuse Alum

Reaction score
Is that an orange boat? I almost bought it new. The il more, believe it or not. Has. An issue at low end. Spinning a larger prop may effect you getting out of the hole. You may want to consider a merc Maximus prop. You need someone to let you try a few before you buy.

Thanks for the info! I am going to try a few out next time I am in Havasu. YES its the orange 09 Scepter. I have pictures of it in my profile.

Tim