WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Awesome recommendation for Polish/Wax guy - Bobby B

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
So a few weeks back I started a thread for a recommendation for "the guy" to polish or wax or both boats that are owned by some of my customers or friends. There were a few names thrown out there which I passed on to those people. While getting my boat ready for memorial weekend I realized that I was running out of time due to work to do my boat myself. I really don't trust anyone screwing with my boat and have always done it myself or with my dad. I called two guys and left them messages and got a prompt response from Bobby Berkenheger (recommend by our own CambelCarl here on the boards). I told him my situation and that I could do the interior of the boat if he could just take care of the outside. He shot out a quote that was super reasonable and not Krazy:D We picked a day and he stayed in great communication until then. Billy B showed up where I currently have the boat on time (8am) and started in. Now the boat had some oxidation on the transom and gunnel areas. Also a little yellowing on the top as well. My main fear was that I didn't want the boat to be worse off than I started. Bobby explained exactly what he was going to do and that he would be careful. He started with a compound and I had to leave him to go to work.

I get a call from my Dad around 2:00 letting me know that he had been peeking out and watching Bobby and was very pleased that he was taking his time and definitely not "half assing" his way through it. Bobby finished up with a wax and was on his way. He texted me that he was done and I left work to go look at the boat.

Needless to say I was beyond pleased. The boat shined like new and all of the problem spots that we addressed had been taken care of like hitting the re-set button on a brand new boat. After working the numbers, now that I have a guy that I can trust, it makes more sense for me to put time in at work then spend that amount of time breaking my back to polish and wax the boat myself.

In closing, I've said it before, I'm anal with all of my stuff and highly recommend Bobby B to take care of your boat. There is absolutely no way I would have ever got the boat to shine as nice as he did without hurting the gel since I'm not experienced. So happy :)

Give Bobby B a call for a quote to get your sled done after Memorial or before your next trip. If you can do your own interior you will probably save yourself some $$. You won't be disappointed.

Bobby Berkenheger
909-938-5242

Attachments

• IMG_3865.JPG
    IMG_3865.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3870.JPG
    IMG_3870.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3873.JPG
    IMG_3873.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3874.JPG
    IMG_3874.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 35

Spot

Reaction score
Is that a 215 skier? Who made that swim step? Thanks

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Is that a 215 skier? Who made that swim step? Thanks

I think it's a 23 /24 eagle?

The boat looks awesome, what a job.:thumbup:

The boats a 236:D I think the swim steps are original, but they don't always fill in the middle.:thumbup:

236's have the same running bottom as the 250, but are squared off in the back like a Daytona, and have a couple less inches of freeboard.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Knowing how cheap you are and how anal you are that's a pretty solid referral in my book Nord. If you are happy anyone would be happy.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I had Bobby B. detail my Lavey and damn was I impressed!!!

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Where is Bobby B. located?

I believe he is in upland but he is mobile. Give him a call you won't be disappointed. Tell him Dave Nord referred please :)

As for my boat it's a 236 Eagle XP. Swim step was built at Eliminator. Middle part goes up and down when drive is lifted.