WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rice Road This Afternoon...Ho Lee Fuk...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Reading and listening to road reports this morning, I decided to route myself I-10 to Rice to Vidal Junction and CA 95 up to Needles and here to Katherine's Landing.

Rice Road looked like a cross between the Daytona 500 and a two lane highway. When available, it was two lanes eastward until a west bound car made all the left lane traffic dive back into the right lane making both lanes go from 70+ to 35+ mph all the way from the 10 to Vidal. Not fun at all...did run into River Pig for a moment at Vidal but I'm sure he was WAY busy today.

Oh, and when did the law change on solid yellow lines? In my day it meant no passing (like the sign says when it changes from dotted to solid)...seems today it's nothing more than a suggestion or recommendation....

:grumble:

TCHB

Reaction score
Reading and listening to road reports this morning, I decided to route myself I-10 to Rice to Vidal Junction and CA 95 up to Needles and here to Katherine's Landing.

Rice Road looked like a cross between the Daytona 500 and a two lane highway. When available, it was two lanes eastward until a west bound car made all the left lane traffic dive back into the right lane making both lanes go from 70+ to 35+ mph all the way from the 10 to Vidal. Not fun at all...did run into River Pig for a moment at Vidal but I'm sure he was WAY busy today.

Oh, and when did the law change on solid yellow lines? In my day it meant no passing (like the sign says when it changes from dotted to solid)...seems today it's nothing more than a suggestion or recommendation....

That is the big problem with Rice Rd.
Too many people passing on blind spots. We have seen some horrible accidents because of passing on blind spots.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Tell me more about this ride road route

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
My day today... OC to Long Beach... To Hacienda Hgts ... To Palm Desert... To Havasu. Been using Google Maps on the iPhone. Had me do a jimmyjack to avoid the 60. Ended up on the 10 near Cal Poly Pomona.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I decided to leave in the morning and avoid the fucktards...momma and the boy are outta town, it's just me and the dog, I'm in no hurry and don't need to be back at work till wed. I'll go through Ehrenburg...rice road is getting a bit hairy

77charger

Reaction score
friend of mine came back from river yesterday he told me he didnt pass a car coming home nor had one pass him but headed to river it was like a 1000 people going the other way.He got tired and spooked so decided to come back thru yucca valley.

Rdubz

Parker Thug Life...
Reaction score

Just one of the many reasons I seem to avoid going out to my place during 'Holiday' weekends.. I'll take my quiet mid-week trips thank you..

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

People just don't give 2 craps anymore. Laws of the road are just words to them and they don't care about their life or the lives of others. They will do whatever it takes to get there 2 minutes ahead of you. Freaking idiots.........[emoji35]

BUSTI

Reaction score
Rice road is to dangerous. I have ran the numbers both ways and rice is about 20 min faster than Ehrenberg of nobody is on Rice. I get better fuel mileage on Ehrenberg because I can see the cruise control. No speeding up then slowing down when passing. Just one constant cruise.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Just remember, all those idiots you dealt with on the road yesterday, you'll be sharing the water with them the next couple days!:yikes

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just remember, all those idiots you dealt with on the road yesterday, you'll be sharing the water with them the next couple days!:yikes
Lol...so true.
Rice is all about timing. It's rare I have to click off my cruise, but I also avoid driving it on a friday night of a holiday weekend.
Be vigilant out there this weekend you all.[emoji106]
I remember the days when there'd be a line of cars across the bridge by Earp to just to leave Az on those Monday holidays.[emoji21] [emoji107]

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

Talked to someone last night here in Parker who had passed a rolled car accident on Rice Rd last night on his way into town, CHP already on the scene, no other details.

Prior to moving to Parker I have been coming out here most of my life, usually on Rice Rd. My first car was a '66 Mustang, and the first time I tested it's speed with my foot to the floor was on Rice Rd, so I still have a soft spot for that route. I have gone through Ehrenberg a fair number of times, and you can get caught for speed on either route, just not many cars out enforcing it.