WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Maxxed out didnt pan out, need a broker recommendation

E4L

Reaction score
No I read it just fine. Yore butt hurt about the word "glaring ". Have you ever read the generic consignment form eliminator uses? (I have not) If it's ok for you then that's great. A guy with a risk management back ground is not comfortable with it and attempts to make revisions to better protect himself (which would also protect eliminator too) and the two parties cant or won't come together then it is what it is. He comes here to tell about his experience and you all take it as an attack. Myself... I've been educated a bit here. If I ever consign my boat I will now cross all my I's and dot all my T's before doing so. If there is a POSSIBLE liability hole I wanna know about it. There hasn't been any mud slinging here imo.

Unless I missed a section where the OP called Bob a crooked pos? Pretty sure that didn't happen.

That is * YOUR opinion. Being in the boat buisness this isn't my first rodeo I can see a couple of things one is the boat is over priced but they will figure that out themselves. 2 I would drop it off at Cobra when was the last time you went to Eliminator looking at Cobras?

Me personally if I'm gonna sell it I do what I got to do to sell it. I don't sit here and say why I don't list it for sale with someone because of liability loopholes as he stated. Funny thing is they got boats 200-300k listed and I don't see those owners complaining.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You're in the boat biz?

I always thought E4L. Was just because you were a big fan of the brand. what do you do?

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
That is * YOUR opinion. Being in the boat buisness this isn't my first rodeo I can see a couple of things one is the boat is over priced but they will figure that out themselves. 2 I would drop it off at Cobra when was the last time you went to Eliminator looking at Cobras?

Me personally if I'm gonna sell it I do what I got to do to sell it. I don't sit here and say why I don't list it for sale with someone because of liability loopholes as he stated. Funny thing is they got boats 200-300k listed and I don't see those owners complaining.
Wtf does price have to do with anything here? That was never even on the table till the cell block dug a lil. The consignment form is more than just price anyway. Cobra would be the better choice I agree but an RDPer went to two different RDP known sources and wasn't comfortable with one and had unwanted costs on another. No big deal. Cobra doesn't have a go to guy here on the regular like Shuman, paul, or Ricky.

E4L

Reaction score
Wtf does price have to do with anything here? That was never even on the table till the cell block dug a lil. The consignment form is more than just price anyway. Cobra would be the better choice I agree but an RDPer went to two different RDP known sources and wasn't comfortable with one and had unwanted costs on another. No big deal. Cobra doesn't have a go to guy here on the regular like Shuman, paul, or Ricky.

Price has a lot to do with everything guy. And let's get real their is a go to guy on here from Cobra quit kidding yourself. Every flipping boat builder looks at these forms get real.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Price has a lot to do with everything guy. And let's get real their is a go to guy on here from Cobra quit kidding yourself. Every flipping boat builder looks at these forms get real.

Who would the go to guy be? I'm curious [emoji4]

Reactions: E4L

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
NADA and KBB are also there to bring sellers that are being unrealistic about what their boat is worth back to reality. Not saying Millhouse is one of those.

It's funny.. When people are buying that are screaming Nada.. when they are selling they are like "What's that? Oh that's bullshit.. Those #'s aren't even close to reality."

Been my perspective that Nada is usually very "low" #'s for performance boats, but more on power with production style boats. That all being said it wouldn't stop me from using the NADA #'s in negotiation of buying a boat. :D

If true he might consider working with a DCB dealer like Preston @ Horizon to work the "Trade-In" credit angle.

I just can't see Joker in an M31.. But stranger things have happened?

Just a thought - removing the whipple probably takes an afternoon and a 12 pack. Sell the whipple for extra cash and probably sell the boat easier.
People are scared of stuff they dont understand, and if google searches turn up anything negative that becomes the gospel. They have cast pistons which are not good for boost, but lots of 496s running around with blowers and turbos without issue, in marine and auto applications....its all in the tuning and keeping detonation at bay.
I say easiest thing is put it back to stock, have it surveyed and give it a clean bill of health for the next owner to feel at ease

I would agree.. right up until someone posts the "Anyone know anything about this boat?" thread on any forum and everyone says "Yeah it used to have a whipple."

No where in any post has the OP been malicious. The OP posted that he wanted other options. He's not in a hurry and doesn't want to pay for storage on any level. He is a risk management guy by profession and stated that eliminator uses a generic form for the consignment. After reading the form while in his risk assessment mode he found it to be not good for HIM based on his training on risk. He came here and said MO was a bit to busy for him and was uncomfortable with the generic eliminator form. A few have jumped his shit for no reason. Everything is FACT so far. Eliminator generic form..... FACT. Maxed out to busy/full to store boat.... FACT. not sure the big deal here. Can we just give him options without reading defensively? Wait its the internet..... duh!

Nicely said Riblet.

McRib

Reaction score
Let me rephrase. There isn't a "regular" cobra guy here. I know all the dealers are here. And price had nothing to do with this entire post from the OP. Take bobs crank out for a min and stop being so defensive.

McRib

Reaction score
And I mean regular like shue or rising sun or OD1.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There's no rep from Cobra on here that I'm aware of. I know they read the forums, but have don't think I have ever seen them post.

Are you referring to Throttle? He's just an enthusiastic customer if you are.

RD

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Who would the go to guy be? I'm curious [emoji4]

image.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
There's two guys on here I know used to help w sales for cobra.

E4L

Reaction score
There's no rep from Cobra on here that I'm aware of. I know they read the forums, but have don't think I have ever seen them post.

Are you referring to Throttle? He's just an enthusiastic customer if you are.

RD

Dave no disrespect to you but every boat manufacture looks what's being said on here. They can come on here as a guest and read everything. And a lot of them do.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave no disrespect to you but every boat manufacture looks what's being said on here. They can come on here as a guest and read everything. And a lot of them do.

I'm aware they all do.. I was just saying that I wasn't aware of a employee of Cobra actively participating on here. (which is what I said above)

RD

Patyacht

Reaction score
Appears to me it's only the Delaminator guys:D that are butt hurt. Everyone else is about right on. Oh and I think I've given a few options as alternatives.

PS If you think NADA is gospel read THEIR fine print. Car guys have a sales report they submit to help NADA on pricing. Boat guys DO NOT. THEY USE STRAIGHT LINE DEPRECIATION for boats. I call it a dart board. Dave said it about right on NADA.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

I think cobra is a little different based on experience. My thread went pretty sideways and they were notified about it then came on to read it. (Didn't comment) I think it's pretty rare for Jeff or hern to log into rdp. Of course I could b wrong

E4L

Reaction score
Appears to me it's only the Delaminator guys:D that are butt hurt. Everyone else is about right on. Oh and I think I've given a few options as alternatives.

PS If you think NADA is gospel read THEIR fine print. Car guys have a sales report they submit to help NADA on pricing. Boat guys DO NOT. THEY USE STRAIGHT LINE DEPRECIATION for boats. I call it a dart board. Dave said it about right on NADA.

Now your turning this thread south with your comment.

McRib

Reaction score
Now your turning this thread south with your comment.

No... u are by not seeing the humor. That shit was funny as fuck. I can read it and see no malicious intent. Then again I don't have eliminators balls resting on my tonsils. :)

Patyacht

Reaction score
Really? You must have missed the :D. Oh, I guess it is ok to rag on DCB guys but not Eliminator guys.

E4L

Reaction score
Really? You must have missed the :D. Oh, I guess it is ok to rag on DCB guys but not Eliminator guys.

Yes all those guys left when hot boat left Kilrtoy and Charley and the fighting stopped haha

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I agree. It was a good move.:thumbsup

Not 2FF good, nobody is that good. But still good.

This is the longest spam thread RDP has ever seen. It's like a constant bump.

Millhouse is a genius [emoji2]

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Me too. I thought Rob was slanging boxes for UPS. Thats why all my deliveries were dented. :D

No shit.. learn somethin new everyday.

RD

BTW I am joking. You ever see how tall he is. Makes Bigfoot look like a midget. ;)

Reactions: E4L

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I thought all the DCLB's guys left when they sold their boats after their home equity they bought the boat with dried up?.... :D

Yes all those guys left when hot boat left Kilrtoy and Charley and the fighting stopped haha

Bradsrvrtoy.

Reaction score
It's funny.. When people are buying that are screaming Nada.. when they are selling they are like "What's that? Oh that's bullshit.. Those #'s aren't even close to reality."

Been my perspective that Nada is usually very "low" #'s for performance boats, but more on power with production style boats. That all being said it wouldn't stop me from using the NADA #'s in negotiation of buying a boat. :D

This has been my experience with Nada as well! Funny that you can book out a boat for 10k up or down depending how you even use Nada! Guy prints me out a Nada report with options like 496 even though the astrics at the top says it comes standard with that motor (you cant add the motor on top of that) he says looks its a 4k uograde or fiberglass swim step; well yeah ita got a fiberglass swim step but its part of the mold! You cant count that as an option. Like others said in another thread when finding a bank to loan on a boat, "just fill out the Nada sheet and take it to the bank" you can build the boat through Nada to be way off of actual value.

Its not cool to comment on prices people are asking, they will find the selling point, maybe its the cleanest best taken care of Cobra on the planet witb the exact graphics you were going to order a new one at? Your call 100k new or 45k slightly used..

Ive seen 10ft schiadas sell for twice my boats worth. Do they really book in Nada for that?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

This has been my experience with Nada as well! Funny that you can book out a boat for 10k up or down depending how you even use Nada! Guy prints me out a Nada report with options like 496 even though the astrics at the top says it comes standard with that motor (you cant add the motor on top of that) he says looks its a 4k uograde or fiberglass swim step; well yeah ita got a fiberglass swim step but its part of the mold! You cant count that as an option. Like others said in another thread when finding a bank to loan on a boat, "just fill out the Nada sheet and take it to the bank" you can build the boat through Nada to be way off of actual value.

Its not cool to cimpliment on prices people are asking they will find the selling point, maybe its the cleanest best taken care of Cobra on the planet witb the exact graphics you were going to order a new one at? Your call 100k new or 45k slightly used..

Ive seen 10ft schiadas sell for twice my boats worth. Do they really book in Nada for that?

Impossible... I own the cleanest best taken care of cobra on the planet [emoji13]

Bradsrvrtoy.

Reaction score
Lol yes u do! But I have seen a pic of you beaching it! :) is there a deduction on Nada for that?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Millhouse,

Have you called GT Performance in Upland? I know they have boats on consignment there.

About 2 years ago, they had a 26 Howard Cat minus, power I really wanted to buy. It couldn't have been a more perfect boat for me. I loved the gel coat, interior, trailer and etc. I called GT, they set me up with an appointment to come see the boat. They had a lot of useful knowledge about the boat and were very nice to deal with, unlike many other places I went to in the past. The boat needed an engine, a drive, steering and few modifications to get it running to my desired specs (over 90 mph). We talked back and forth for a few days, but I just couldn't get the price where I needed it to be. I wanted to pay cash for the entire deal and I had a budget that I had to stay within. We came close, but I couldn't do it. I wanted GT to do the work. Looking back, I should've just done it, but oh well. I did the smart thing saved my money.

Anyways, GT was pleasure to work with and when I'm ready to take on another project like this, they will be my first phone call.:thumbup:

This was it :/

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?85854-26-Howard-for-sale&highlight=howard+cat

millhouse961

Reaction score
I guess Millhouse decided to go with Eliminator after all.

View attachment 409799

Holy shit, this made my day! Thanks Grads. And yeah this thread went wayyyyyy further than I ever imagined; I was hoping for 2 or 3 responses with leads on dealers and then a dead thread. Everyone that has responded can have the first round on me if you come to my bar in Port Hueneme, CA (this is a safe bet knowing how far I live from the rest of you) Cheers everyone!

Millhouse,

Have you called GT Performance in Upland? I know they have boats on consignment there.

About 2 years ago, they had a 26 Howard Cat minus, power I really wanted to buy. It couldn't have been a more perfect boat for me. I loved the gel coat, interior, trailer and etc. I called GT, they set me up with an appointment to come see the boat. They had a lot of useful knowledge about the boat and were very nice to deal with, unlike many other places I went to in the past. The boat needed an engine, a drive, steering and few modifications to get it running to my desired specs (over 90 mph). We talked back and forth for a few days, but I just couldn't get the price where I needed it to be. I wanted to pay cash for the entire deal and I had a budget that I had to stay within. We came close, but I couldn't do it. I wanted GT to do the work. Looking back, I should've just done it, but oh well. I did the smart thing saved my money.

Anyways, GT was pleasure to work with and when I'm ready to take on another project like this, they will be my first phone call.:thumbup:

This was it :/

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?85854-26-Howard-for-sale&highlight=howard+cat

Haven;t talked to them, I will look into it, thank you!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Wanted to list my boat with Maxxed out in Havasu but after going through everything they just now told me they have no room and I would have to pay for storage somewhere in Havasu. Anyone have a good recommendation for somewhere else to take it? I already talked to Eliminator and they will not make any changes to their consignment agreement which has glaring liability holes in it, so that is not an option for me. Distance is not an issue, I just want to take it somewhere to get it done; i live too far from any boating region to get people to drive out here.

View attachment 409589

Maybe you should check out this thread concerning consignment agreements.

:)http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...9-Offshore-Custom-Marine-Oregon-Custom-Marine

Eggbeatn ur Ass

Reaction score
I live at Lake nacimiento and had my Mach 22 for sale earlier this year for 2 months and it sold. I had it posted on CL Mohave and inland empire even thou I live close to neither. I had plenty of calls on it. Everyone I talked to I told em if they were serious I'd be willing to meet somewhere lake test it or whatever they wanted. I had a job going in Carpinteria at the time and a guy from Fontana was interested so I told him I'd be willing to bring it to work with me if he'd make the drive. Well he brought the cash and we made the deal right there. If people are that serious they will come to you. I bought my last 22 down in Alpine, CA and the Mach 26 i have now i bought in havasu which are both 6-7 hour drives for me. Cause i knew to find exactly what i wanted i needed to travel. Being a seller you need to be willing to go a little out of your way and accommodate for them too. To me dropping the price a little, getting it sold so you can move on, is better than having it sit somewhere for a year or 2 to get another $5k just isn't worth it. But if deep down you don't want to sell then you won't sell

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Holy shit, this made my day! Thanks Grads. And yeah this thread went wayyyyyy further than I ever imagined; I was hoping for 2 or 3 responses with leads on dealers and then a dead thread. Everyone that has responded can have the first round on me if you come to my bar in Port Hueneme, CA (this is a safe bet knowing how far I live from the rest of you) Cheers everyone!

Which Bar is yours?

McRib

Reaction score

Wtf! What bar is yours? I was just in huneme yesterday!

millhouse961

Reaction score
Which Bar is yours?

Wtf! What bar is yours? I was just in huneme yesterday!

I'm down for a group trip. :D

Top Deck Bar
100 W. Pleasant Valley
Port Hueneme, CA

If you go there, tell me AHEAD OF TIME and I will make sure you are taken care of. I'm not there every day so that's why I need a heads up. It's actually not far from Hueneme Harbor so could be a cool boating trip of organized properly.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Pretty impressive. Just may have to do a little tasting and beer drinking next time I visits friends in the Channel Islands.:thumbup:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Top Deck Bar
100 W. Pleasant Valley
Port Hueneme, CA

If you go there, tell me AHEAD OF TIME and I will make sure you are taken care of. I'm not there every day so that's why I need a heads up. It's actually not far from Hueneme Harbor so could be a cool boating trip of organized properly.

Ahhh Top Deck!
My Superintendent I work with goes there regularly! I've never been....I keep promising him I'll go and hit the Karaoke :thumbsup:thumbsup