WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No more utv's in the channel

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Here's the link RD. I wonder if the raising the lake level and no atv/utv parking are associated to make the cops job easier and reduce channel numbers.
http://justsaynews.com/parking-restrictions-at-london-bridge-beach-along-bridgewater-channel/

I wondered about the lake level thing myself.
As for the UTV's, it probably the same thing as at the Islander. Some Robbie Gordon wannabe decided to impress everybody by seeing how much roost he could produce with his 50HP offroad masterpiece on that hill and dusted some quarter million dollar DCB's and they all bitched!:D:D

Patyacht

Reaction score
RD, what is the Lake Havasu Marine Associations position on this issue and the extended no ski/wakeboard zone issue?

wishiknew

Reaction score
Bullhead, Mohave & Laughlin are closed! Plus, I heard there are a ton of scary rocks up there. :eek

We also don't need no rich white folk up in our little white trash neck of the woods. Pampered bastards always screw things up. :D

Exactly how far up is this little clic ???? In relation to the caboose

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here's the link RD. I wonder if the raising the lake level and no atv/utv parking are associated to make the cops job easier and reduce channel numbers.
http://justsaynews.com/parking-restrictions-at-london-bridge-beach-along-bridgewater-channel/

RD, what is the Lake Havasu Marine Associations position on this issue and the extended no ski/wakeboard zone issue?

With regard to the no ski / wakeboard zone (which is actually a no powerboat zone as I understand it).

As I understand it the Mayor of Havasu is now working on trying to get it reopened, the Marine association is now trying to get it reopened. I talked to my contact and Game and Fish today, and they are going to get me the phone # of the person to talk too about why it was closed down, and possibly get it reopened.

I heard from a few people today and city hall was blown up with phone calls from locals for the better part of the afternoon after it went viral on facebook.

I have no asked the LHCMA's position on the UTV thing in the channel.

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
The good old days.

Attachments

• havasu 1967 4th of july.jpg
    havasu 1967 4th of july.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10

250Eagle

Reaction score
^^^
Not sure that it was "spring break", but pretty sure that I know the "tool" that did this. Effing A hole is right....

Can you drop a hint? I blows me away they are harassing the gas powered golf carts too. Complete bullshit.

Patyacht

Reaction score
With regard to the no ski / wakeboard zone (which is actually a no powerboat zone as I understand it).

As I understand it the Mayor of Havasu is now working on trying to get it reopened, the Marine association is now trying to get it reopened. I talked to my contact and Game and Fish today, and they are going to get me the phone # of the person to talk too about why it was closed down, and possibly get it reopened.

I heard from a few people today and city hall was blown up with phone calls from locals for the better part of the afternoon after it went viral on facebook.

RD

Speaking of Facebook, Those that signed the petition could copy the petition link and post it to their Facebook page to further spread the word.:thumbup:

Havasteve

Reaction score
They said the land used to belong to the Pattell (sp?) guys and that it had just sold, and the new owners didn't want it.

Your telling me they just randomly made up that story and told me all that shit? (That is beyond bizarre?)

RD

No not random. It's the same story every year.

Havasteve

Reaction score

RD

I'm still not understanding how extending the existing buoy line south a half mile is a "no power boat zone" Just because you can't tow a skier, tube or wake boarder doesn't mean its somehow a no wake zone or an area where boats aren't allowed to go 200 mph. Except for this new half mile it has always been illegal to ski, tube or tow anything on the river all the way to north of the gorge. I always thought it was nice to cruise up the river without a bunch of skiers, slow wake boarders and idiots zig zagging towing tubes in front of you. That's a Parker thing. Are people really that pissed that you cant water ski there. Is the river better to ski on than the lake or a cove?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'm still not understanding how extending the existing buoy line south a half mile is a "no power boat zone" Just because you can't tow a skier, tube or wake boarder doesn't mean its somehow a no wake zone or an area where boats aren't allowed to go 200 mph. Except for this new half mile it has always been illegal to ski, tube or tow anything on the river all the way to north of the gorge. I always thought it was nice to cruise up the river without a bunch of skiers, slow wake boarders and idiots zig zagging towing tubes in front of you. That's a Parker thing. Are people really that pissed that you cant water ski there. Is the river better to ski on than the lake or a cove?
Your thinking of the wrong part of the river. The newly closed area is more to the east. Its always been a skiing area. You can't get up river from there. Unless you go thru the reeds.

Singleton

Reaction score
Your thinking of the wrong part of the river. The newly closed area is more to the east. Its always been a skiing area. You can't get up river from there. Unless you go thru the reeds.

Could someone post a map of this area now closed, I am totally confused what part of the lake / river we are talking about,

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Could someone post a map of this area now closed, I am totally confused what part of the lake / river we are talking about,
I don't know how from my IPAD. But if you do google maps. Look for the Refuge Golf Course. It the area just west of the shore. You will see the reeds upriver a little. You could ski up to the reeds and do large circle laps without getting in the way of the boats heading upriver at the mouth where the sandbar and island is.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
They said the land used to belong to the Pattell (sp?) guys and that it had just sold, and the new owners didn't want it.

Your telling me they just randomly made up that story and told me all that shit? (That is beyond bizarre?)

RD

Names made up to protect the innocent. Same story, different year. If a handful of us are telling ya this happens every year, why don't you believe us?

Btw, it once was said "it's not a race".

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Don't believe the hype ! there is NO public beaches you can ride/drive up to North of Needles. Bullhead restricts access and the Indians (feather) own the rest on the AZ side and they charge BIG $$$$ to use their beach. Stay in Havasu/Parker and fight the good fight. :drink

Ok, Ya so you have to buy a permit once a year for $100 that covers your family/group or a $5 a day pass. It's well worth it to have your own sandy beach for the day and there are a ton to choose from. I grew up pissing and shitting my diapers on Circle Beach. I remember when the natives would come by on an ATV and politely ask for $5 for everyone on the beach. Sometimes they'd take a few cold ones for the road as a payment. That was until people wanted to argue and complain about the fee, refuse to pay it or just trash the beaches, so they got a little tougher on the rules. I don't care, it's their land, there rules and the less people there because they don't wanna pay the better. Stay down at crowded PC and give the ranger your $5 then.

Havasteve

Reaction score

That would be a completely different situation. I read where the Existing no ski buoy line is being moving south half a mile. I was unaware of a no ski buoy line in that area to be moved. They specifically said it was due to the amount of traffic so I think it's the buoys in the main channel they are talking about.

It's so nice to be included and informed by our government. Who the hell speaks for us in these matters.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That would be a completely different situation. I read where the Existing no ski buoy line is being moving south half a mile. I was unaware of a no ski buoy line in that area to be moved. They specifically said it was due to the amount of traffic so I think it's the buoys in the main channel they are talking about.

It's so nice to be included and informed by our government. Who the hell speaks for us in these matters.

The situation I am referring to isn't the main part of the river Steve. It is called "the shallows" and other nick names by locals. It is on the AZ side off the main part of the river near where a kayak launch ramp is.

It has always been a popular spot for tow sports and it was just recently shut down for boats.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Names made up to protect the innocent. Same story, different year. If a handful of us are telling ya this happens every year, why don't you believe us?

Btw, it once was said "it's not a race".

I am not doubting what you are saying. I just found it weird that someone would tell me that story. It could be the guy was just misinformed? I dunno.

Not sure what you mean by it's not a race.

underpressure

Reaction score
Can you drop a hint? I blows me away they are harassing the gas powered golf carts too. Complete bullshit.

Not naming names...

But, pretty sure it was some "friends of friends" where the teenage son and his buddy that took the parents RZR and proceeded to be dumb ass little bitches... the parents are just there for a couple of weeks. Effed things up for a lot of people, me included! Stupid rule, maybe the regular folks should "complain"?

IMHO, they should have just kicked dumb shits out and banned them for life...not impact everyone else for their stupid move.

250Eagle

Reaction score
Not naming names...

But, pretty sure it was some "friends of friends" where the teenage son and his buddy that took the parents RZR and proceeded to be dumb ass little bitches... the parents are just there for a couple of weeks. Effed things up for a lot of people, me included! Stupid rule, maybe the regular folks should "complain"?

IMHO, they should have just kicked dumb shits out and banned them for life...not impact everyone else for their stupid move.

Yeah I did some bitching on Saturday to the office. I was really pissed when I found out that my golf cart was banned due to being gas powered. It is what it is for the rzr even though I have one out there. Especially when my golf cart is slower than most of the electric carts. I kind of agree with the rzr ban on the islander beach especially the 4 sweaters like mine just because they are so damn big. They are hard to pass one another in a few spots down there.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

2Driver

Reaction score
Its not about the guy who cruises down for a swim with his dog but about the drunk speeding or idiots doing donuts

UTVs did for off roading what sit-down jet skis did for boating

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
UTVs did for off roading what sit-down jet skis did for boating

Respectfully disagree here.......idiots did all that PERIOD! That logic is the same about guns killing people IMO.