WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Women's USA Soccer

RVRKID

Reaction score
What a great win!! [emoji631][emoji631] Did anyone else notice the resemblance with Germany's goalie and Caitlyn Jenner?[emoji23] maybe if I have time tomorrow I can get on the laptop and put their pics next to each other.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Well done :thumbup: our girls got beat by the Japs but they weren't disgraced at all, better luck next time. :thumbup:

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
What a great win!! [emoji631][emoji631] Did anyone else notice the resemblance with Germany's goalie and Caitlyn Jenner?[emoji23] maybe if I have time tomorrow I can get on the laptop and put their pics next to each other.

LOL :thumbsup

I posted the same thing on the Yahoo sports site last night, asking whether anybody had ever seen Nadia and Caitlin together at the same time. Got like 20 dislikes; lots of PC there, ya know.

Great kommie kickball game though, some of them US gal are tough cookies.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I'm so pissed off... Turned down free tickets last month to the finals in Vancouver. Flights and Hotel costs were crazy. :bash:

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
The Montreal stadium was full of U.S.A. flags, banners, and fans . . . 'bout 40 people there cheering for the huns.

Wonder what the finals in B.C. will be like if the cousins beat Japan.

TCHB

Reaction score
Lets hope they can keep the positive energy up.

Great athletes!

brgrcru

Reaction score
LOL :thumbsup

I posted the same thing on the Yahoo sports site last night, asking whether anybody had ever seen Nadia and Caitlin together at the same time. Got like 20 dislikes; lots of PC there, ya know.

Great kommie kickball game though, some of them US gal are tough cookies.

Kommie kick ball?

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
Kommie kick ball?

Not a Murrican sport like baseball or basketball :D . . . invented overseas somewhere. Albania, Ethiopia, somewhere like that . . . one of them countries just now gettin cable TV.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Not a Murrican sport like baseball or basketball :D . . . invented overseas somewhere. Albania, Ethiopia, somewhere like that . . . one of them countries just now gettin cable TV.

Oh okay. Loved all over the world. but not made up by Americans, so it is a kommie sport. brilliant ! so a Rolex is a kommie watch, Porsche, Bmw, Mercedes, Ferrari, Hurco machines and thousands of other products are Kommies. :)

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Whens the lingerie league start?

That i could watch.[emoji3]

I am not a huge soccer fan at all but womens soccer is waaaayyyy better than the mens game. It's pretty much the only soccer I watch.

The men are a bunch of floppers!

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
Oh okay. Loved all over the world. but not made up by Americans, so it is a kommie sport. brilliant ! so a Rolex is a kommie watch, Porsche, Bmw, Mercedes, Ferrari, Hurco machines and thousands of other products are Kommies. :)

Geez, don't take it personally. :) Didn't say any of it was bad, maybe a little slow to catch on in the U.S. as opposed to, like everywhere else but HD widescreens seem to be correcting that. My kids all played up through HS, the two youngest still do in adult league although those have something of a Central America flavor to them. Matter of fact, when #2 plays, they have to get the Sunday games in before the Brunch business starts at El Torito or they are shorthanded. They call it the bus boy and waiters league and he stands out like a Q-Tip in a buckthorn thicket.

I asked him if communication was and issue and he told me all he needs to know is andale and rapido.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Geez, don't take it personally. :) Didn't say any of it was bad, maybe a little slow to catch on in the U.S. as opposed to, like everywhere else but HD widescreens seem to be correcting that. My kids all played up through HS, the two youngest still do in adult league although those have something of a Central America flavor to them. Matter of fact, when #2 plays, they have to get the Sunday games in before the Brunch business starts at El Torito or they are shorthanded. They call it the bus boy and waiters league and he stands out like a Q-Tip in a buckthorn thicket.

I asked him if communication was and issue and he told me all he needs to know is andale and rapido.

for me we have had 4 generations of soccer players on both sides of the family. including Professional players, myself 30 years ago TSV Havelese German 3 division and semi pro here. I also sprained my knee right before the 1984 olympics and was cut from the US camp. my dad FC Nurnberg and also pro here, . Son and Daughter won a few national championships with club teams/ daughter played at U Of A wildcat and my son played college also and was suppose to stay at Hanover 96, But changed his mind at 18.
I defend soccer like a passion. A passion that people have all over the world with the sport. so for me I take it personally, as I have played and coached at very high level.
I have heard enough shit about it in my life time, that it gets real old.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
for me we have had 4 generations of soccer players on both sides of the family. including Professional players, myself 30 years ago TSV Havelese German 3 division and semi pro here. I also sprained my knee right before the 1984 olympics and was cut from the US camp. my dad FC Nurnberg and also pro here, . Son and Daughter won a few national championships with club teams/ daughter played at U Of A wildcat and my son played college also and was suppose to stay at Hanover 96, But changed his mind at 18.
I defend soccer like a passion. A passion that people have all over the world with the sport. so for me I take it personally, as I have played and coached at very high level.
I have heard enough shit about it in my life time, that it gets real old.
You know Mike Fox?

brgrcru

Reaction score
You know Mike Fox?

the name rings a bell . but I don't know. ? Maybe ? bad with names. that was another life ago for me. Have been out of the soccer scene, for a few years now, since both kids are done playing. have to wait for Grand kids now.:D

we still go to Germany every two years to visit relatives, but actually to watch pro soccer for 3 weeks. and drive fast on the autobahn. :thumbsup

there were few of us Americans that went over to Germany in the early 80's

Paul Calagire and Brad Smith were the ones that really made in my era. Paul the most. he made a good living playing soccer and now coaches club and college here in so cal.

Oso Viejo

Reaction score

As I pointed out already, I think that more people enjoy soccer now because technology allows them to see the whole pitch and get a sense of just how much is going on away from the ball. Back in the day you had to either get out to see a game, (which few other than parents with players did), in person or try and make sense out of your square 19" tv picture.

Like baseball, soccer has way more going on for someone who knows what he/she is watching but much of it is away from the ball. The game, for a casual viewer or someone trying to figure out what is going on by watching a little tv, is tough to follow.

One of my kids was part of a premier u18(19) team out of Claremont and played in an event called the Celtic Cup up near San Berdoo. I'd tell people that standing next to that field during games was like having 20 D1 strong safeties run around you. Very impressive athletes.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
the name rings a bell . but I don't know. ? Maybe ? bad with names. that was another life ago for me. Have been out of the soccer scene, for a few years now, since both kids are done playing. have to wait for Grand kids now.:D

we still go to Germany every two years to visit relatives, but actually to watch pro soccer for 3 weeks. and drive fast on the autobahn. :thumbsup

there were few of us Americans that went over to Germany in the early 80's

Paul Calagire and Brad Smith were the ones that really made in my era. Paul the most. he made a good living playing soccer and now coaches club and college here in so cal.
Mike was on the 1984 Olympic team. We played at CSUF Fullerton together. Played against Paul in youth through college and with him on the U17 CA team. Just saw him a few months ago here in San Clemente. I've got young kids playing so I still run into guys from time to time. I too dont understand the soccer haters, but whatever, let em hate.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Mike was on the 1984 Olympic team. We played at CSUF Fullerton together. Played against Paul in youth through college and with him on the U17 CA team. Just saw him a few months ago here in San Clemente. I've got young kids playing so I still run into guys from time to time. I too dont understand the soccer haters, but whatever, let em hate.

I played For NHB. :) we probably played together or against each other. did you know Kaleb Suri. Dale Irvine . biggest rival for us were La Jolla Nomads with Derek Armstrong and Tad Bobeck who coaches at the Blues, but use to coach Culver palisades. years ago.

Paul played for Diamond bar kickers. he was a year older then me.
we hated south bay teams :D Torrance united, south bay gunners.
I probably know Mike

brgrcru

Reaction score
As I pointed out already, I think that more people enjoy soccer now because technology allows them to see the whole pitch and get a sense of just how much is going on away from the ball. Back in the day you had to either get out to see a game, (which few other than parents with players did), in person or try and make sense out of your square 19" tv picture.

Like baseball, soccer has way more going on for someone who knows what he/she is watching but much of it is away from the ball. The game, for a casual viewer or someone trying to figure out what is going on by watching a little tv, is tough to follow.

One of my kids was part of a premier u18(19) team out of Claremont and played in an event called the Celtic Cup up near San Berdoo. I'd tell people that standing next to that field during games was like having 20 D1 strong safeties run around you. Very impressive athletes.

:thumbsup

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I played For NHB. :) we probably played together or against each other. did you know Kaleb Suri. Dale Irvine . biggest rival for us were La Jolla Nomads with Derek Armstrong and Tad Bobeck who coaches at the Blues, but use to coach Culver palisades. years ago.

Paul played for Diamond bar kickers. he was a year older then me.
we hated south bay teams :D Torrance united, south bay gunners.
I probably know Mike
Yep, Dale played with us in OPD for a long time, and the U17 team Kaleb trained with us at Fullerton one spring but decided to play somewhere else. Two other names: Reid Thibadeau and Rich Smith? Reid was the best man at my wedding. I played for Villa Park Rowdies. I'm sure we did play against you

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think if they wore the USA sand volleyball team uniforms viewership would rise dramatically.

PS, if you like the US goalie, google "HOPE SOLO The Fappening," you'll find some very personal photos she has taken. :yikes:yikes:yikes:boobeyes:

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I think if they wore the USA sand volleyball team uniforms viewership would rise dramatically.

PS, if you like the US goalie, google "HOPE SOLO The Fappening," you'll find some very personal photos she has taken. :yikes:yikes:yikes:boobeyes:
Between the posts, so to speak...

RVRKID

Reaction score

That would be in the butt Bob![emoji23][emoji23]

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Great win by USA only one more to go now. Took the kid to see them play Mexico at the Stubhub center last month and wow they looked good. I think they have to much energy and momentum for Japan now.