WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dual Spindle Swiss Screw Machine with Live tooling..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At first you are thinking... "Meh" that's pretty cool.. Keep watching.. At some point in the late 3 minutes they are running the main spindle with live tooling ops, including rigid tapping in the sides of the part. They are running the sub spindle with live tooling ops in the front.. Pretty awesome machine!!

I have never really been around swiss screw machines, but have always wondered how they feed the material in and out of the chuck like that and still maintain rigidity?

[video=youtube;D7Mwk6rbzYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Mwk6rbzYs[/video]

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
At first you are thinking... "Meh" that's pretty cool.. Keep watching.. At some point in the late 3 minutes they are running the main spindle with live tooling ops, including rigid tapping in the sides of the part. They are running the sub spindle with live tooling ops in the front.. Pretty awesome machine!!

I have never really been around swiss screw machines, but have always wondered how they feed the material in and out of the chuck like that and still maintain rigidity?

[video=youtube;D7Mwk6rbzYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Mwk6rbzYs[/video]

RD

Screw machines are the shit. However you need a ton o parts to make it worth the setup.

I love that shit. I am sick.

Brian

GMD

Reaction score
Those are sure sweet machines. I build custom air guns and I had a run of titanium valves made last year on a One of those machines and the parts were delivered perfect.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Those are sure sweet machines. I build custom air guns and I had a run of titanium valves made last year on a One of those machines and the parts were delivered perfect.

When you say air guns.. You mean like paintball guns? Or are you referring to like an air gun a mechanic would use?

RD

River Cowboy

Reaction score
Swiss Screw Machines have been my career for 25+ years
top two of the major builders and last 8 yrs as an independent
has been a very cool segment to watch grow, from military to medical
they hold +\- .00010 with ease all day long

to answer Dave the cut is always the same distance from guide bush so
the rigidity, on average about .035 to .05 from support

this video looks to be a Star SV32

GMD

Reaction score
When you say air guns.. You mean like paintball guns? Or are you referring to like an air gun a mechanic would use?

RD

Dave,
I make custom Air rifles made for bench-rest shooting competition.
Here's a couple pictures
null_zps946bc41e.jpg

53b06114.jpg

GMD

Reaction score
I make the entire precision trigger for it also.

7adcfb6c.jpg

GMD

Reaction score
Dave,
where do you get material from?
Do you have it shipped to you or is there a metal supply that carries various alloys in LHC?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
All the stuff I do is small so I generally pay out the ass and order it from McMaster. There is a metal supply place out here but they are ridiculously priced..