WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Long Lost Pics

Toolman

Reaction score
My mother's b'day was a week ago. She turned 80. I'm 60. So we had a little get together at her place for just family. Pizza, ice cream, cokes, and an old family album I'd not seen before. It was like a 2nd album that my mother had thrown all the leftover pictures from the main album.

So I'm paging thru this 2nd album, and I can't believe what I'm looking at. 3 flatties that my father built and played with from before I was born, until I turned 6 yrs old (when my sister was born). I'd heard of these boats from my father's friends, but never new what they looked like. I jumped up and yelled OMG! My wife runs over and looks at what I'm pointing at, and then she says "Wow". Now everybody at the get together is huddled around the album and my nephew with his iphone takes the album outside for the best light, and captures the boats. Notice the incline on the Gold In Rod's trailer. I guess it was for launching.

So enjoy these old pics. "Linda III", "Gold In Rod", and his favorite and last (according to my mother) "Nut Kraker" which was blown. These are mid to late 50's.

Please chime in if you know these boats or what make they were. I especially love the '59 chevy wagon pulling one of them. My father's name was Joe Collins. He was from the So Cal. He hung around the South Gate, Downey, Bell, Cudahy, Bellflower, Lakewood areas.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 750
  • FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 744
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 740

JBS

Reaction score
How cool is that. Thanks for sharing

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
The Nut Kracker looks like a Patterson to me... Great looking boats!!!

Steve

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The Nut Kracker looks like a Patterson to me... Great looking boats!!!

Steve

That's a Patterson all right. My dad had the same boat with a big caddy in it. I'd give anything to find that boat. We hung out at Tommy Kinders camp and the old back bay at Newport.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Yep! :thumbsup

That generation didn't require spray misters, neon lights and bluetooth stereos to go boating. :cool

Ain't that the truth. I was just a little guy but I can remember him saying "get in and hold on". Hold on to what????

machinist68

Reaction score
Those were the days! Thanks for the memories! :thumbsup