WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Construction BBQ, Bar, and Patio

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I wanted to chronicle this build when I did it, but just did not have the time. I did take some pictures as we went along. I waited 8 years to build this. Actually bought my BBQ and equipment about 2 years ago and they just sat until I got the money to start the project. I'm cheap and did try to do as much as I could with family and friends. I learned a lot during the build. There are a tremendous amount of things I would do differently, but overall, I love it.
BBQ 1.jpg BBQ 2.jpg BBQ 3.jpg BBQ 4.jpg BBQ 5.jpg BBQ 6.jpg BBQ 7.jpg BBQ 8.jpg BBQ 9.jpg BBQ 10.jpg BBQ 11.jpg BBQ 12.jpg BBQ 13.jpg BBQ 14.jpg BBQ 15.jpg BBQ 16.jpg BBQ 17.jpg

Beerme

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, it is still a work in progress, but I am just about done if that's possible:D

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks great. Give you tons of credit for doing it yourself.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Looks like a professional did it. Pat yourself on the back. :thumbup:

poncho

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Looks like a professional did it. Pat yourself on the back. :thumbup:

I agree, i just took down 5 tree's out back and planning...i look at all of these pic's for inspiration:thumbup:

outboardrick

Reaction score
I've got a new house in Havasu that is getting close to being done and I'm wanting a set up like that. Awesome back yard :thumbup::thumbup:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Sick....I'm so ready to do something like this. I have space and options. I really like your set-up. I want a hard cover like yours. Just need to somehow figure out how I can make an extension from my covered patio onto a pad I have already. Looks good man...more pics/. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Singleton

Reaction score
Just showed the photos to my wife (big mistake), she asked why I could not do something like that. Now she has this grand idea I can build ours. Boy did that backfire on me

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Very nice.....lots of good times to come out there:thumbup::thumbup:

poncho

Reaction score
Just showed the photos to my wife (big mistake), she asked why I could not do something like that. Now she has this grand idea I can build ours. Boy did that backfire on me

Same thing here, still laughing...thanks.

Beerme

Reaction score
Lol on the wifes comments. Mine pretty much let me do what I wanted, being that I'm the bbqer, however she hates the fact that I put the fridge under the TV and in hindsight, she was right. It does look funky. Also, just found my first leak in the patio during the recent rains :smackhead Looks like it is from one of the screws at the beam, should be an easy fix.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
School me on all the steel in that masonry? Is that a California thing and is that minimum to code? The reason I ask is I have built lots of masonry in AZ where 48 inch spacing (plus corners/openings) is code on regular buildings. Did you just overkill it because you could or is this normal?

Beerme

Reaction score
School me on all the steel in that masonry? Is that a California thing and is that minimum to code? The reason I ask is I have built lots of masonry in AZ where 48 inch spacing (plus corners/openings) is code on regular buildings. Did you just overkill it because you could or is this normal?

We just overkilled it because we could. On the large bar area, we only used one row of 8 inch block and it needed to support 36 " granite on top, so we wanted to make sure it was not going to go any where. The pilasters were done to code, although they are definitely overkill for holding up a alumawood patio. I planned on doing an open beam gabled wood patio, however the budget did not allow for it in the end. I'm still very happy with the patio, although I had my first leak in it with the recent rains. I think it is just a bad washer on one of the screws into a beam which I can replace or silicone.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
That looks awesome!
I agree, congratulations on the outstanding work you have done. :thumbup:
How long did it take you to reach this level completion, was it the usual RDP 2 weeks.:D

Beerme

Reaction score
I agree, congratulations on the outstanding work you have done. :thumbup:
How long did it take you to reach this level completion, was it the usual RDP 2 weeks.:D

Haha....Started mid last year and it is still not complete. Have one more pilaster to put stacked stone on and still haven't been able to find decently priced bar stools. They want 200-500 a nice outdoor bar chair so for now we are standing or sitting on a regular chair inside when we watch something. I'm keeping my eye on craigslist for a good buy for stools.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BillyB is selling 12 barstools right now that we're pretty expensive for 100 each