WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

79 Tahiti project

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
19's are fun but tiny, sitting on versus in a boat. I have a 21 and love it, it will run over the top of HAVASU slop at 50 mph no problem.

2.5s are great motors but being advertised as never rebuilt is a bad thing cause you may be the person to do it and figure $3500 easy to do it right. Parts Are hard to find and expensive. One that has been rebuilt before would be the ticket. A rebuilt lower unit is not that big of a deal, a reasonable price in this day and age compared to a big I/o drive. I'm gonna sell mine but not till I find a DAYTONA 22 with twins. I don't like dcb's, gotta stick with elimjnator, the family is awesome.

I can never find any and when I do they don't know much on hours which makes it kind of sketchy so idk I either go with it and see what happens or hold off and stay boat less

Wadernation

Reaction score
I can never find any and when I do they don't know much on hours which makes it kind of sketchy so idk I either go with it and see what happens or hold off and stay boat less

If you do get it..i would be willing to swap motors with you..plus some cash:thumbsup

Wadernation

Reaction score
Oh ya? Haha and what motor do you have

the power head is a 2003 Carb merc 200 (2.5). the original motor was the same as the 19' you're looking at. 260 2.5. When the powerhead went years ago..the original owner swapped the power head to the 200 but kept the mid and lower off the 260..260 tuner is on there as well and sounds mean. My 21 does low/mid 70s with that set up... i have just always wanted to go back to the OG motor that came on the thing. I am just thinking out lout. something to think about if you ever go down that road.

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
the power head is a 2003 Carb merc 200 (2.5). the original motor was the same as the 19' you're looking at. 260 2.5. When the powerhead went years ago..the original owner swapped the power head to the 200 but kept the mid and lower off the 260..260 tuner is on there as well and sounds mean. My 21 does low/mid 70s with that set up... i have just always wanted to go back to the OG motor that came on the thing. I am just thinking out lout. something to think about if you ever go down that road.

Ah gotcha so this motor should be fuel Injected? But as of right now the boat does about 90 haha sounds a little scary coming from doing a blinding 50 in the last boat haha

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Ah gotcha so this motor should be fuel Injected? But as of right now the boat does about 90 haha sounds a little scary coming from doing a blinding 50 in the last boat haha

It's definitely a change, but you'll ease into it and get some stick time behind wheel, and it will feel natural.

I had driven fast boats before, but never really any cats until I bought this one. Took a little bit of an adjustment going from a v-bottom to a cat, and I don't think I will go back. Oh and that 90 MPH feels so good

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
It's definitely a change, but you'll ease into it and get some stick time behind wheel, and it will feel natural.

I had driven fast boats before, but never really any cats until I bought this one. Took a little bit of an adjustment going from a v-bottom to a cat, and I don't think I will go back. Oh and that 90 MPH feels so good

Fastest I've done was 75 in my dads new Essex I couldn't imagine what 90 feels like haha but who knows I may go look at it and not like something bout this boat still.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Fastest I've done was 75 in my dads new Essex I couldn't imagine what 90 feels like haha but who knows I may go look at it and not like something bout this boat still.

90 with your ass on the water in a 19 foot tunnel is scary as shit...........

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you do consider that trade with Wadernation, the good thing is that carbed 200 is pretty darn hard to kill and maintenance is very minimal. Specially if it's oil injected.

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;hlLZo6Cz8mM]https://youtu.be/hlLZo6Cz8mM[/video]
Here's a video of it

Wadernation

Reaction score
that thing looks really fun. little hot rod for sure. I think the 260s were 7500 RPM (the tag is still on my mid)

Wadernation

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. i would say 8/10 outboards are two strokes. (dont quote me on that)

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
Most likely Saturday, wish I could find a 21 but I haven't found any besides this one that's been for sale for a while and it's got transom issues

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Do you think they'll ban 2 strokes soon?
Doubt it. They have been talking about that forever. I think the manufacturers are transitioning away from 2 strokes so hopefully the EPA and other government bodies see that and just let the gradual phase out happen. Too bad the 4 strokes are soooooo damn heavy!!!

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
Well decided to not pull the trigger too soon on something I was iffy about, had the loan already signed and cash was in the account but guy didn't want a cashier check wanted cash wired to his account and told me he never registered the boat in his name and tags were from 2015. I'd rather wait to find a 21 Daytona that I really like and that has some hours that are known on it. Till then I'll keep my eyes open for something [emoji58]

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
IMG_4143.jpg
IMG_4144.jpg
Got a text from the new owner this weekend with these pictures of the boat, looks like he wanted an open bow and filled in a lot of different stuff on the boat.

Wadernation

Reaction score
Oh really? Let me know!

yes, walt "one-a-day" is selling the pink and teal 21'. He just picked up a newer 21 yesterday. Believe he has had it in the low 90s with that 300x. 13K

EDIT: i know he mentioned he may keep it for his Son. not sure so maybe see what he says first.

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
yes, walt "one-a-day" is selling the pink and teal 21'. He just picked up a newer 21 yesterday. Believe he has had it in the low 90s with that 300x. 13K

EDIT: i know he mentioned he may keep it for his Son. not sure so maybe see what he says first.

Ah I see well although the boats super clean the color scheme is a little crazy for me

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Well decided to not pull the trigger too soon on something I was iffy about, had the loan already signed and cash was in the account but guy didn't want a cashier check wanted cash wired to his account and told me he never registered the boat in his name and tags were from 2015. I'd rather wait to find a 21 Daytona that I really like and that has some hours that are known on it. Till then I'll keep my eyes open for something [emoji58]

which one

That rayson craft dropped to 22,500 I saw this am

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
ah dont you love it when new owners send you pix? at least yours is getting upgraded... my last mustang i sold I got a text message 3 days later with it wrapped around a telephone pole. thank god I spent countless hours polishing it, etc. :grumble:

Cgrohe223

Reaction score
ah dont you love it when new owners send you pix? at least yours is getting upgraded... my last mustang i sold I got a text message 3 days later with it wrapped around a telephone pole. thank god I spent countless hours polishing it, etc. :grumble:

Well the first text i got was I almost sunk it the first weekend I took it out so haha could be worse I guess