WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Custom/Clean Boat Trailers

Backlash

Reaction score
Post up what you have under your sled. :D

Or post up pictures of something you have seen that is Kustom, badass, or cool and different.

The "Trailer" underneath the Howard isn't worthy of any pictures whatsoever, so I am starting a thread without any pictures!

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Trailer under my pops Cole tr2 drag boat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 221

Singleton

Reaction score
Can't find photo but the owner of Bear built a kick ass trailer for his Howard

Backlash

Reaction score
Bagged, I love the fact your Pops rolls an 18' Cole on a triple! Gangster! :D

PlasterDave and SFV2RVR have raised the bar to the highest notch. Both of those trailers are absolutely unbelievable. I've tried my best to memorize both your trailer builds and your restorations...... Now if I could just find some spare change! :D

I'm glad to see some additions to this thread; lets keep it going.

Anything we can do to keep RD's car hauler question on the bottom of the stack! LMFAO

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Trailers for my 77 Sanger, built this in 95 and Spectra 20, built this in 07'.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 185
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 188

Sonic45SS

Reaction score
After a year of talking with 3 major well known trailer builders to build a full on very custom trailer for my 45 Sonic, I commissioned Myco to perform the build, and they produced probably the nicest V bottom trailer they have ever built. If its not the nicest, its a close second. There isn't anything else or much more that can go into a trailer build, less auxillary fuel tanks, which I didn't want due to hazmat issues.

The other two builders build excellent products however I didn't get the feedback or confidence I was looking for from them in what I wanted. So I flew down in March to Myco and spent almost 3 hours with Bill Tweedy, Ronnie Moran, and Don King their engineer. Bill & crew took the time and provided a tour of plant and introduced me to almost everyone, and he and their crew explained their build process and why they are better than the competition. We went over my desires and wants in the build, and I was told no problem, we can get it done. And they did, and then some. I previously had a Myco trailer and it was top notch. However my new trailer is light years ahead of my older Myco.

All I can say, is if you are looking for a custom trailer, there is only one place to go.... MYCO. Many will say they are more expensive than others, and that's true, but there is a reason for it. The quality, craftsmanship, attention to detail, materials, and customization abilities are second to none. You get what you pay for. I asked for a lot of custom and one off items, firsts, and they delivered, nailed it spot on. Dan, their production manager saw to the smallest detail was done correctly. He was on top of everything.

To start with, I received 6 sets of full on CAD drawings with complete finite details of the trailer for approval prior to the start of the build. I asked for pics of the build process and received pics and updates regularly. I added to the build also after the process started, and they had zero issues with the add ons.

Myco assembled the trailer, predrilled all holes perfectly, then disassembled the trailer and fully painted every part and piece no matter how small, then reassembled the trailer after everything was painted. There isn't one piece of the trailer that isn't covered with paint and cleared over.

In the end, the trailer I received from them is a work of art. From the materials used, the quality of the welds, attention to detail, the rigging of the onboard systems, the paint-which is full custom to match my boat and Sport Chassis, fit/finish, everything is over the top.

One of the things I have noticed over the years, is many will buy a real nice boat, and scrimp on the trailer. That's the worse thing you can do, for the integrity of support on the hull, to the outright safety for towing etc. I have also seen the same in the Tow vehicle, marginal or underrated for the task. If you want to play in this game, you need to have everything in line for the over all safety on the boat, your family and others when I tow, IMHO. There was nothing wrong with my previous tag along trailer, I just wanted a goose neck/5th wheel setup to compliment the abilities of the Sport Chassis along with some more up to date features functions and abilities my current trailer didn't provide. The current trailer will be going up for sale. Its in almost like new condition, with everything on the trailer new, with the exception of the original axels and I beams.

Im attaching several pics of the build and finished product along with specs of the trailer. It is an awesome trailer. We loaded the boat on the new trailer and it fit like a glove, zero adjustments necessary. Totally awesome build. If you want a quality product to meet and exceed your expectations- MYCO is the only place you need to seek out for your trailer needs.

Trailer Specs:
55' in Length
12" C Channel Aluminum, fully welded
All stainless hardware
Goose neck setup, changeable to 5th wheel simply by changing the slide in mount tube. They painted both to match
8 Ton Dexter Axels
Kodiak Disc Brakes On All 3 Axels
Diamond plated covered front trailer section to protect boat from road debris fly ups
Air Tight Hub Assemblies
17.5 Alcoa Mirror Polished wheels
2 Matching Alcoa Spares
5/8" Wheel Studs
Electric over hydraulic brakes
Two spare hub assemblies
4 Flag Holders, One at each Corner
Additional charging circuit wire to charge brake system battery
Continental Long Haul Heavy Trailer Tires, Load Range J. 6005 lb load capacity per tire
Custom Paint with metal flake to match the Sonic And Sport Chassis graphic colors, then cleared over
Swing Gate Drive Guard
All LED lighting with chrome bezels
Water tight shrink wrap wiring connections
3 Additional turn signals up each side of the trailer
4 strobe lights up each side of the trailer- 16 patterns
2 strobe lights on the rear swing gate- 8 patterns
Separate pattern change switches for side and rear strobes
Quad stop/turn lights on swing gate
Dual reverse flood lighting on rear swing gate
Built in 100 gallon water tank with high pressure pump
3 hose bibs for washing the boat or flushing the engines- 2 hidden under the front fender steps
Custom full length rear fender step
Fresh water brake and wheel flush- from either the onboard tank or external hose
Under hull flush mount LED lighting- Multi color, wireless remote to change colors, flash/fade patterns and rate
Boarding Ladder with flush mount LED lighting in each step
Skid Plates- in the event the trailer runs off the ramp, the knife edge plate prevent the axels from hanging up on the ramp edge
Custom Electric switch control panel- to power/control all on board systems individually
Custom dual battery boxes & deep cycle on board batteries
Two guage charging cable from the trailer to Freightliner to charge or exchange power between trailer/truck
Perko Locking power switch to kill all trailer power
Electric heavy duty bow winch with wireless and wired remote control
Electric trailer jack/landing gear- manual handle included in the event of a an electrical failure
Digital Volt Guage- Autometer
Digital Amp Guage- Autometer
Multiple D ring tie down points to secure the boat to trailer or cargo on the upper front super structure
Custom tool boxes with Polished stainless doors
All electrical system can be operated from the trailer only independent from the Sport Chassis, including all lighting.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 924
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 166
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 934
  • 041 (2).jpg
    041 (2).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 183
  • 034 (2).jpg
    034 (2).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 184
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 930
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 946
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 017 (2).jpg
    017 (2).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 036 (2).jpg
    036 (2).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 169

Backlash

Reaction score
Mouzer,

Se necesita mas agua para sus plantas.

:D

Scott E

Reaction score
Dave, any idea what the box behind the ladder is for? This trailer is awesome! Love the nice big area at the bow to get to the ladder and the power jack!

attachment.php

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Dave, any idea what the box behind the ladder is for? This trailer is awesome! Love the nice big area at the bow to get to the ladder and the power jack!

attachment.php

The box behind the ladder is for his battery and pump for the electronic over hydraulic brake system. Bear put the same system on my trailer "Hallett 240 Trailer Build" and I had a custom box built for it and tucked it in under the bow. Works great so far although my box is not as easy to access as the one you ask about.