WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Broke down 80 miles west of Vegas

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Get off of the fucking internet, gather your family around you and make some family business decisions.

You're an adult and make daily decisions involving hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Make one now!

pretty sure he is hooked to the back of a tow truck:rolleyes

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
needed cash to finish a house,... that's the fuc'd part when you build out of pocket.....when you run out of pockets no one will loan on it

Foreign concept to the GodFather. He always has a full bucket.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Coming up on stateline. Can we store the boat at your house till we figure this out? Taking the car to Nissan to hopefully fix. Dealership on 5800 w. Sahara

He said yes, he posted his phone #, call Steve.

And you help with re-fi's? LOL

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Coming up on stateline. Can we store the boat at your house till we figure this out? Taking the car to Nissan to hopefully fix. Dealership on 5800 w. Sahara

you leave the boat as long as needed I have a half acre... boat parking is covered/.. the Nissan is close to my house:thumbup:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
pretty sure he is hooked to the back of a tow truck:rolleyes

Likely truck is on the Flat bed and peeps all in the cab of the tow truck, trailer is hooked to the tow truck.

Or the trailer hitched to the truck and the truck is on the wheel lift and everyone is in the tow truck cab

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Likely truck is on the Flat bed and peeps all in the cab of the tow truck, trailer is hooked to the tow truck.

Or the trailer hitched to the truck and the truck is on the wheel lift and everyone is in the tow truck cab

Car is on flat bed and boat is beimg towed behind

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sucks....we had a very similar program a while back towing out to moab Utah. Broke down in Vegas and my dad rented a shit box regular cab f150 from u haul and we kept on trucking. That little v8 did ok but the weight of the truck and brakes were a little scary towing 6,000lbs without electric brakes...haha

Steve offered up the same program to us....good dude

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Jason isn't really part of the used car program. I think that's a stretch to think he can get a sub out to Vegas on this type of timeline. Maybe Carmax for a fair deal.

tkrrox

Reaction score
This sucks. On the night before leaving Powell I noticed radiator fluid in the ground. Ran all over page looking for a replacement or a welder. No one was open on a weekend but with a little $$$ I was able to convince a welder to put in his hood and fix it. Now putting in a radiator on the beach in 100+ weather sucked but we got her done. Good luck.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Sucks, sounds like everything is working out!

Where were you headed, Mohave, Mead, Powell, or back home to SD?

2FF = :thumbup:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hi Joe...2005 Armada. All sorts of issues coming to the surface. The 5.6 shld be able to pull my boat no problem.

I had a 2006 and sold it with 120K miles on it. Never had a problem towing boat or any problem with it for that matter. We have a 2014 Armada now and it does great, especially with the leveling bags.

I was asking what happened because I had an 05 Titan and hit 90K miles towing up the grapevine to Buena Vista and blew out the rear end. The early model Titans had weak rear ends so I was crossing my fingers that you didn't have that problem because it took Nissan a week to fix it.

Hopefully it isn't anything major and they can get you back on the road to Powell, I am really sorry to hear that you have a broken down Nissan. :(

If you need anything let me know, but sounds like you got a lot of help!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. :tbi :tbi to 2Ff

boatpi

Reaction score
If 2F does not have enough boat storage area, I am at my house off I-15 at Sahara. I have 40' X 18' wide behind locked gates.

boatpi

Reaction score
Oh, and I have Shocktop on ice too..... Glad it worked out. I pm u with my cell. When u get it dropped I'll be at Rebel nation Sports Bar on Sahara & Valley View in CVS center. Cold beer and kick ass burgers.

My 40' storage gate is open now if u need it. 2720 La Solana Way, 2 blocks off of Sahara and I-15, Rancho and Okey

FlatNv

Reaction score
Oh, and I have Shocktop on ice too..... Glad it worked out. I pm u with my cell. When u get it dropped I'll be at Rebel nation Sports Bar on Sahara & Valley View in CVS center. Cold beer and kick ass burgers.

My 40' storage gate is open now if u need it. 2720 La Solana Way, 2 blocks off of Sahara and I-15, Rancho and Okey

can you put shock top in backyard:D

OP.. looks like your covered by other locals, if need anything post up my office/yard is Wynn / Trop plenty room too.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Awesome to see so many offer to help some one in a bad spot! Good on all that offered a hand.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
A HUGE thanks to Steve 2ff for saving our collective butts. I am going to swill several beers and tell the story when I can collect myself a little more. My many thanks to all of you that so graciously lent a hand or offered your assistance.

Singleton

Reaction score
A HUGE thanks to Steve 2ff for saving our collective butts. I am going to swill several beers and tell the story when I can collect myself a little more. My many thanks to all of you that so graciously lent a hand or offered your assistance.

Steve takes a lot of shit on the boards, but he is always the first to help. When my son was in the hospital in Denver, he offered to drive down to San Diego and take care of anything around the house for us. That shows me how much of a good guy he is!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
well the bad news.....the motors toast.... the thermostat stuck... motor melted down... oil all over the boat... inside motor parts try'n to get out...
the good new is those kids are getting to powel one way or another... they have a truck coming..if that doesn't happen... they can take my van..:thumbup:

if that doesn't happen I will load them up in my new motorhome and drive them there...;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
well the bad news.....the motors toast.... the thermostat stuck... motor melted down... oil all over the boat... inside motor parts try'n to get out...
the good new is those kids are getting to powel one way or another... they have a truck coming..if that doesn't happen... they can take my van..:thumbup:

if that doesn't happen I will load them up in my new motorhome and drive them there...;)

2FF. YOU DA MAN

AZBrummett21

It's a Brummett
Reaction score

Can't ask for more than that... Cool.

havasubum

Reaction score
Hi Joe...2005 Armada. All sorts of issues coming to the surface. The 5.6 shld be able to pull my boat no problem.

If you can work out a deal at Selman on a new rig, give me a call I can drop the car of to you in Vegas tomorrow night. I have some friends out there right now and could get a ride back with them so I'll have a ride home. Let me know if this helps.

949-813-9300

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

I call shotgun.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

^^^^^ This is awesome [emoji106]

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
the good new is those kids are getting to powel one way or another... they have a truck coming..if that doesn't happen... they can take my van..[emoji106]

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

PVHCA

Reaction score
Sorry Phil...my sense of humor is long gone right now. :(

I can imagine, sorry buddy!!

Not worried. He will get more for me than I paid for it. Lol

Sense of humor back, LOL

Steve takes a lot of shit on the boards, but he is always the first to help. When my son was in the hospital in Denver, he offered to drive down to San Diego and take care of anything around the house for us. That shows me how much of a good guy he is!

Steve is a very good man, has odd ways of expressing his views every now and then and can go sideways but in all the years on this forum I've never seen a more obliging man, he seems to always be willing to step up and help, no matter the distance.

Hope Tamale enjoys the rest of the trip.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I can imagine, sorry buddy!!

Sense of humor back, LOL

Steve is a very good man, has odd ways of expressing his views every now and then and can go sideways but in all the years on this forum I've never seen a more obliging man, he seems to always be willing to step up and help, no matter the distance.

Hope Tamale enjoys the rest of the trip.
Guaranteed. My fil bought a truck last night and is bringing it out to us today. Dude should have a cape with as many times as he saved our butts. We will buy the truck from him. Again...huge shout out to Steve. Wouldnt accept a tank of gas or case of beer. He also graciously stored our boat at his house to keep all of our belongings safe. Drove us all over Vegas and was as accomodating in every way possible. I thank you.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Guaranteed. My fil bought a truck last night and is bringing it out to us today. Dude should have a cape with as many times as he saved our butts. We will buy the truck from him. Again...huge shout out to Steve. Wouldnt accept a tank of gas or case of beer. He also graciously stored our boat at his house to keep all of our belongings safe. Drove us all over Vegas and was as accomodating in every way possible. I thank you.

May have been a Godsend to break down where you did.
So did the FIL buy this truck for himself or for you? Good on him:thumbup::thumbup:
Steve will always be more than accommodating to help someone out :thumbup:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Great new. This is the way to help out. [emoji106] [emoji106]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Cliffs notes...

Steve is the man :thumbup::D

Never buy a Nissan :rolleyes :D

Yes, Steve is the MAN!! Great job 2FF :D

I have seen more threads about other brands breaking down than I can count on 2 hands....................and this is the first one with a Nissan :rolleyes