WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I cut the cord

rvrmom

Reaction score
Damn that felt good to tell Verizon to stuff it... well at least partially I still have their internet LOL.

I really starting thinking about how we watch tv and the truth is I watch tv like I did as a kid in the 70's... Certain nights at certain i.e. ABC's lineup on Thursday nights and Ry and I love watching the Goldbergs, The Middle on Wednesdays. I also just watch alot of news when I'm getting ready in the morning. So for about a week every time I switched the tv on I thought ok do I need cable and the answer was a big fat no.

I've read all the threads about the Magic box and different streaming options and thought it seemed like a gigantic PITA. Well it's not lol.

So I went and got an antenna for all the tv's..work's like a champ and for right now I'm using Ry's old WII consule in the front room and been streaming Hulu which I like alot. I'm going to get a Roku now. I've been told the interface is great.

I kept Verizon on for about a week to see if my set up worked and I liked it...it did :)

So yesterday I called Verizon and canceled. My bill went from 220 a month to 54.99. I'm still gonna call and bitch about that though lol. Initially it was 85.00 and I hung up the phone and called sales/retention and they lowered it to 54.99. 50/50.

I've ran a couple speed tests and I'm a pretty solid 25/25. I'm actually pretty surprised it's synchronous. So they get to hear from me in the am again lol

<<<<<< feeling pretty proud of herself :D

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
There is some really good content on over the air tv. Give it a try. :thumbup:

rvrmom

Reaction score
There is some really good content on over the air tv. Give it a try. :thumbup:

Wheeler, you've met me.. you know I'm blonde lol. Spell it out man lol I googled this over the air tv...nada is this a website? I tried that too...:)

Ryphraph

Reaction score
Wheeler, you've met me.. you know I'm blonde lol. Spell it out man lol I googled this over the air tv...nada is this a website? I tried that too...:)

If you are using antennas, you already have it...

Ryph

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

He's talking about free, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, WB. Stuff you can get with an antenna.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My whole family (siblings and mom) are on the Roku thing. They love it, but my mom lives two doors down and comes over and gets glued to the TV for updated news though. I might do the same thing soon, but have a hard time with outdated news or extremely liberal news sources.

rvrmom

Reaction score
oh geez LMAO ok I am watching over the air tv. :D I'm watching CBS now.

<<< was not lying about being blonde...case in point lol

You now can see why I'm pretty damn proud hahaha

rvrmom

Reaction score
My whole family (siblings and mom) are on the Roku thing. They love it, but my mom lives two doors down and comes over and gets glued to the TV for updated news though. I might do the same thing soon, but have a hard time with outdated news or extremely liberal news sources.

The only news I watch is KTLA Ch.5 in the morning when I'm getting ready and I like to watch it in bed before I doze off. AKA over the air tv LOL!

Ryphraph

Reaction score
I did the same thing. I have 2 OTA antennas and 2 HP Chromeboxes loaded with software like the Magic Box. I started with a Magic Box but followed the directions in a post here on RDP to set up my own. Not 100% as convenient as cable/DVR but I am saving around $200/month.

Ryph

C-2

Reaction score
Good for you. The streaming stuff seems confusing at first, but it's really not.

I will be ditching Direct TV soon, just have to figure out where all the Live TV addons are, and get a Chrombox instead of the stick.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't bother with the roku rvrmom just step up to either a magic box or another kodi alternative.. You will never look back. I gave my roku away.