Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Just hit the walk off series sweeper:thumbup:

Sorry Halos fans, it's the year of the Astros "Kids".......:D

Richard.E

Reaction score
It's just one series!
Pretty much our worst pitcher dueled pitch for pitch with Kazmir. (Screw him btw, he was terrible with the Angels.)

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol....poor Angels.....Lastros just bitch slapped them out of that first place spot and took it back. We'll see if the Doyers can sprinkle some more salt this weekend. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Good thing the Angels picked up all them outfielders to chase all the balls getting slapped on their pitching. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Lol....poor Angels.....Lastros just bitch slapped them out of that first place spot and took it back. We'll see if the Doyers can sprinkle some more salt this weekend. :D
Relax. They are up only 1 game in the loss column. They have 6 games in Sept. And the Astros just traded for a has been outfielder. :D

Richard.E

Reaction score
Good thing the Angels picked up all them outfielders to chase all the balls getting slapped on their pitching. :D

You better hope Kershaw can learn how to pitch against the Cards. Surprised they grabbed Latos instead of big name pitcher. Latos only experience in the playoffs is blowing the wild card game against the Giants in 2012.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
You better hope Kershaw can learn how to pitch against the Cards. Surprised they grabbed Latos instead of big name pitcher. Latos only experience in the playoffs is blowing the wild card game against the Giants in 2012.

No shit......we pick up 3 ok pitchers instead of one more top pitcher. :rolleyes Doesn't surprise me. Missed the boat on Price IMO. Kershaw is starting to pick up momentum.....hopefully this will be the year it comes in the postseason.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not too worried...Trout's out but will be back. Lots of ball to play still.

Giants just traded for Mike Leake.
I can't figure out what the Doyers are doing.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

I can.....the same old bullshit. Lol..

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Relax. They are up only 1 game in the loss column. They have 6 games in Sept. And the Astros just traded for a has been outfielder. :D

The Astros have been the league doormat for a number of years, but this team isn't those teams. We haven't had them available on TV for several years until this year. So the timing is right to see a team most of Houston had written off again, turn out to be a team of young talent playing hard and having fun. And they know how to win. They expect to win. And they pick each other up. Never underestimate young talent having fun and expecting to win. Confidence will most often prevail......

This series sweep was not a fluke and though "you" fans may not realize it, the rest of baseball that has to play these guys know from firsthand experience, the Astros are real and they play hard.

Kazmir has come home and he's pitched 2 strong games, plus leads the league in ERA. They have strong arms on a productive staff with a Cy Young candidate that started the All Star game no less. They score runs and hit home runs at key times. Great defense, great team speed, and they have a deep and active bench.

Trout was back last night, rusty, but the 'Stros pitched him well.

I don't know how much the "has been" outfielder will help, but I know that the injured outfielder, George Springer will be back soon, and he's been their best player for several years outside of Altuve. Speaking of Altuve, this little guy is the real deal and just might be the best 2nd baseman in baseball. Factor that in with the high draft pick rookie shortstop Correa, and the 'Stros possibly have the best keystone combo in the game. Plus they just got their veteran 3rd baseman back last night.

The Angels are good, but the Astros are for real and this sweep was no fluke from a team that's just getting started. By the way, that outfield is deep with talent and the news has been, this leaves it open to maybe making another deal today.