WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Slight Oxidation Removal.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So my entire boat has been regelled with the exception of the strip in between the nonskid. Under fluorescent lights you can see a slight haze starting to build up there. You really can't see it in the sun. For some reason fluorescent lighting shows every imperfection.

So here's a shot. If you get the glare just right you can see it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438320457.688580.jpg

Outdrive1

Reaction score
So before I break out compound and a buffer and make a mess of everything I figured I'd start by hand with some products. Dave gave me some gel gloss, his favorite, and some Ducky Renew Cleaner Wax. I have Pro Sauce and Quickie Sauce.

Quickie Sauce and Pro Sauce haven't made a dent in it. I've waxed it with both prior to today.

I started with the Gel Gloss. No difference.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Ducky was next. Followed the directions. Small circles. Buff until dry. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438320822.312119.jpg

Here is the result.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438320916.591620.jpg

Better but not gone. Now you really have to be at the perfect angle to see it.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Seriously ill be paying attention. My boat needs some serious love and I'd like to try something myself until I can afford for a professional to work on it.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
So I started rummaging through my garage. I had some Metal Wax kit I bought. I figured what the hell.

Tried the Top Wax.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438321129.814126.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438321090.006995.jpg

Almost perfect.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
So then I went back and did the whole boat in the Ducky since I only had a tiny bottle of the Top Wax stuff.

Pay dirt. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438321301.809745.jpg

Outdrive1

Reaction score
So the Ducky wasn't really aggressive enough to cut it, but the shine is really nice. It did a nice job cleaning the soot and water spots off the transom. It's also really easy to use and wipes off with minimal effort. The top wax worked better, however it dries like a fine paste and would be a bitch to get off the entire boat.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I'd still like to try some more cleaner waxes.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Try #20 sometime, been using it since 88' on over 30 different boats. It has a cleaner aspect to it even though not advertised. I've had other detailers debate me over Teflon yellowing gel coats over time but have yet to see one that did.

image.jpg
#9 swirl remover can be used first by hand or machine and does a great job filling in small imperfections. Meguiar's products are always on the conservative side for being forgiving, great products to start with fwiw.
Tr image.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously ill be paying attention. My boat needs some serious love and I'd like to try something myself until I can afford for a professional to work on it.

i think the thread I did on my schiada got moved in ot here....honestly it was not as hard as I thought it would be.

Ducky

Reaction score
So the Ducky wasn't really aggressive enough to cut it, but the shine is really nice. It did a nice job cleaning the soot and water spots off the transom. It's also really easy to use and wipes off with minimal effort. The top wax worked better, however it dries like a fine paste and would be a bitch to get off the entire boat.

Outdrive1,

Sorry i didn't see earlier. A buffing wheel with the Ducky "Renew Cleaner Wax" probably would have done the trick. That would be the next step in getting a more aggressive cut or finish. The beauty of Renew is it can be used by hand or machine, in fact "Renew" is what Nordic Boats uses after compounding a new boat out of the mold, by machine, to remove any fine swirls while leaving a waxed and glazed surface, it is a great finishing product. Renew also serves as a good base coat to make clean up (wipe-down) easier. I am glad you used Ducky Renew Cleaner Wax to finish up the rest of your boat. Thank you for the kind words.

DUCKY PRODUCTS, INC. IS PROUD TO HAVE NORDIC BOATS USA USING THE DUCKY BRAND ON ALL NEW BOAT BUILDS!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Outdrive1,

Sorry i didn't see earlier. A buffing wheel with the Ducky "Renew Cleaner Wax" probably would have done the trick. That would be the next step in getting a more aggressive cut or finish. The beauty of Renew is it can be used by hand or machine, in fact "Renew" is what Nordic Boats uses after compounding a new boat out of the mold, by machine, to remove any fine swirls while leaving a waxed and glazed surface, it is a great finishing product. Renew also serves as a good base coat to make clean up (wipe-down) easier. I am glad you used Ducky Renew Cleaner Wax to finish up the rest of your boat. Thank you for the kind words.

DUCKY PRODUCTS, INC. IS PROUD TO HAVE NORDIC BOATS USA USING THE DUCKY BRAND ON ALL NEW BOAT BUILDS!

I loaned my buffer to RD do he could try it also. What type of pad would you recommend with it?

Ducky

Reaction score
I loaned my buffer to RD do he could try it also. What type of pad would you recommend with it?

If it is high speed buffer and you are skilled you can you wool polishing pad otherwise use appropriate foam pad for polishing. the colors, on the pads, vary from mfg. to mfg. but the label on the pad will usually say what it is for. We will be supplying pads soon and i will be able to make a more precise recommendation.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So this is what I have.. Which one do I use for light oxidation removal and scratch removal?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439371017.322898.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439371037.256338.jpg

Black says finishing and blue is ultra finishing.

They both have a "texture" to them.. Is that going to matter?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439371086.697392.jpg

If these are the wrong pads I can go and get something else.

Ducky

Reaction score
So this is what I have.. Which one do I use for light oxidation removal and scratch removal?

View attachment 426543

View attachment 426544

Black says finishing and blue is ultra finishing.

They both have a "texture" to them.. Is that going to matter?

View attachment 426545

If these are the wrong pads I can go and get something else.

You might look for a white or orange pad. either way it will say "compound or finishing" you can try the Blk one and see what you get? never hurts to try. you will feel the difference in the firmness of the foam.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
If you know what your doing with a buffer-

2 steps

1. Cut with wool pad ours are white wool
2. Polish with SMALLER foam pad ours would be a blue or gray

As you reduce your pad size you will help with swirls.

P&S detail products. Google them. I've been using a process for 10 years.

Look for Clear Cut 2 and Full Throttle for polish
Best most efficient products out there.

This is what the pros use!!

To finish it, best Protectants I've ever used, and I've tried a ton

1- P&S Challenger Boat wax
2- Driven Marine Polish

Hammer

Reaction score
Shit I missed this thread[emoji106]🏻

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Try Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. It will take light oxidation like that off by hand. I use that stuff for everything now.. Cleaning up headlights on the car, light scratches on the boat from the cover, I even used it on our dining room table with great results.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am going to come back and try some of the advice in this thread. I have been using the Ducky renew with good results, and the Pbc compounds etc..