WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jet pump

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I don't have a smart ass comment to add to this thread. :( Jet pumps are very reliable but they do eventually need maintenance. Impeller to wear ring clearance can become an issue and performance will suffer if that clearance is too great. Signs will be higher engine rpm's than normal depending on what impeller is in the pump. The bushing in the bowl and the shaft can wear resulting in excessive shaft play. The thrust bearing can also wear out. Most jet boats won't go 100 mph unless they have some serious hp. My heavy Spectra can only do about 63 mph on gps with a Berkeley E pump and 425 hp.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
I don't have a smart ass comment to add to this thread. :( Jet pumps are very reliable but they do eventually need maintenance. Impeller to wear ring clearance can become an issue and performance will suffer if that clearance is too great. Signs will be higher engine rpm's than normal depending on what impeller is in the pump. The bushing in the bowl and the shaft can wear resulting in excessive shaft play. The thrust bearing can also wear out. Most jet boats won't go 100 mph unless they have some serious hp. My heavy Spectra can only do about 63 mph on gps with a Berkeley E pump and 425 hp.

Thanks for the info glad to see there are still some guys out there that will help out. Thanks again

rush1

Reaction score
20170304_101837.jpg 20170304_123327.jpg Or any unusual noise, I just rebuilt my pump last weekend there not hard to do, mine was really shot had to replace the bowl because I lost the bushings and it oblonged the bowl where the bushings press in, had to replace the shaft also

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If your RPM's go up and your speed stays the same or goes down.