WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealing with Geico. A nightmare

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Two of our cars were hit and totaled by a Geico insured drunk driver.
Geico gave us the run around and have been terrible to deal with.
Our wrecked Regal sat in front of our house for several weeks.

We went to the DAs office and got a compensation order sent to Geico on the advice of a friend and it put a fire under Geicos ass.
An hour later a tow truck arrived.

kNqlpXT.jpg

The police and friends told us Geico is a really crappy company to deal with and they were right.

Our truck she totaled is being handled by our insurance company AAA and they have been fantastic.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent tip Ross. Compensation order....something I did not know about.

Wish you the best with all this.

Reactions: TPC

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Was planning on calling them this week for a quote lol. Crisis averted. I heard AAA was awesome but unfortunately they just can't quote me something I'm comfortable with. I will try again when I can as I am a huge fan of great customer service.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent tip Ross. Compensation order....something I did not know about.

Wish you the best with all this.

Thanks.

The official legal term is: "Order of Restitution".
Hold that thought if you hit by a Geico driver.

Andy01

Reaction score
Great thread and great advice. Gieco is the number one company I here people complain about with claim services. Mostly hear it at boat shows and events like that.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
document everything that happens (or doesn't) . From the time the accident happened, all the way thru to being resolved .

Hand written notes as to time and whom you spoke to on the phone, photos, best of all TRY to correspond with Geico in Emails only, so you have a record of what they are telling you, every day . List all time and money you spend dealing with this claim . (demand to be repaid for losses)

Often adjusters will 'say anything' on the phone, but will not 'put that statement in writing' . As the Lies and BS compound, mention the term 'dealing in bad faith', "you are dealing with me in bad faith" . It is an 'illegal action' on their part, if you can prove it .

When they start to 'drag their feet', just contact the 'State Insurance Commissioner's office' and file a complaint .
That always puts a 'fire under their asses' .

I've been on both sides of these problems ......

Yellowboat

Reaction score
the only worse is USAA if you are not a member... lets just say I have sued them twice for bad faith.

CobraDave

Reaction score
the only worse is USAA if you are not a member... lets just say I have sued them twice for bad faith.

That sucks to hear. I've been with USAA for almost 15 years. Only one claim through them so I honestly can't say how well they handle things.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I think any and all insurance is a joke and ripoff. They are great until u need them. [emoji107]

Yellowboat

Reaction score
That sucks to hear. I've been with USAA for almost 15 years. Only one claim through them so I honestly can't say how well they handle things.

your a member they will treat you very well, just hope you never hit some one that's not.