WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OCM Offshore Custom Marine Lake Havasu City AZ

PVHCA

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing.. LOL We are an LLC because of the Enduro and I buy everything through our biz account.. I guess that's gotta stop now.

RD

Ah ya, take that down, evidence.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ah ya, take that down, evidence.

I'm not dealing with other peoples money and selling boats Phil.. I don't need escrow accounts and commissions etc.. LOL

The only possible outcome to that is "if" someone gets killed in the Enduro and maybe I'm slightly more exposed then I would've been had I talked to Shintooo. I'm not sure with the race being 5-6 weeks away that it would matter now.

RD

doubleeagle

Reaction score
I just got a E Mail from the Gov. of Ohio and if I don't quit trying to send him there They are coming to Oklahoma roll my ass up and lose me in the system. :D I don't think they even want him. :p

Enen

Reaction score
I heard this afternoon that Tim is gathering signatures on some petition that basically says "You won't buy a boat from me because of RiverDavesPlace.com"

RD

You are saying that Tim is contacting his customers and asking them to sign something that says they won't do business with him because of this website? I repeated your statement because this has to be one of the single dumbest things I have ever heard.

He is contacting people and bringing attention to the threads about his business acumen as detailed on this website? That blows my mind.

If I were a prospect and was asked that question, the first thing I would do is look up OCM on River Daves Place. If I was uncomfortable moving forward with OCM prior to that, I most certainly wouldn't after reading members first hand experiences detailed on this thread.

Let me describe that in another manner to clarify just how stupid that is....

Lets say you were at a bar and ran into a chick you had been pursuing. Maybe she hasn't given you the time of day yet. Would you walk up to her and ask " There is an article about me on The Dirty that says I have an STD, is that the reason you wont hook up with me?" If she wasn't interested before, she sure as hell wouldn't be after that.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
She does all the books down there, and writes every check that comes out of that place.

Tim will flat tell people (and has many times) Wife isn't here and the checkbook is locked in the office upstairs. I'm not sure how it would be possible for her not to be completely informed and on board.

RD
For me that's about as believable as the statement that was made (and I'll paraphrase here) "I can't check my balance online because it takes both of us to sign on.......like who over the age of 12 would really believe that :smackhead

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
For me that's about as believable as the statement that was made (and I'll paraphrase here) "I can't check my balance online because it takes both of us to sign on.......like who over the age of 12 would really believe that :smackhead
Yeah, that was notable too. [emoji106]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You are saying that Tim is contacting his customers and asking them to sign something that says they won't do business with him because of this website? I repeated your statement because this has to be one of the single dumbest things I have ever heard.

He is contacting people and bringing attention to the threads about his business acumen as detailed on this website? That blows my mind.

If I were a prospect and was asked that question, the first thing I would do is look up OCM on River Daves Place. If I was uncomfortable moving forward with OCM prior to that, I most certainly wouldn't after reading members first hand experiences detailed on this thread.

Lets say you were at a bar and ran into a chick you had been pursuing. Maybe she hasn't given you the time of day yet. Would you walk up to her and ask " There is an article about me on The Dirty that says I have an STD, is that the reason you wont hook up with me?" If she wasn't interested before, she sure as hell wouldn't be after that.

That is what I was told..

TeamGreene

Reaction score

The same people that believe "I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for emails instead of two"

Sandlord

Reaction score
I heard this afternoon that Tim is gathering signatures on some petition that basically says "You won't buy a boat from me because of RiverDavesPlace.com"

While this seems so ridiculously stupid to me (Because you are telling your customers to not buy a boat from you?) I would like to take a second to address it.

Yes Tim, THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!! Had you conducted your business stand up on any level, then right now you would be in the process of rebuilding your reputation right now. When you sent fake confirmations of a wire transfer, a bogus Federal #, and a bum check etc.. Then things go exactly the opposite way, but either way it went the story was gonna get told.

The point that you are missing is The website is not the reason that people won't buy a boat from you. The reason people won't buy a boat from you is because of your lack of integrity as a whole. It is the fake wire transfers, the checks in the mail, the Fed Ex'ing of bum checks, the constant and forever "paper work mistakes", The not sending of titles, the delay of payments and on and on. The website is just the medium that people have been made aware of SOME (Not everything has come out yet) these things. Had you not done them in the first place then it wouldn't be a problem.

As for your petition, I can get you 15+ thousand signatures of people that won't buy a boat from you. Who would after reading what you did? (and apparently have been doing for quite sometime! by the more and more PM's and phone calls that have been coming in daily)

You have all my lawyers contact information if you'd like to try some bogus lawsuit. You are going to lose (and badly) though because it is not libelous if it is the truth. I will ask Joe Belt, Kurt, and Detective Fuller to be my witnesses, and they will confirm every word of it 100%, and then some.

I'm not sure if I can get my hands on it, but if I can I would also submit the roughly 400 Page report that was just submitted to the County Attorney to prosecute you as well. (Yeah just a couple of minor incidents here and there... 400 pages?? WTF??)

RD

is he going after the newspaper too?
I wont buy a boat from him because of the news reports regarding his troubles paying people in Oregon and Arizona.

he should change his name. maybe to Hillary, because everytime he opens it he says some more unbeliefable bullshit.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
To elaborate on Shintooos post, entities like Corps and Limited Liability Companies are their own entities and their books must be kept separate. Think of them as another person who has their own books and their own tax return, apart from your own.

As a sole proprietor there is no requirement for separate books but it just makes it easier. But at the end of the day someone has to determine what is a business expense and what is not. You have one return with a separate business schedule.

One other thing to mention is that limited liability protection does not protect someone in the case of fraud.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I'm not dealing with other peoples money and selling boats Phil.. I don't need escrow accounts and commissions etc.. LOL

The only possible outcome to that is "if" someone gets killed in the Enduro and maybe I'm slightly more exposed then I would've been had I talked to Shintooo. I'm not sure with the race being 5-6 weeks away that it would matter now.

RD

That is the designed intention IMO RD. In this case w/o one you can't really have a race and perhaps insurance may even require it.

They are not free either.

This gathering of signatures against RDP is silly. He needs to add the Police Dept, the local paper who printed the article we all read...etc.

I think the most logical thing would be to try out the east coat and wear that out.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
One other thing to mention, is that limited liability protection does not protect someone in the case of fraud.

I was going to comment this in my last post but work got in the way. Your not protected from IRS statutes of limitations either if fraud is involved.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Talk about shooting the messenger.

If the news reports that the stock market is down, would Tim blame the news for causing the drop?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Once a scumbag always a scumbag. Not surprised that he isnt going to try and sue someone. Bet he tries to get money from lost revenue. In other words, I could have sold every boat on my lot if it wasnt for RDP.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Once a scumbag always a scumbag. Not surprised that he isnt going to try and sue someone. Bet he tries to get money from lost revenue. In other words, I could have sold every boat on my lot if it wasnt for RDP.

He should be thanking RD for preventing him from getting punched in the face. [emoji109][emoji109]

Magic34

Reaction score

So the guy scrapes together funds to get out of this mess, probably emptied accounts to do so or got a loan. No attorney will take this on contingency, and I don't know any lawyers in Havasu but I doubt they take IOUs written on napkins. However, small town, so maybe they'll do it for french fries.

Dragging this out and increasing his costs on this one would be so easy. Anyone who claims "you'll hear from my lawyer" hasn't been through a big one yet and will crap at the retainer of a legit case.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
So the guy scrapes together funds to get out of this mess, probably emptied accounts to do so or got a loan. No attorney will take this on consignment, and I don't know any lawyers in Havasu but I doubt they take IOUs written on napkins. However, small town, so maybe they'll do it for french fries.

Dragging this out and increasing his costs on this one would be so easy. Anyone who claims "you'll hear from my lawyer" hasn't been through a big one yet and will crap at the retainer of a legit case.

I believe you mean "contingency" not "consignment".

As far as a lawsuit goes, the press started on OCM months ago. If the fact were true, there is no libel/slander. Instead this is directed directly at RDP. You have to actually show a court that you lost business due to statements built on lies. He will have to show his cash flow and loss of cash flow after this thread started. Again, this case only holds water if the statements that hurt his business were lies. If they were truth, there is no case.

I can only imagine the energy is directed at Dave because either A) this site actually produced larger media than the paper, B) Tim has made this personal with Dave as Dave made it personal with him. This site is the only microphone any burnt buyer or seller has as far as "buyer/seller beware" is concerned since the paper didn't seem to scare anyone off.

In the end, a few threads were started by members here months ago that were having problems with their experience at OCM. Though they were "Broomed" and "Locked" by Dave, they were started in this forum because these customers used the RDP site to warn others about this business and probably were hoping RDP's volume audience would help them battle or close their issue with OCM by bringing the problem to spotlight.

All of this would be looked at and any right headed attorney would know it's a losing case. Nobody would take this case on a contingency based on those events. An attorney that wanted to collect a retainer might take it to make money though. Then the parties being sued would have to pay legal fees to battle it. Happens all the time in frivolous lawsuits.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So the guy scrapes together funds to get out of this mess, probably emptied accounts to do so or got a loan. No attorney will take this on consignment, and I don't know any lawyers in Havasu but I doubt they take IOUs written on napkins. However, small town, so maybe they'll do it for french fries.

I went through a 50 mil deal 14 years ago. We had a pair of Litigators. Lasted a week in Fed Court in Las Vegas. Plus all the Deps and prep. $200k attorney fees but no problem we countered for that. We prevailed and the plaintiff BK'd his LLC. That deal closed our last business basically.

Goal in life for me is to never be put in the spot to hire another.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Doesn't cost much money to file a lawsuit pro se.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Sounds like a good defamation case to me. RD ended his world in like 3 days

Enen

Reaction score
I doubt any claim OCM makes would survive a summary judgement. You could always counter sue, and sanction his attorney.

Sandlord

Reaction score
It would be funnier if you were sue him because his petition is hurting your business reputation. :D

(not that it is, but the last thing that douche needs is another lawsuit)

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I'm going to sue all of you bastards for lost productivity...I couldn't stop watching the train wreck unfold each and every time a new post went up.

:lmao no shit Huh?!

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Sounds like a good defamation case to me. RD ended his world in like 3 days

Im going to sue you because you don't know that defamation of character has to be a case built upon lies.....:D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Im going to sue you because you don't know that defamation of character has to be a case built upon lies.....:D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440641519.771974.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I doubt any claim OCM makes would survive a summary judgement. You could always counter sue, and sanction his attorney.

Bingo.. If it comes to that.. I don't see his lawyer advising him to proceed with that though being that both parties involved would verify.. And a cop can show a pattern over a year. If he did have any assets I would own them before its all over.

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
Very happy to hear the 2 got paid....been watching and reading this read like an addict on crack....guess I can drive home from work a bit slower now....:D

Magic34

Reaction score
I went through a 50 mil deal 14 years ago. We had a pair of Litigators. Lasted a week in Fed Court in Las Vegas. Plus all the Deps and prep. $200k attorney fees but no problem we countered for that. We prevailed and the plaintiff BK'd his LLC. That deal closed our last business basically.

Goal in life for me is to never be put in the spot to hire another.

Exactly. I've been through 2 and won both. #1... hit the bank accounts, got $800. Paid my attorney $10k. I won but really lost. #2 was defending my biz against a bogus claim for non-compete. Filed sanctions, won those and that made them drop the case. $40k in attorney fees. Won in court, lost in the pocket.

milkmoney

Reaction score
As all these stories unfold. I sit here wondering why someone has physically hurt this guy. ? Eventually you will cross the wrong person after doing so many bad business transactions [emoji107]

DC-88

Reaction score
As all these stories unfold. I sit here wondering why someone has physically hurt this guy. ? Eventually you will cross the wrong person after doing so many bad business transactions [emoji107]

Havasu isn't that big of a place lol. In our area in approx 2009 there were some classic confrontations between shady developers/ hard money borrowers/ subcontractors etc. You know the drill, everyone is out at a concert or dinner/drinks at one of the 5 good local places and before long the tension boils over it's on like donkey kong

PVHCA

Reaction score

Comes down to not giving the POS the satisfaction of having you arrested and a potential lawsuit.

The pussy who fucked me over was lucky his wife and partner got him the fuck out of my presence or I would have absolutely kicked his ass.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Comes down to not giving the POS the satisfaction of having you arrested and a potential lawsuit.

The pussy who fucked me over was lucky his wife and partner got him the fuck out of my presence or I would have absolutely kicked his ass.

Oh I understand that especially if you have 60k owed or a boat. There is always that one guy that says fuck it and can and finds him somewhere

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score

Sounds like that's his normal practice. Obviously that's the way he does business.

Complaint: My husband ******* ******* and I had known *** at Oreogn Custom Marine for several years. We decided to sell our boat and contacted *** to have it on consignment at the Lake Havasu, AZ location. We paid $900 to have it shipped there to sell. It took him over 2 years to sell this boat. July 4th weekend we received a call from a gentlemen in New Mexico stating that he had purchased the boat from *** and he had possession of the boat for approximately 2 weeks. We had NO idea the boat had sold. There was NO communication from *** to let us know. I immediately contact *** to ask why we weren't advised the boat had sold. I asked him what the process to get the boat paid off and take off the insurance on the boat. He advised me he had 30 days to get this all taken care of per the consignment paperwork. As an owner of the boat, I never signed the consignment document, only my husband did. *** advised he would need to order a payoff. We called a week later to find out what the update was, we said he was unable to get a payoff from *******. I immediately called ********, got the payoff within 2 days and sent it to him. Last week, October 7th we received a call from *** **** about payment on the boat. We advised them that the payoff was supposed to have been sent to them per Oregon Custom Marine. *** said he sent it and they were looking into this. My husband did a conference call with *** **** and *** and *** said he was looking into it. In the mean time his lack of business practices is unprofessional and he doesn't care about customers credit. This is now going to be a "late" payment on our credit report. Credit is something very important to us as we don't have any lates on our credit until *** suppossedly sent the payoff to *** ***** *** also had promised us for 2 weeks that he sent the difference in the payoff to what would be our portion. We continuely had to call him over and over to get the check he owed to us. He kept telling us that it was in the mail. 3 weeks later, we received the check from him. *** is a liar and it sounds to me that he clearly didn't send the check to *** ***** I will be following up with them today to confirm the update. I would hate to think that we will have to continue to make payments on a boat that *** sold on our behalf in June 2014.

Desired Settlement: I'm seeking the payoff to ********. I'm seeking a letter of explation that we can forward to all credit bureaus on our behalf.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
As all these stories unfold. I sit here wondering why someone hasn't physically hurt this guy. ? Eventually you will cross the wrong person after doing so many bad business transactions [emoji107]

He most likely never crossed a strip club owner. ;)

milkmoney

Reaction score
I am thinking at this point that , this dude needs some serious wake up call from a few people. This guy will cross the wrong person or has already crossed the wrong person and he won't be able to hide behind a lawyer or some office etc.

Nothing else seems to get him to understand.. Kinda like that kid on the school yard that keeps getting warned. And then pow. [emoji107]

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

What exactly do you think Tim should be afraid of? Going FURTHER out of business if that is indeed the result?

Threatening and or actually bringing suit against his perceived enemies simply allows for an explanation/excuse down the road if he starts up again in a new location.
River Dave and his cronies hated me because, blah, blah, blah. They told lies and cost me my business because of blah, blah, blah. I sued the shit out of them but the courts were against me blah, blah, blah.
I would guess he knows this will follow him forever and he's going to need a somewhat plausible excuse for the problems.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

While this seems so ridiculously stupid to me (Because you are telling your customers to not buy a boat from you?) I would like to take a second to address it.

Yes Tim, THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!! Had you conducted your business stand up on any level, then right now you would be in the process of rebuilding your reputation right now. When you sent fake confirmations of a wire transfer, a bogus Federal #, and a bum check etc.. Then things go exactly the opposite way, but either way it went the story was gonna get told.

The point that you are missing is The website is not the reason that people won't buy a boat from you. The reason people won't buy a boat from you is because of your lack of integrity as a whole. It is the fake wire transfers, the checks in the mail, the Fed Ex'ing of bum checks, the constant and forever "paper work mistakes", The not sending of titles, the delay of payments and on and on. The website is just the medium that people have been made aware of SOME (Not everything has come out yet) these things. Had you not done them in the first place then it wouldn't be a problem.

As for your petition, I can get you 15+ thousand signatures of people that won't buy a boat from you. Who would after reading what you did? (and apparently have been doing for quite sometime! by the more and more PM's and phone calls that have been coming in daily)

You have all my lawyers contact information if you'd like to try some bogus lawsuit. You are going to lose (and badly) though because it is not libelous if it is the truth. I will ask Joe Belt, Kurt, and Detective Fuller to be my witnesses, and they will confirm every word of it 100%, and then some.

I'm not sure if I can get my hands on it, but if I can I would also submit the roughly 400 Page report that was just submitted to the County Attorney to prosecute you as well. (Yeah just a couple of minor incidents here and there... 400 pages?? WTF??)

RD

Now that my friends, is a post! :thumbup::D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh I understand that especially if you have 60k owed or a boat. There is always that one guy that says fuck it and can and finds him somewhere

Agreed.. I got some dumb friends that do some stupid stuff for not a whole a lot of money [emoji4]

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Interesting, no complaints to BBB for Lake Havasu. Think that may change soon?