WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21-24 Schiada

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
90ish if it works and doesn't hop or have handling issues. Maybe faster if dialed.

When I was looking at building my 21 i/o I couldn't find any with bigger power to collect info. I never heard about a Schiada hopping until I started to build one and then the stories of 400lbs of sand bags in the nose and fixing the bottom to make them work started coming out.

I have exactly zero weight in the front of mine. You can put whatever prop on it and trim it to the moon and back and you won't get hop. It's all in the setup.

You are right though, most (not all) the I/O schiadas need a little help in the setup department.

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have exactly zero weight in the front of mine. You can put whatever prop on it and trim it to the moon and back and you won't get hop. It's all in the setup.

You are right though, most (not all) the I/O schiadas need a little help in the setup department.

RD

Sounds like your wham-o plate and rudder rocker is working like a charm[emoji12][emoji41]

I think the weight of the sbc helps as well

lenmann

Reaction score
What is "hop" as it relates to this discussion?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Buy that yellow 24, redo the interior, and out the BoostPower 800"er in it.

Schi-502

Reaction score
My Schiada is still for sale.
Mark
707-372-1741

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

RD

Well, He did say big power schiada. And that's just a club you aren't a part of.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Tony bought a 21rc two days ago. [emoji106]

That 24 is pretty nice but has a 330hp 454.

Post it up Tony. What did you buy? :) I know it's either amazing or will be amazing when you are done with it.

tony

Reaction score
Unbelievable I've been looking for months even years and the minute I strike this pops up!!! Great looking boat perfect starting point!! I wonder if it's a delta pad bottom?

jstnoc

Reaction score
Unbelievable I've been looking for months even years and the minute I strike this pops up!!! Great looking boat perfect starting point!! I wonder if it's a delta pad bottom?

Let us see what you bought Tony?

aaronschiada

Reaction score
I know....and I have pics....hehehe....but I'll let Tony do the honors! 👍🏼👌🏽

tony

Reaction score
I bought the boat from the original owner with 26 hrs on it! It has an all aluminum 600+CI big block with 18 degree dart big cheif heads dry sump oiling deal. I've always liked this boat and it's set up with its big inch set up with no turbo's or blower. I'm going to do my anal shit to it and try to enjoy it!!!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 116

jstnoc

Reaction score
That's a nice piece Tony! Congrats! I always liked this paint scheme and the cap makes it looks even better.

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
:hmm Tony, a painted oil cooler and a cast manifold :point where do you find this junk:D

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I bought the boat from the original owner with 26 hrs on it! It has an all aluminum 600+CI big block with 18 degree dart big cheif heads dry sump oiling deal. I've always liked this boat and it's set up with its big inch set up with no turbo's or blower. I'm going to do my anal shit to it and try to enjoy it!!!?

It's a beautiful boat...congrats. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I am intrigued by the all aluminum BBC. The weight reduction to the equivalent to a cast iron SBC should change the handling characteristics significantly. That's like a 300Lb weight reduction from a cast iron BBC.

I've considered the all aluminum BBC thing, but you read about how the sleeves float in the castings and other weirdness related to the aluminum block, it certainly makes an amateur like myself take pause before you shell out serious $$$ on something like that.

Keep us posted on your thoughts about the overall reliability of the all aluminum engine and how you think the handling is different from an iron block.

28skater

Reaction score

Nice a new Schiada build:thumbup: is the drive train at Brummett's yet?

tony

Reaction score
It's a beautiful boat...congrats. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I am intrigued by the all aluminum BBC. The weight reduction to the equivalent to a cast iron SBC should change the handling characteristics significantly. That's like a 300Lb weight reduction from a cast iron BBC.

I've considered the all aluminum BBC thing, but you read about how the sleeves float in the castings and other weirdness related to the aluminum block, it certainly makes an amateur like myself take pause before you shell out serious $$$ on something like that.

Keep us posted on your thoughts about the overall reliability of the all aluminum engine and how you think the handling is different from an iron block.
The difference is about 180 -200 lbs compared to a cast block. I'm sure motor placement is key in any set up as far as weight is concerned.. Hopefully I don't have any problems with the motor if I do I will build a new one.. The guy who built the motor has held offshore records and also built motors for Indy cars such as Mario Andretti,AL Unser sr,Andy Granetelli and a few others. His motors have finished second place at the brick yard which I think is pretty good... He also did all of GM'S high performance stuff for almost 20 years and the motor thats in this boat was originally built for Gm.. He also builds a lot of airplane racing motors for P51 planes you can google his name and check out the stuff he's done It's pretty cool. RYAN FALCONER

tony

Reaction score
Nice a new Schiada build:thumbup: is the drive train at Brummett's yet?
As soon as yours goes and gets Brummett power mine will be behind you! I've always wanted this boat so we will see how she does...

X Hoser

Reaction score
Tony, got your email. Very nice, can't wait to see what you do to it. Love the colors! Kinda like your old 24

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Bitchen set-up! Congrats. If you take the exhaust manifolds off sometime I would luv to see the port adapters/spacers. I have a similiar big chief set up and have pondered the limited exhaust choices.

28skater

Reaction score
Ok where is the progress photos Tony? You are only Schiada re-rigg keep us up to speed, Im thinking new Platinum gauges, plumbing SS fitting and 3rd axle for the warm up run .:thumbup:

Im sure you stole the thing raid the wife's shue box:thumbup: