WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flag Mount for Truck bed Advice

Richard.E

Reaction score
Looking to build something before Labor Day that can easily be removed. Was thinking something like this because no way in hell are we drilling into the bed of the Raptor.
Would this be the simplest way?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440702633.035158.jpg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That looks like it would work. I have used the wood dividers to hold things in the truck bed. I would try to use 2x8 vs 2x6 and cut them long enough to be snug in the slots. If you do that, they are pretty solid in there.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What kind of fall you gonna run? I use a hose clamp on the bottom of the flag at the U-boat and then use 2 zip ties lose at the bedrail stake pocket for added support on my 6' long buggy whip with a 3'x4' flag. Never had any issues, it leaves the bed open and it costs all of about $.50

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Mine goes through the bumper, right where the ball would normally be. I only have one flag I use in Glamis though.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I zip tied mine to the cleat in the back corner inside the bed. Worked great in Glamis.

I am not a fan of putting them on the bumper or outside of the bed. When you start moving and that whip starts whipping, it can fuck up your paint

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a hitch mounted flag pole holder instead of trying to rig something up

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a hitch mounted flag pole holder instead of trying to rig something up

Those work great for a simple flag setup for the street.

Not so great for off-riding a whip-style flag (that's was my intended use).

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Then you have to pull the hitch mount thing out every time you drop the tail gate. That's why mine is inside the bed in the corner.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Then you have to pull the hitch mount thing out every time you drop the tail gate. That's why mine is inside the bed in the corner.

I have a tonneau cover that rolls up so I'm pretty limited on options

Richard.E

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441220464.631670.jpg
Only worked a half day so I had time to throw this together. Should be pretty solid for the weekend.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I zip tied mine to the cleat in the back corner inside the bed. Worked great in Glamis.

I am not a fan of putting them on the bumper or outside of the bed. When you start moving and that whip starts whipping, it can fuck up your paint

Those work great for a simple flag setup for the street.

Not so great for off-riding a whip-style flag (that's was my intended use).

Old rule...

"never off-road your ride home"

EVER!!!!!!!!!! :D

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
View attachment 431073
Only worked a half day so I had time to throw this together. Should be pretty solid for the weekend.

That looks great. If you cut it long it will be firm in there. You may have to run longer pieces of PVC pipe or drill and through bolt the flag poles (depending on how fast you will be going). I would be concerned with the flag poles bouncing out at highway speeds.

Report back how it works!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
A confederate flag goes with the "Don't Tread on Me" flag.