WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BUI/OUI Parker, AZ

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Turning someone lose in a boat with no experience is waaaaayyyyy more dangerous then experience and booze.

RD

True. I saw your vid you did better than me trailering sober. But if I bumped boats w someone I'd probably take the sober newb over the drunk guy

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
13 (maybe more?) years ago I got arrested in Parker for an OUI. One of those stories you tell at parties kinda deals, it's a little early in the morning to type it all out right now.

Anyhow readers digest version I had to go to the station and blow in the machine. Well when the machine came back with some numbers the police officer (at the time) didn't like, he said blow again.. Long story short after a few times he said they ran out of tips, and he took a rag with rubbing alcohol and wiped the mouth piece and told me to blow again. I told him I'm not an idiot? He said 30 days in jail starting right now if I don't.. I looked around the room there was a video camera in there (not sure if it was working or not?) ended up blowing again.

They let me go that night with a friend. I ended up getting a lawyer out of PHX. The end result was shortly before the arraignment I called the prosecutor myself, told him what happened (with the alcohol wipe thing) said I didn't care what the fine amount was so long as it wasn't an alcohol related offense.

I plead it and got a "Negligent Operation" (non alcohol charge) a good sized fine, and ended up having to take a 1 day class.

If I was to get or have gotten one today, I'd call Michael Frame (lawyer), I'd tell him RiverDave Sent you (He's friends with my neighbor and I see him around every now and again) and I'd hire him to either plead it, or go the distance.. Believe it or not some cases are in fact winnable.

RD

I had a case I should have won easy[emoji17]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
True. I saw your vid you did better than me trailering sober. But if I bumped boats w someone I'd probably take the sober newb over the drunk guy

If you bumped boats with me, I'd be smacking you upside the head. It wouldn't matter if my BAC was 0 or .15.. LOL

You don't "bump the boats" Viscious.. That isn't an option.

RD

77charger

Reaction score
Anyone ever get a OUI/BUI in Parker? Result...

Yup got one in 2002. .096 basically jail then bail. Court date no attorney just wanted to put it past and move on. city atty approached me before I went up to stand asked if I seen the other deals people got and asked me about sa bargain.

Offered me a pretty fair deal amend to negligent operation of a watercraft 480 dollar fine boater safety course 1 day alcohol class 3 years Informal probation 24 hour jail stay and nothing against my driving record.

Paid the fine and time and don't repeat. Was warned if happens again the penalty would not be the same but saw that even those with attorneys got the same thing.

Ace

Reaction score
Turning someone lose in a boat with no experience is waaaaayyyyy more dangerous then experience and booze.

RD

Most of us boating in Havasu see this combo, DRUNK WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Most of us boating in Havasu see this combo, DRUNK WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE!!!

I dunno.. usually I see the people that are going serpentine down the launch ramps etc.. They always look pretty sober to me. LOL

RD

Ace

Reaction score
I dunno.. usually I see the people that are going serpentine down the launch ramps etc.. They always look pretty sober to me. LOL

RD

Only on Saturdays and Holiday weekends. Weekday boating is best...

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sucks, but things will work out. Now you have a little boating experience...

Spectra18

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I never knew cops were on the water late either until my buddy got popped for a similar situation as you. And the outcomes of his experience mimic RD and Cole Trickles. When my buddy got his, he was in his boat and I was in my boat towing a friend down river from the sand bar to Havasu around 10 at night. There was nobody on the water but us. I was towing- really slow taking my time. My buddy would go past us, wait for us to pass him and then he would catch up. While he was waiting he killed the motor and was listening to music and he turned off his boat running light because it was attracting bugs and mosquito's. As this happened the Fish and Game Warden was tucked away in the reeds watching. He came out of nowhere and pulled him over. Gave him all the test on the boat and ended up taking him to the shore office. The Warden left my buddies now wife and friend who had no boating experience out in the middle of the river in the boat and told them not to attempt to drive the boat for at least an hour so they waited. Ended up driving back to Havasu in the middle of the night with no moon light and no experience but made it. Buddy wasn't drunk, i think he ended up with a wet and wreck less after several legal fees.

So I guess I agree with RD on this.... whats more dangerous- a guy who operates his boat and does it well even after a few beers or a person with no experience driving a boat down the river at night with no experience.

And one more thing, your an idiot for drinking and driving!!! Kidding, there are tons of saints here, you will see!

If i had only known i would have stayed at my campsite and not taken the boat out. No disrespect to the police its there job, i thought it was open waters at night. I was happy at the campsite, had great parking spot on the water, had just eaten a giant meal at Pirates :( would have enjoyed seating outside the trailer and sippin bud lites under the stars....

Joker

Reaction score
I understand the law. But for a guy that never gets in trouble (like some of the poor guys that were locked up in there) i feel the penalty is too high and that it truly doesn't deter genuine alcoholics. If i new how serious Boating and drinking was, i would never drink and like i mentioned earlier i thought police officers were mellower in parker, unlike Havasu. But am sure overall accidents and deaths end up ruining the lacks attitude towards boaters.

My brother in law got popped once, didn't learn, did it again and has been a paraplegic for 27 years. We refuse to drink and drive because of this and once it happens to a family member, you'll understand. Everyone makes mistakes, just try to think next time. You didn't hurt anyone but yourself financially, be somewhat grateful for that and move on.👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Saint #2 here.

Not cause I'm a saint though, it's just that this late in life, I have too much to loose!

That, and I'm too poor to be able to afford all those fines.

Having a good buzz is not so important to me that I can't wait to be somewhere safe to do it.

With age comes wisdom I guess. I sure wasn't this wise when I was younger.

Meaney77

Reaction score
If i had only known i would have stayed at my campsite and not taken the boat out. No disrespect to the police its there job, i thought it was open waters at night. I was happy at the campsite, had great parking spot on the water, had just eaten a giant meal at Pirates :( would have enjoyed seating outside the trailer and sippin bud lites under the stars....

No sense in beating yourself up over it. It sux it happened but it could have been way worse luckily it wasnt. I think most of us are guilty of drinking a few beverages while enjoying everything the Havasu has to offer. Sounds like you have learned from it, now your going to enjoy drinking sparkling water while you drive all of your drunk friends around on your boat, good times!:thumbup:

Joker

Reaction score
Saint #2 here.

Not cause I'm a saint though, it's just that this late in life, I have too much to loose!

Having a good buzz is not so important to me that I can't wait to be somewhere safe to do it.

Makes sense Joe.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Saint #2 here.

Well said my man, so true! Im older and wiser, and I have kids now too and it seems like my outlook has changed- too much to loose. I am not one to judge, I have pretty much been there done that in life. knock on wood- Luckily I have stayed out of trouble and only seem to put myself in harms way.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Well no way out of my situation. Basic pull over at night and oui arrest. But to get the book thrown at a BUI/Dui/OUI cases with amount of money and classes I find unnecessary. YES there are many alcohol related cases that end up in deaths. But a little compassion and understanding would be appreciated by the "system." But I do understand that when u lose a family member or a friend to a alcohol related accident, you wonder why should there be compassion for drunks.

The reason you have heavy fines, mandatory classes and mandatory jail time on these cases is because of groups like MADD and public pressure on lawmakers to do something to help prevent the tragedies that some have spoke of.

The DUI punishments do give you a second chance of sorts. Depending on your own individual case, your first offense comes with a standard set of fines, probation, educational classes and maybe a bit of jail time. Down the road if you make the same mistake again, everything gets cranked up a little and so on. After a number of DUI convictions you are now looking at felony each time you get caught.

The numbers of injuries and deaths attributed to DUI is staggering. The good news is that with the increased awareness and tougher penalties, things have improved over the years.

On the other hand, there are many crimes, a whole crap load, that you can commit and for a first offense basically get away with little or no jail time and no supervised probation or parole. Residential burglary- dudes breaking into your house and stealing your stuff, is one of them.

Last weekend, on a Saturday, we decided to stay on the lake into the evening. We came in to the ramp at around 6pm. We are usually off the water by 4pm or so. I waited at the dock while my son went to get the truck. I was very surprised to see a number of seriously impaired boat operators. These dudes were not buzzed, they were drunk. Two different guys had serious difficulty getting alongside the dock and tied up, much less get their boats on their trailers. It was pretty bad and I guess I was surprised how many folks still drink that much and drive around the lake.

And you are right, the laws don't deter the alcoholics.

MSum661

Reaction score
Saint #2 here.

A great old friend of mine years ago use to tell his Wife..."You don't need to get drunk to have a good time".
Heard him say that a dozen times at least. Kinda rubbed off and I say the same to myself now.
"you don't need to drink to have a great time". At home.....at the end of the day....different story, if I feel like it.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Saint #2 here.

Have you ever seen me drink and drive? 10 tons of boat and always a bunch of people...nope.
My Lavey up and down the river? Nope there are always kids on a rope of inside the boat.

Now that I have a 16 year old with boating experience maybe I will just relax the std. and let her drive.

River Dan

Reaction score
Last weekend Cat and I ran the strip both Friday and Saturday nights and were surprised to see two different LEO's patrolling around Fox's and Road Runner. They pulled several people over, did not see any one hauled off. We usually do not see that many during the daylight hours. Over the last two trips within the last three weeks it does seem like they are stepping it. So be careful out there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So help me understand why it was ok drink and drive in a Boat?

Well we can start with it's perfectly legal, and go all the way back to where Jesus turned water into wine.. I mean that's kind of a broad question there?

Three B's? Boat's, Babes, Booze? It isn't Boats, Babes, Water now is it?

and I'm curious.. What does the term "Booze Cruise" mean to you? Where do you think that came from?

Why do you think a considerable amount of boat names have some "play" on words regarding alcohol? Aquaholic? etc..

RD

Englewood

Reaction score
I'm just hoping theyd understand, am not the career criminal type. I was on vacation, not out there to get in or cause trouble. Just hoping for a fighting chance.

What are you hoping they would understand? You mentioned in earlier posts that you weren't "stumbly" drunk, thought the water was "open" at night, etc. It sounds like you have little to no remorse for what you did. Based on your statements thus far, I highly doubt "going easy" on you would have had any impact on your future decisions.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Unless there is some extenuating circumstance, there are certain minimum penalties that are required at sentencing. If you were not extreme or super extreme and didn't have any passengers on board I would request a public defender. You would be wasting your money to hire a lawyer against a minimum OUI charge.

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
Waiting for all the saints to say they never drink and drive:rolleyes

I guess I am a saint. Virtually never drink alcohol (I may have one or two sips from my wife's drink of choice ~ but that is it) while I am piloting the vessel ~ that is why I go to the lake/river ~ to drive my boat and you know what... I have a better time staying sober.

Now when we come off the lake/river it's now party time!!! :party:

I will never understand why anyone, at the least, would want to take on that liability ~ to me... it's just plain selfish.

Bash Away! :point

nowski

Reaction score
I have a Firemen buddy that was let off the hook once. The second time he wasn't so lucky and was hauled off. That one incident screwed him over in his job and for any promotions. Life is based on the decisions we make, make the right one...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So help me understand why it was ok drink and drive in a Boat?
Because (technical) it is legal to do so.

It has been discussed in depth many times over the years. In reality, he wasn't doing anything wrong!

But...

It is the officers discretion to determine if you are impaired or not.

Personally, I don't think that will Ever go in someone's favor! LoL

nowski

Reaction score
I guess I am a saint. Virtually never drink alcohol (I may have one or two sips from my wife's drink of choice ~ but that is it) while I am piloting the vessel ~ that is why I go to the lake/river ~ to drive my boat and you know what... I have a better time staying sober.

I will never understand why anyone, at the least, would want to take on that liability ~ to me... it's just plain selfish.

Here is my analogy. Your cruising on your favorite waterway having a few too many cocktails enjoying the scenery with friends and family. All of a sudden a seadoer decides to end his life in the side of your boat. What do you think is going to happen selfish one?

But because you've been selfish or better put responsible and decided to wait till you got off the water to have your drinks life is now just a little less complicated. Well Done Selfish One Well Done...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I kind of agree the punishments are a little much for the crime. However it's really not because what if u would have killed someone. After my first I quit drinking for two years. Then slowly started again. This time I'm done for good I've learned that it's not worth it i have too much to lose. In posted that a few weeks ago my carpool buddy was killed on the way to work. Drunk ran a red and hit him. He was trapped in his car and burned to death. I really really really have a strong dislike for drunk drivers. The worst part though is this guy will get life and it won't crying cesar back. Two lives were lost that morning. U can feel free to pm me or call or shoot a text. I can tell u the hell I went through over the last year and tell u what U might b looking at

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
I understand the law. But for a guy that never gets in trouble (like some of the poor guys that were locked up in there) i feel the penalty is too high and that it truly doesn't deter genuine alcoholics. If i new how serious Boating and drinking was, i would never drink and like i mentioned earlier i thought police officers were mellower in parker, unlike Havasu. But am sure overall accidents and deaths end up ruining the lacks attitude towards boaters.

I am a firm believer that punishment needs to be PUNITIVE. It's virtually the only way most humans learn. Reminds me when I bought my home and in the CC&R's it stated that you could not park your boat/RV etc. in your driveway as storage. The fine for doing so was so low that it was cheaper than paying for storage. As soon as they realized (with enough of us complaining) they raised it to a PUNITIVE level and miraculously all the toys disappeared.

There is a reason for the high price (and I know... municipalities use for a profit center ~ but it is, for the most part, with the blessing of the sober ones) for something that can cause injury/death ~ don't be so arrogant ~ thinking that nothing gonna happen ever to you. I have a friend that was drinking down at Blue Water (Parker Strip) and was driving his boat back (with his wife/friends) at 2:00am and out of nowhere was hit broadside by a female driving a bumble-bee (wave runner). She died at the scene (drugs and alcohol in her system) and guess what.. he was arrested for BUI/OUI ~ the accident was no fault of his own but who knows ~ if he was sober would he have heard her coming towards him? Will never know because he was intoxicated. They no longer boat or go to the river. :(

Look, there is so much to lose and so little to gain. Why drink and drive ? In life, for me, I always ask, Risk vs Reward.

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
No sense in beating yourself up over it. It sux it happened but it could have been way worse luckily it wasnt. I think most of us are guilty of drinking a few beverages while enjoying everything the Havasu has to offer. Sounds like you have learned from it, now your going to enjoy drinking sparkling water while you drive all of your drunk friends around on your boat, good times!:thumbup:

For me, my drink of choice, while piloting my vessel, is SQUIRT! Just love the stuff... then Gatorade/Water.

And like I said earlier... once the boat is trailered and parked it is PARTY TIME! :party::beer:drink:drunk .... :puke:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Hell yah as soon as the boat is on the trailer my wife is driving and I'm playing catch up!!

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
Here is my analogy. Your cruising on your favorite waterway having a few too many cocktails enjoying the scenery with friends and family. All of a sudden a seadoer decides to end his life in the side of your boat. What do you think is going to happen selfish one?

Wow... how did you know my story?... Crazy.

Icky

Reaction score

My comment was based on all the other threads where people swear they don't drink at all while on the water.

If we are on my boat, and I'm the driver then I might have a couple over the course of the day, but never anywhere close to the legal limit.

But if I do feel like drinking allot my girlfriend knows how to drive the boat. I usually let her drive all day on Sunday in parker, less idiots out there. The more she drives it the more experience she'll have, and she enjoys it. I just tell her people are staring cause they're not used to seeing a woman drive a cat.

77charger

Reaction score
I picked Dave up at the station as I was the DD that night, Dave went back out and lets just say did enough to entice the cops to re-launch their boat!! LOL :thumbup:

When Dave left for his drinking class he had to take (he probably shouldn't have driven then either) we had partied so hard the night before I was lights out under a table in the living room........ Good times..... that was a long time ago. :thumbup::thumbup:

Good luck with your case.

Didn't you drive my friends to get me also? Ah those days but good times.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I'm just hoping theyd understand, am not the career criminal type. I was on vacation, not out there to get in or cause trouble. Just hoping for a fighting chance.

Let's be clear; I don't think anybody thinks you are a bad guy. You just made a mistake. One that many of us have made on land or on the water. We all F something up once in awhile.
These laws and their punishments are meant to deter folks from this or other types of activity. Society is telling folks don't do this in the first place but if you do it will get progressively worse for you.
Let's clear up another issue here. You DO NOT have to be drunk (legal definition here) to be arrested for BUI/DUI. It is operating a motor vehicle/ boat, on or off road, lake, river, stream, whatever, while impaired by alcohol, drugs or a combo of both. This what we usually refer to as "buzzed."
Now I know there are plenty of vets on the boards that can throw back all day and still function. I am not talking about those guys. They are easy to arrest- saw drunk, arrested same, game over. It's the folks that have a few drinks, catch a buzz then try to drive or boat. They cause as many injury or fatal incidents as the dude that downed 20 Silver Bullets. They are just more difficult to identify, especially on the water. The cops at some point if they suspect you have been drinking will have you perform a series of field sobriety tests. These tests are NOT pass or fail. The tests are meant to see how you perform memory, balance and attention when your attention is divided. This is where it gets hard when you are a little buzzed. Once the cops start dividing your attention with instructions, dexterity and having you perform tests while doing many things, it's pretty easy to see the impairment.
Now, compare a divided attention situation with the cop who might be trying to arrest you (you bet your trying to pay attention!) to driving a boat on a Saturday, sun/ wind in your face, your friends are talking, stereo is blasting, no brakes, turn signals, mirrors, boat is bouncing a round due to jack wagons in the roll bar boats AND you are buzzed. Your attention is divided to the extreme. This is the part that is very dangerous.
In this exact situation I would partially agree with RD. if I had to pick, I would pick an experienced boater over a newbie. But the point is that it doesn't have to exist. As others have stated, if you are that buzzed guy cruising across the lake, doing just fine and minding your own business, that won't matter when some idiot decides to forget about the rules of the lake and run into you, causing serious or fatal injury to someone. The cops will get a voluntary blood sample or if you refuse, the will get a search warrant to get it forcibly. That's how these things work.

So, it's always a high risk operation. If folks were just putting themselves in harms way, no problem. Sometimes they just injure or kill themselves. The laws are meant to deter the activity because more often that not, innocent folks are getting injured or killed.
With a long post like that, I am prepared to answer any questions.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh and I don't think you're a bad guy. I don't think I'm a bad guy. I'm a little unlucky but more so I made some bad choices and ended up getting caught. For me I see it as a blessing. I'm a hard learned and it took 2 duis for me to get it. I paid 30k for this life lesson. That's just money. I could have killed someone and be talking to my family through a glass window. I'm glad I got popped because had I not I wouldn't have changed. I'd probably be waking up hungover right about now, go buy a tall can and try to eat. Then drink the rest of the day. I had a problem and was kind of wasting my life.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
While it's true many of us have lost friends/relatives to drunken drivers, on land and on the water, the "other" horror stories we don't hear about are the SOBER drivers that kill or maim. I have lost 3 very close friends to sober drivers and those penalties are a drop in the bucket compared to the penalties associated with DUI/OUI accidents... I often wonder if it's even illegal to kill someone if you're SOBER?? "It was just an accident".... Unlike a driver that blows a .08 after an accident that becomes a major case, usually resulting in PRISON time, a SOBER driver that "just didn't see the motorcycle coming" usually gets off with a misdemeanor charge resulting in a fine and probation...
I can well remember when it took a BAC of .15 or more to even result in an arrest... Then down to .12, then .10, and now an unrealistic .08..... You DO NOT need to be impaired, just .08 or more... I, as I'm sure others here also, know dozens of drivers/boaters that are not the least bit impaired at .08-.12.... AND, I'm sure everyone knows people that shouldn't be driving/boating SOBER. Where are the laws to prevent unskilled, sober drivers from killing someone at the next intersection?? When was the last time you heard about someone getting a ticket for driving too slow??
More than 1/2 of the highway deaths are caused by SOBER drivers that just can't drive....
Ray
PS I am NOT advocating driving/boating after drinking, merely pointing out a dual standard within our legal system..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
While it's true many of us have lost friends/relatives to drunken drivers, on land and on the water, the "other" horror stories we don't hear about are the SOBER drivers that kill or maim. I have lost 3 very close friends to sober drivers and those penalties are a drop in the bucket compared to the penalties associated with DUI/OUI accidents... I often wonder if it's even illegal to kill someone if you're SOBER?? "It was just an accident".... Unlike a driver that blows a .08 after an accident that becomes a major case, usually resulting in PRISON time, a SOBER driver that "just didn't see the motorcycle coming" usually gets off with a misdemeanor charge resulting in a fine and probation...
I can well remember when it took a BAC of .15 or more to even result in an arrest... Then down to .12, then .10, and now an unrealistic .08..... You DO NOT need to be impaired, just .08 or more... I, as I'm sure others here also, know dozens of drivers/boaters that are not the least bit impaired at .08-.12.... AND, I'm sure everyone knows people that shouldn't be driving/boating SOBER. Where are the laws to prevent unskilled, sober drivers from killing someone at the next intersection?? When was the last time you heard about someone getting a ticket for driving too slow??
More than 1/2 of the highway deaths are caused by SOBER drivers that just can't drive....
Ray
PS I am NOT advocating driving/boating after drinking, merely pointing out a dual standard within our legal system..

I get what you are saying but drinking and driving isn't an accident. It's a selfish decision. They are really cracking down on any form of distracted driving. I was never close to the legal limit. At .34 and point .26 I should have been at home not out in public.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Ray

You are talking about two different things, kind of. Criminal vs Civil. They are intertwined at times in accidents. Sometimes they are not. If a guy causes an accident (non DUI) he could be charged with a crime depending on the circs. If it results in serious injury or death, he could possibly face criminal charges depending on the circs. He will for sure face a civil lawsuit.

The real difference is that when your BAC (blood alcohol content) is .08 and above, the law presumes that you are impaired. Doesn't matter how you think you feel, how well you can walk a straight line or how well you can perform various drinking games = .08 BAC and above = you are presumed impaired.

I have dealt with hundreds, maybe thousands of people under the influence of alcohol. Full time drinkers can almost always carry themselves better than the occasional drinker. Anyone that I have seen at .10 BAC and above is definitely showing signs of impairment. Sometimes its subtle but its always there.

A person who is sober, gets in a car or boat and later causes a serious accident started that drive by not doing anything could put others at risk. A person that starts that same drive buzzed or hammered, makes a decision to put others at risk.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Now THAT's a first post.......

HARDLY followed the site rules.

PM member 460 for your free RDP shirt and hat. I doubt you will get them though unless you follow the site rules.

Brian

rrrr

Reaction score
I DO NOT ENCOURAGE DRINKING AND DRIVING but... Never knew cops are on the water at night. With no night time traffic and mellow police activity I didn't know how serious it can get. I don't even drink and drive a car.

Sir bad things happen. There are lots of stumbly drunks out there. But not right to take your memories out on us. I wasn't stumbly drunk , but if u do , God forbid, go thru the legal system ull see how broken it is.

Well no way out of my situation. Basic pull over at night and oui arrest. But to get the book thrown at a BUI/Dui/OUI cases with amount of money and classes I find unnecessary. YES there are many alcohol related cases that end up in deaths. But a little compassion and understanding would be appreciated by the "system." But I do understand that when u lose a family member or a friend to a alcohol related accident, you wonder why should there be compassion for drunks.

Sure is a lot of denial for someone that was arrested and convicted for breaking the law. Your posts indicate you think you were treated unfairly and that you weren't legally drunk. But you were.

And nowhere do you say something like "Man, I'm never going to do that again". Instead you complain because you were caught.

RD, you make a point of saying it's not illegal to drive a boat and drink. That's true. But it is illegal to drive a boat when your BAC is above the limit.

Yeah, I'm one of those that don't like drunk boaters. But it's because of a 23 year old kid that was my son's best friend and like a son to me and my wife. I get to send his mom a text every year on his birthday, telling her how much I miss him. But I bet that day is a lot harder for her than it is for me.