WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I went to Starbucks this morning

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
My first time ever going to Starbucks. I do drink coffee, but I either drink what we have here at home, or I drink it at work. I have never gone into a coffee shop to order anything to drink in the past.

My wife has gotten something for me from there before ... but again, I've never gone there myself.

So this morning I'm on my way to wash my truck and I get a text from my wife asking if I can get her a coffee from Starbucks because we are out of coffee for the Keurig here at home. I reply and let her know it wouldn't be a problem.

On my home from washing my truck, I cruise by one of the million Starbucks in my city. Lol. Line is way, way to long for me to sit in and head home. I drop my truck off and jump in the wifes car to head over to another one down the street.

Upon arriving, line isn't long at all for the drive thru so I enter. Fruity guy over the intercom asks my order, and I tell it what I want. As I pull up to the window, I start to hand the cashier the cash for the coffee. She proceeds to tell me that the lady that was in front of me paid for my drink. "No shit?" I ask her. She says "yes, she paid for it". I said "Wow, that was very nice of her to do ... unnecessary, but very nice nonetheless ".

She hands me the drink and says "have a nice day sir" ... I say "thank you, you too". As I'm driving away I'm thinking about the nice gesture the lady did and that good karma will come back to her.

I get home and give my wife her coffee. I tell her the story of how the lady in front of me was so nice to pay for my drink.

She says "did you pay for the person behind you?" Confused, I say no. She starts laughing and tells me how Starbucks has a thing about a pay chain going on. I'm like "WTF are you serious? ... how was I supposed to know ... I've never been there before ... I thought someone was just being nice" lol.

That was how my morning started.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
My first time ever going to Starbucks. I do drink coffee, but I either drink what we have here at home, or I drink it at work. I have never gone into a coffee shop to order anything to drink in the past.

My wife has gotten something for me from there before ... but again, I've never gone there myself.

So this morning I'm on my way to wash my truck and I get a text from my wife asking if I can get her a coffee from Starbucks because we are out of coffee for the Keurig here at home. I reply and let her know it wouldn't be a problem.

On my home from washing my truck, I cruise by one of the million Starbucks in my city. Lol. Line is way, way to long for me to sit in and head home. I drop my truck off and jump in the wifes car to head over to another one down the street.

Upon arriving, line isn't long at all for the drive thru so I enter. Fruity guy over the intercom asks my order, and I tell it what I want. As I pull up to the window, I start to hand the cashier the cash for the coffee. She proceeds to tell me that the lady that was in front of me paid for my drink. "No shit?" I ask her. She says "yes, she paid for it". I said "Wow, that was very nice of her to do ... unnecessary, but very nice nonetheless ".

She hands me the drink and says "have a nice day sir" ... I say "thank you, you too". As I'm driving away I'm thinking about the nice gesture the lady did and that good karma will come back to her.

I get home and give my wife her coffee. I tell her the story of how the lady in front of me was so nice to pay for my drink.

She says "did you pay for the person behind you?" Confused, I say no. She starts laughing and tells me how Starbucks has a thing about a pay chain going on. I'm like "WTF are you serious? ... how was I supposed to know ... I've never been there before ... I thought someone was just being nice" lol.

Archibald and Schleisman right???

Thanks dude... I was the guy behind you and got an ear full of this and that about doing the right thing... ended up paying for mine and the guys behind me:grumble:

DC-88

Reaction score
That's gay. knowing my luck she'd pay for my 2 dollar americano and I'd pay for some office staff's giant iced triple half calf espresso mochas or something:rolleyes Glad to hear you broke up the enlightened one's daisy chain

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I'm a Starbucks Regular...

Been going to the same store every morning by my office for 6 years. The baristas know me by name, although it is just a Venti Pike (large coffee), 80% of the time have my drink ready by the time I get to the register.

Since I always go inside to order, that paying for the person behind you must be a Drive-Through thing, because it's never happened to me.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I'm here at the movie theatre taking my son to watch Minions.

I sure hope there isn't some gay ass rule that I have to pay for everyones snacks. Lol.

I will be right in. Could u get me some red vines [emoji12][emoji106]

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Archibald and Schleisman right???

Thanks dude... I was the guy behind you and got an ear full of this and that about doing the right thing... ended up paying for mine and the guys behind me:grumble:

Lol thats the one by me, chain usually runs for hours.... Thanks hank [emoji23]

EmpirE231

Reaction score
It's the "pay it forward" thing that went viral.

and I bet it was done by upper management "hey tell those people the person in front of them paid for their drink" They probably did that a bunch of times at multiple locations, until it caught on and went viral. Huge marketing success, for the price of a couple free, crappy coffees.... genius. Now some people are actually dumb enough to pay for a strangers coffee's and Starbucks gets a bunch of publicity on social media.

Dettom

Reaction score
That's a fuc'd up organization. I will never buy any thing from Starbucks. They're as commie leaning as Ben and Jerrys. Had one of their coffees once, that my daughter bought. Tasted like recycled piss. Guess I'm old and bitter, like their coffee.. Who wants to play pay it forward games in the drive thru? The shit liberals come up with....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You dummy Hank.....Now your wife's car is on the black balled list:point:rotflmao:
btw---never heard of it before, glad I don't drink coffee, period.
Anyplace where the dudes have their pinkies extended while sipping latte'd ass juice ain't somewhere I patronize.

BUSTI

Reaction score

Fudge that! I tell those people NO THANK YOU! I'll pay for mine. I can't stand when people obligate me for something. Paying for someone's coffee has no value to me.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Again I am reminded why everyone says fuck Hank! :D

I wouldn't go to that Starbucks again, the Barista is probably going to drop his or her balls in your latte. :yikes

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
What a bunch of dummies. Lol.

Starbucks can eat a dick.
Just one? Or a whole bag?

uploadfromtaptalk1440799813227.jpeg

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Went into a Starbucks once, the guy reminded me of the dude out of the British sitcom "Are you being served".
Are-You-Being-Served--are-you-being-served-159324_1024_768.jpg images (5).jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
You dummy Hank.....Now your wife's car is on the black balled list:point:rotflmao:
btw---never heard of it before, glad I don't drink coffee, period.
Anyplace where the dudes have their pinkies extended while sipping latte'd ass juice ain't somewhere I patronize.

Sipping Latte'd ass juice [emoji23]

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Starbucks... the worst coffee I have ever had.

I am not big on coffee, but the one cup of starsucks I had was more then a life times full.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

Really!!:smackhead I think I need a less gay friend:headscratch:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;TcwAwTPX3IQ]https://youtu.be/TcwAwTPX3IQ[/video]

Cray Paper

Reaction score
It's not a Starbucks thing, had this happen several times to me at fast food drive through's over the last couple of years. I was always by myself and the person behind me had the same or lesser priced meal so I played the game. If a mini van with a soccer mom and heard of kids was behind me I would not pay it forward.

And yes, Starbucks sucks. They only hire liberal people that remind me of Pat from Saturday Night Live and most look like they fell face first in to a tackle box. The POS owner (Howard Shultz) sold out the city of Seattle sports fans by selling our basketball team to that POS, lying hillbilly from Oklahoma. While were at it, fuck David Stearn also, hope he rots in hell for railroading that sham of a sale to his college buddy.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Someone told my wife that Starbucks is gonna start selling cold beer? I thought it sounded like a strange combination and was a bullshit rumor.....:headscratch:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
How funny,

Bridge toll in Northern Cal get paid this way from time to time.

On the occasion I go get food at a drive thru for lunch I'll buy for the person behind me if it strikes me.

Paying it forward.

You failed Hankinator, this time sir.

Brian

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Someone told my wife that Starbucks is gonna start selling cold beer? I thought it sounded like a strange combination and was a bullshit rumor.....:headscratch:
Now that would ge a GREAT drive through :D