WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Dave Did the Pitch Fork get caught in your ass...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Lol. Just finished reading it and was going to reply and poof it's gone

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I was over here like uploadfromtaptalk1440798174426.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just talked to some business guys and they said.. It isn't worth getting wrapped up in this bullshit anymore then I already am. That is how the entire scam works but it looks like (for now anyways) it's gonna get shut down one way or another.. So there is no point in taking it further.

RD

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
No wonder I couldn't post a hypothetical reply.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I just talked to some business guys and they said.. It isn't worth getting wrapped up in this bullshit anymore then I already am. That is how the entire scam works but it looks like (for now anyways) it's gonna get shut down one way or another.. So there is no point in taking it further.

RD

:lmao
That was funny as shite Dave. Glad I got to read it before "poof"

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Hopefully you saved it for future reference. Funny ass shit in the hypothetical.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Awesome read, I had no clue all that was legal. Anyone want to start a boat dealership??:thumbup:

How about a thread on how to protect yourself and not get caught up in a shit storm like this. Is it possible using a broker?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I gotta say, I never thought of the second prong...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Awesome read, I had no clue all that was legal. Anyone want to start a boat dealership??:thumbup:

How about a thread on how to protect yourself and not get caught up in a shit storm like this. Is it possible using a broker?

Do business with companies that have longevity to them with no complaints.. Do business with reputable brokers with references. Etc.. Basically do your home work.

Reactions: TBI

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I gotta say, I never thought of the second prong...

Well that's why I felt it important to put it up.. Because this isn't about a few late payments. It is a full on scam that is somehow legal..

RD

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Hopefully you get to put it back up one day. Great info and glad I got to read it.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Well that's why I felt it important to put it up.. Because this isn't about a few late payments. It is a full on scam that is somehow legal..

RD

So you felt It important to put up, as a way for us to read and learn to protect ourselves, and then took it right back down??? I don't get it.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I wish you would have done that weds morning...

I could have gotten something done this week. [emoji12]

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Do business with companies that have longevity to them with no complaints.. Do business with reputable brokers with references. Etc.. Basically do your home work.
Doesn't OCM have a history of doing this? Wasn't there a guy that had his boat there, then saw a pic of it over labor day in the channel. When the driver was confronted he said he bought it from OCM like weeks, it not months, before. I also seem to recall something about them in Oregon before, or shortly after, they moved to Havasu. Something about a title on a boat, but no one could find it or there was some issue. Maybe it's all the same story and has just resurfaced this year. Also, I think 454Rocket was trying to buy a boat from them and was getting the run around. IDK, I could be wrong, but it seems like that place had some history...

Isn't that where there was a RDP/DS party last year, or the year before? Funny how things change.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you felt It important to put up, as a way for us to read and learn to protect ourselves, and then took it right back down??? I don't get it.

It boils down to how much more effort I should put into this. More or less it's gonna come to a close pretty quick either way, so the friend advice is "Stop fucking with that, and get back to making money." So I took it down.

If you would like to learn how you can float 100+K of money with zero vested interest, all based on a 69,000 dollar boat, in the boat dealership world.. I'd be happy to e-mail you a business proposal of how you can do just that.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Doesn't OCM have a history of doing this? Wasn't there a guy that had his boat there, then saw a pic of it over labor day in the channel. When the driver was confronted he said he bought it from OCM like weeks, it not months, before. I also seem to recall something about them in Oregon before, or shortly after, they moved to Havasu. Something about a title on a boat, but no one could find it or there was some issue. Maybe it's all the same story and has just resurfaced this year. Also, I think 454Rocket was trying to buy a boat from them and was getting the run around. IDK, I could be wrong, but it seems like that place had some history...

Isn't that where there was a RDP/DS party last year, or the year before? Funny how things change.

Chipster, you are confusing Ted with Boaters Outlet and OCM.

RDP has never had a DS party at OCM. OCM was one of 14 sponsors of the RDP after party a few years back.

Desert Storm has generally had their industry party / kick off party in the OCM building. (Which actually this last year had a ton of controversy surrounding it as well)

RD

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
It boils down to how much more effort I should put into this. More or less it's gonna come to a close pretty quick either way, so the friend advice is "Stop fucking with that, and get back to making money." So I took it down.

If you would like to learn how you can float 100+K of money with zero vested interest, all based on a 69,000 dollar boat, in the boat dealership world.. I'd be happy to e-mail you a business proposal of how you can do just that.

RD

It took more effort to take it down that would have to leave it, but I understand your point. It's over, OCM is going down lets get on with our lives.
I love my boat, I love a lot of things boating related, don't want or have any desire to be in the boat biz.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It took more effort to take it down that would have to leave it

Not really. To leave it up and educate people on potential hypothetical scams just opens up more questions, and more "holy shit.. really?" type conversations, and more phone calls, and more. That is the effort I'm referring too.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

As said before I'd be happy to e-mail it to anyone that wants to read how a hypothetical scam goes down, and what the moving parts to it are etc..

I don't care what they do with it after I send it to them.

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
Dave you want a Beeeer it has been a tough week!! I will bring you a twelve pack over and not smoking!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave you want a Beeeer it has been a tough week!! I will bring you a twelve pack over and not smoking!

Come on over.. LOL Stacy is going for girls night out. I'm just sitting in the garage right now..

RD

28Eliminator

Reaction score

RD

Your friend gave you good advice.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
If you would like to learn how you can float 100+K of money with zero vested interest, all based on a 69,000 dollar boat, in the boat dealership world..

People have gone missing for less...

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Consignment boat scams have been going on for a very long time. The difference is only two states, California and Florida, have strict laws regulating boat brokers and these types of scams are vigorously prosecuted (with large fines and mandatory jail time) by the Department of Justice, not civil actions.

Spot

Reaction score
Good idea Dave, let's move on... The OCM stuff was getting old.... How about some good boat build threads......