WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Retaining walls in Alta Loma, block, concrete?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
ok, getting a better idea. Are you going to get to the garage portion from the "dirt" alleyway and come in from the back? and the moho would go through the gate and be at the house level. I see that the lot goes up from the house to the north rear property wall.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
ok, getting a better idea. Are you going to get to the garage portion from the "dirt" alleyway and come in from the back? and the moho would go through the gate and be at the house level. I see that the lot goes up from the house to the north rear property wall.

Yes sir. Exactly. Garage for the hotrods and boats. Not for the everyday rides.

1st tier is now gone. Only the house level and 6 foot upper level remain.

Brian

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Ok i have a good idea what's happening now. Couple questions..

you left the rock wall for the upper tear?
is the dirt alley on east side public? you mentioned "bridal trail" is that considered for horses or just a name for maintenance to get to the drainage channel behind?
Do you have a plot/plat map of your property (shows property lines with distance and bearing(direction) as well as any easements? you may have got one when you purchased. Or can get one from city.

I see no reason you cant use the retaining wall as a foundation wall for south garage wall. being dual access.

Concerns:
The city may have an issue with the garage being visible above the house, the top of garage is going to be ~26' above the floor of the house floor. (at what i showed).
Setbacks from property line.

I'm going to poke around the city website and see what i can find out as to regulations, when we did my Dad's here in Utah, i had to be almost as far away from the PL as the building was tall.

Let me do some due diligence then i'll call you.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Sent you a PM

Ok i have a good idea what's happening now. Couple questions..

you left the rock wall for the upper tear?
is the dirt alley on east side public? you mentioned "bridal trail" is that considered for horses or just a name for maintenance to get to the drainage channel behind?
Do you have a plot/plat map of your property (shows property lines with distance and bearing(direction) as well as any easements? you may have got one when you purchased. Or can get one from city.

I see no reason you cant use the retaining wall as a foundation wall for south garage wall. being dual access.

Concerns:
The city may have an issue with the garage being visible above the house, the top of garage is going to be ~26' above the floor of the house floor. (at what i showed).
Setbacks from property line.

I'm going to poke around the city website and see what i can find out as to regulations, when we did my Dad's here in Utah, i had to be almost as far away from the PL as the building was tall.

Let me do some due diligence then i'll call you.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I conferred with the boss and we do not want the retaining wall to be a part of the structure foundation.

If we need 6 feet from the retaining wall to the structure, then that is what we need to do. We can move the retaining wall 3 feet south, that change also helps with existing grading and installing waterproofing on the fill side of the wall.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Mellowyellowvector is headed over today to sign contracts to get started on the walls.

My wife and I are excited to get the project moving again and get the backyard done so we can start on the barn, for the horses.

Brian

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Mellowyellowvector is headed over today to sign contracts to get started on the walls.

My wife and I are excited to get the project moving again and get the backyard done so we can start on the barn, for the horses.

Brian
Horses? .... baller!!!

What about dinner Brian? Gotta have room for dinner.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Horses? .... baller!!!

What about dinner Brian? Gotta have room for dinner.

People get weird when you group "horses" with "dinner" Hankinator.

Dinner is coming, but for now, I need a barn, for the horses.

Brian

NicPaus

Reaction score
With the drought how much is a bale of alfalfa? $18-22 is my guess. Hank is right with that horses = Baller shit.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Alright, back at the shop.

Done deal. My wife had a couple suggestions for changes she thought up and it helps the plan a bit. She also wanted to carry a 3 ft wall all the way across the east west deal. That adds more to the cost, but, that is what we are going to do. :)

MYV has been good to deal with, patient with questions and eager to offer suggestions and work through the design.

I'm excited to see it started and complete. It will be nice to have a yard again.

Brian

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Alright, back at the shop.

Done deal. My wife had a couple suggestions for changes she thought up and it helps the plan a bit. She also wanted to carry a 3 ft wall all the way across the east west deal. That adds more to the cost, but, that is what we are going to do. :)

MYV has been good to deal with, patient with questions and eager to offer suggestions and work through the design.

I'm excited to see it started and complete. It will be nice to have a yard again.

Brian

Now let's hope I live up to your expectations so you don't blast me on RDP, hahaha

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Word on the street is MYV will be starting rough grading of my excavation project tomorrow and then digging footings for the wall after that..

I can't wait.

Brian

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Damn ballers and their money. [emoji41] [emoji106] [emoji385]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
attachment.php

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Friday and yesterdays progress. Footings dug and majority if excavated spoils gone. Yard is looking like something now.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
At this point I have to give the credit to MYV and his crew. I did nothing but "day labor" and design/location input.

I was operating no equipment but a pair of boots, a flat shovel, and a water hose.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
If I had know that I would have raised my numbers.[emoji15]
I'm thinking either he won and didn't tell the rest of the group, he has been photoshopping the ticket pics and is using the pool money, or work is good???

Hopefully it is #3. [emoji20] [emoji379]

[emoji6]

Joker

Reaction score
I bet it's #1. Nobody on here has the time to post or spend the way he does simply by running a metal recycling business.[emoji41]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Fingers crossed those footings and hillside hold up with this rain!!!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I'm thinking either he won and didn't tell the rest of the group, he has been photoshopping the ticket pics and is using the pool money, or work is good???

Hopefully it is #3.

You peeps have little faith. If Hank, Budman, or DT1000 would ever come by again they could see the accounting, balance sheet, or tickets, anytime they want.

I bet it's #1. Nobody on here has the time to post or spend the way he does simply by running a metal recycling business.

Ye have little faith for someone not even in the pool.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
You fuckers, all talking shit. See how you are?

Y'all have million dollar houses, 100K boats, second houses at the river, spend every or every other weekend at the river, go on cruises....should I go on?

I put up a retaining wall at my house,, taking off a couple of days from my 7day a week job and y'all are catcalling me. I see how it is. :)

Brian

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Y'all have million dollar houses, 100K boats, second houses at the river, spend every or every other weekend at the river, go on cruises....should I go on?

I put up a retaining wall at my house,, taking off a couple of days from my 7day a week job and y'all are catcalling me. I see how it is. :)

Brian

I have not been here long but I have learned this:

Here at RDP, we're not happy until you're not happy.

milkmoney

Reaction score

Brian

I wish I had all that [emoji12][emoji202]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have not been here long but I have learned this:

Here at RDP, we're not happy until you're not happy.

I got some bad news about that. After getting two chances in 2013 to take a dirt nap, I am just happy to be here.

Brian

milkmoney

Reaction score
Sporto, cry me a fucking river Milfbroke. :)

How many acres of land and how many head do you own?

Brian

My house sits in 1.75 acre , and I have no milk cows anymore. At least u have a job [emoji202][emoji12]