WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Retaining walls in Alta Loma, block, concrete?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hey Vic,

He can't see what you are writing. What he is posting is what shows to him. You are on his "ignore list" (real thing), so I'm thinking he doesn't want to see what you post or communicate with you.

I know that. Would it surprise you that I don't care [emoji3][emoji106] im actually having fun w it.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nice thread to be following. Our walls in bhc will be getting started in November so it's nice to see what I'm in for [emoji106]

[emoji3][emoji13][emoji106]

What are u sayin [emoji3]

I don't know why u keep replying. I gave you a compliment, if anything you are the dick [emoji106]

Hey Vic,

He can't see what you are writing. What he is posting is what shows to him. You are on his "ignore list" (real thing), so I'm thinking he doesn't want to see what you post or communicate with you.

Now he can see the posts. Just say in. :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
ah, nice, the other union cum gargler here to litter up my thread.

Bobby V

This message is hidden because Bobby V is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think it is funny that peeps show up where they know they are not wanted, for no other reason than to cause problems and stink up the place.

I asked as nice as I could. I stay out of his shit, on purpose, but like I said, some peeps enjoy causing problems.

It's all good.

Hey Vic,

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
ah, nice, the other union cum gargler here to litter up my thread.

Bobby V

This message is hidden because Bobby V is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

U have a dirty mouth [emoji3]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I've been around long enough to remember when boards, like this one, beat the drums and excommunicated members.

Ah....a simpler time.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've been around long enough to remember when boards, like this one, beat the drums and excommunicated members.

Ah....a simpler time.

Like members that post zero boating content [emoji12]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The sun quit rising at my house.

MYV put the last course on yesterday and it looks badass. I couldn't be happier with the job or work. We ended up going up one course on the east wall because three feet we planned on was a little short.

I believe today is the inspection and then on to filling walls. Waiting on plugs and lights to attach them to the block before that happens.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
MYV says we passed inspection, so tonight I plan out where the block penetrations go for the lights and plugs and lay some conduit and water lines. Moving right along.

Sawcut rear driveway tomorrow for the conduit pathway for the panel replacement this weekend.

I'll get to sleep someday.

Brian

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
MYV says we passed inspection, so tonight I plan out where the block penetrations go for the lights and plugs and lay some conduit and water lines. Moving right along.

Sawcut rear driveway tomorrow for the conduit pathway for the panel replacement this weekend.

I'll get to sleep someday.

Brian

Sleep is over rated, you can have plenty of sleep when your gone, just sayin. Another pic shot from earlier today
Setting boxes in morning and grouting cells tomorrow afternoon
image.jpeg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Graveled and partially backfilled walls so I can finish with the conduit pathways and then finish with the backfilling. Probably finish backfilling it next weekend since I am scheduled to do the panel this weekend. Timing just didn't work out between stages of the project.

It is nice having something to walk on and not being behind a 6 ft wall with only 18in or so room in between the wall and dirt.

Looking good and very close to done.

Brian

wishiknew

Reaction score
Graveled and partially backfilled walls so I can finish with the conduit pathways and then finish with the backfilling. Probably finish backfilling it next weekend since I am scheduled to do the panel this weekend. Timing just didn't work out between stages of the project.

It is nice having something to walk on and not being behind a 6 ft wall with only 18in or so room in between the wall and dirt.

Looking good and very close to done.

Brian

Sat looks good at this time. Bust the plaster out yet ???

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Panel replacement went flawless. Took about 5 hours. I am glad I put the EZ up out. Panel had no ground rod but was double bonded to the to the gas and water pipes. So next weekend I still have to saw the concrete for the conduit pathways and now install a ground rod in hard, rocky soil. Hello boom lift and jackhammer. Worked on the conduit and back of wall yesterday. Bending PVC in the dark last night with my Greenlee oven. Not enough Brians.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Took the weekend off from the shop to remove the stumps on the upper level, finish the conduit and backfilling the wall. Seems never ending. Project spilled into Tuesday and I STILL finished in the dark last night.

Seems like I didn't even accomplish much. I don't know why, I'll look at it in the daylight.

One stump took almost 4 hours to uproot with the backhoe and the other took 6, and that is after I called in reinforcements for the second one, by myself, I still may have been there. Close to the wall and DEEP. First hole was 4 feet deep and the second was 6. Crazy. I used to think of myself as a tree lover, I hate trees now.

That was day one. Day two should have been conduit and backfilling and it was conduit only. Never ending, we put 7 lights and 4 plugs in the wall, conduit runs for main service, low voltage and two future spares to the barn behind the wall and fuck me if there isn't 700 feet of conduit behind the wall. I bought 300 feet of conduit after calcing out to complete the runs that were left to do, and I still had to go back for another 100 foot for the approaches to the barn. Unbelievable.

Next is sprinklers and completing the playground. I need a day off, so I came to the shop to work.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Took the weekend off from the shop to remove the stumps on the upper level, finish the conduit and backfilling the wall. Seems never ending. Project spilled into Tuesday and I STILL finished in the dark last night.

Seems like I didn't even accomplish much. I don't know why, I'll look at it in the daylight.

One stump took almost 4 hours to uproot with the backhoe and the other took 6, and that is after I called in reinforcements for the second one, by myself, I still may have been there. Close to the wall and DEEP. First hole was 4 feet deep and the second was 6. Crazy. I used to think of myself as a tree lover, I hate trees now.

That was day one. Day two should have been conduit and backfilling and it was conduit only. Never ending, we put 7 lights and 4 plugs in the wall, conduit runs for main service, low voltage and two future spares to the barn behind the wall and fuck me if there isn't 700 feet of conduit behind the wall. I bought 300 feet of conduit after calcing out to complete the runs that were left to do, and I still had to go back for another 100 foot for the approaches to the barn. Unbelievable.

Next is sprinklers and completing the playground. I need a day off, so I came to the shop to work.

From the picture I've seen Brian it's looking great. Big difference from last time I was over.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
attachment.php

Stump 2

This is about a 30in dia Euc, stump is about 5ft tall.

The tree behind is a 40 in Pine that is probably a 70 footer.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

I still like trees, but not the ones eith crazy roots on my property. I had them all torn out when I re-did my front yard.

The roots were the kind that like to lift up sidewalks ... and I could already see the roots heading underneath. Caught it just in time.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I just got a call that truss calcs will be done tomorrow and they sent me the material bids from the takeoffs they did.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just got a call that trus calcs will be done tomorrow and they sent me the material bids from the takeoffs they did.

What Truss company? Hanson was best price and shortest lead time last time I checked.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Truss calcs in, as well as lumber bids and bids for the trusses.

Trippy measurements. Fuck me if I can't make sense of the numbers. Frustrating.

10 pages of bullshit and 4 pages of pertinent info.

I am off to the city Monday to submit the plans for the barn...for the horses.

Pretty damn excited. I have wanted a space of my own since I turned my first wrench. It only took me around 35 years.

I already caught two footer syndrome, much earlier than I expected, I was out in the yard last night measuring to see if I could dog leg the barn to increase the depth by 5 foot to 35 feet deep for a portion of the frontside.

The other caveat I see is the lack of some type of center beam for lifting.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
City not quite as enthusiastic as I had hoped. They want a site review before the permit process.....and more money.

Delays delays.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
City not quite as enthusiastic as I had hoped. They want a site review before the permit process.....and more money.

Delays delays.

See I got plenty of time before I need to work on foundation!! :D
It's all part of, a day in the life of contracting. I know it feels like a PITA, but trust me Rancho is pretty reasonable w fees, and the hoops to jump thru.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
See I got plenty of time before I need to work on foundation!! :D
It's all part of, a day in the life of contracting. I know it feels like a PITA, but trust me Rancho is pretty reasonable w fees, and the hoops to jump thru.

Sweet!!! Got $500 I can have?

This morning I woke up at 4A thinking I should have just put 2500 sq on the prints and called it a day. If they questioned it, just play stupid and say that was the square ft of the house and I was planning on renovating it later on anyway. I am well under the lot coverage either way...fucked that up.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Took the rest of the past week off to try and finish it before next weekend. Failed miserably, hemoraging cash, and losing motivation, all at the same time. It is an amazing thing.

Working during holidays when it is at least a two person job is total shit. Have you ever tried to survey with a transit by yourself? :) Works great.

Good news is I did find out that that my eyeball grade is damn near flat across the yard, bad news is I didn't take out enough dirt and my grade is at least 6in too high at the block wall, and I have not a single low spot to fill. I am about over my enthusiasm on renting equipment and paying to haul off dirt. In short, I am over rocks and the fucking mess I created in my backyard.

People not paying their bills at the shop, coupled with me not working at the shop, is fucking up cash flow and pissing me off and pissing off clients. Neither are good. Not enough Brians to go around.

DebbieDowner today.

Brian

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Took the rest of the past week off to try and finish it before next weekend. Failed miserably, hemoraging cash, and losing motivation, all at the same time. It is an amazing thing.

Working during holidays when it is at least a two person job is total shit. Have you ever tried to survey with a transit by yourself? :) Works great.

Good news is I did find out that that my eyeball grade is damn near flat across the yard, bad news is I didn't take out enough dirt and my grade is at least 6in too high at the block wall, and I have not a single low spot to fill. I am about over my enthusiasm on renting equipment and paying to haul off dirt. In short, I am over rocks and the fucking mess I created in my backyard.

People not paying their bills at the shop, coupled with me not working at the shop, is fucking up cash flow and pissing me off and pissing off clients. Neither are good. Not enough Brians to go around.

DebbieDowner today.

Brian

Sucks Brian. But ya know,,,, in 5 years you won't remember the bad. I look forward to you getting this finished cause I still have no idea what it's going to look like..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This is why I couldn't pull the trigger w myv on driveway and extension. Numbers started adding up and wife started adding more things to the list. I got scared and decided to hit some smaller projects first. Well start on the side and work our way to the front. The 12k dollar quote for fake grass in the back and on the side has me a little flustered. [emoji15]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The Mrs. asked about putting a couple course on the east and west sides of the freestanding walls. Hemi is getting bigger and he is taking more interest in peeps walking by and he is just about able to scale the fence in some spots because of the grade.

Couple people are either taking an interest in the dog or maybe teasing the dog when no one is around, so that has to stop.

We measured the linear out last night and it works out to around 250 foot. Perfect for a pallet of bricks to make the fence a full 6 foot all around, regardless of the grade. I called MYV and asked about sending the peeps out to do some more work.

Weather is turning, so I need to get back out in the yard and finish my part of the mess.

Stay tuned for some more progress.