WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like OCM is still pushing boats

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice looking deck boat. Is Conquest still building boats?

ElGuapo

Reaction score

I don't know I just thought RD was down there leading the torches and pitch forks aND wiped the place clean of inventory.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I stopped by there on sat. Place was a ghost town. Only people in there were buying parts. No one in there said hi, bye or go to hell, Theres still some nice boats in there. 2 people were outside talking to someone from OCM, they were talking about consigning their boat to them...I felt like a dick not telling them to run, just didnt wanna do it in that guys face. It wasnt Tim btw

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I haven't heard of any buyers being screwed just sellers I may be wrong!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't know I just thought RD was down there leading the torches and pitch forks aND wiped the place clean of inventory.

I can only tell people what I witnessed.. That is what I did.

I can tell you this.. It isn't an isolated case. It is every single boat that goes through there and if you ever get a chance to peek behind that curtain and understand what is really going on you will understand why.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Yep, i was down there a couple weeks ago and they were putting together 2 brand new deck boats. :thumbup:

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
That is why I run a search web search on EVERY business I do work with ~ not fool-proof but does weed out a lot of bad apples.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
What if you don't provide him a signed off pink slip? Until the buyer is there with the money....

Do they not take consignments like that?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What if you don't provide him a signed off pink slip? Until the buyer is there with the money....

Az state law says you need ownership docs on site.. That didn't mean it has to be a title, but a title is one of the options. If it isn't the title then it's a culmination of other docs.

TOBTEK

Reaction score

Assuming MOST transactions involve a bank/Lender. To where OCM is to send the payoff, then equity to the seller. Many of us working class don't hold the Pink.

underpressure

Reaction score
I haven't heard of any buyers being screwed just sellers I may be wrong!

^^^
I was a "buyer" and I would NEVER go back or recommend OCM to anyone...

While I wasn't left waiting for my money like the sellers, I too, had the same BS when it came to getting all of the titles cleared. At the time, was willing to accept the BS excuses as "just not a good business manager". Afterwards and after some PM's with others, came to realize it's a pattern.

I'm not going to elaborate further, I'm over it. But buyer / seller beware of this dude!

Enen

Reaction score
It looks like a nice boat but IMO, overpriced for a 6.2 (320hp).

When it's overpriced, you get a 50 to 60% title loan that's actually 75 to 80% of market value......

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Somebody was smoking the good stuff when that powerplant was chosen for a 28' deck. Eh....slap a blower on it

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
No way in hell that engine is original to the boat IMHO

Someone either bought without power and is looking for a cheap flip, or took his good shit out and put "something" in there just to sell a boat that runs with stock Merc power.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Someone either bought without power and is looking for a cheap flip, or took his good shit out and put "something" in there just to sell a boat that runs with stock Merc power.

Sounds about right. The price on the boat is attractive and that is a bad ass boat, less the power.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score

They offered the 6.2 B1 to come in with a very low advertised price .

Buddy of mine bought a few of them, put them out on local lots and sold the hell out of 'um .

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
I can only tell people what I witnessed.. That is what I did.

I can tell you this.. It isn't an isolated case. It is every single boat that goes through there and if you ever get a chance to peek behind that curtain and understand what is really going on you will understand why.

Zero accountability with this Fukface.
It's a "process" Meanwhile other unsuspecting peeps are gonna get fukd over. Mindblowing..

530RL

Reaction score
Az state law says you need ownership docs on site.. That didn't mean it has to be a title, but a title is one of the options. If it isn't the title then it's a culmination of other docs.

Here is the law on consignment in Arizona. I think it is a bad idea to give them the actual title to the trailer signed and notarized or the actual registration to the boat signed.

A copy suffices to consign, only signed originals are necessary to complete the transaction.

Link to Arizona Law here.

http://law.justia.com/codes/arizona/2005/title28/04410.html

Here is some more reading relating to what Consigners must do and the penalties if they do not.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/04410-01.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Here is the law on consignment in Arizona. I think it is a bad idea to give them the actual title to the trailer signed and notarized or the actual registration to the boat signed.

A copy suffices to consign, only signed originals are necessary to complete the transaction.

Link to Arizona Law here.

http://law.justia.com/codes/arizona/2005/title28/04410.html

Here is some more reading relating to what Consigners must do and the penalties if they do not.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/04410-01.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS

Yeah, but the hell is OCM supposed to operate, if they can't sell boats without the owner knowing it? ;)

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
It isn't a Ponzi scheme though.

Not in true form but it's got many of the essential basics.......Boat B is sold and proceeds go to pay owner of Boat A. Boat C will pay Boat B. And the chain goes on. To me, there's a least borrowing from the Ponzi concept.:skull

But in reality It's just using other people's money and hope cash flow keeps up with spending. Guy's a crook.:thumbsdown

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Why is he not open on Sunday's? Scammers need a day of rest also?

USMC2010

Reaction score
One was hitched up and being towed out somewhere this morning around 10 as I rode by.

530RL

Reaction score
Yeah, but the hell is OCM supposed to operate, if they can't sell boats without the owner knowing it? ;)

LOL

I really appreciate what Dave has done for this situation. If people have come to the conclusion that they are not gonna get their money and have given up, PM me.

I think Racey can attest to the possibilities of me getting the right people involved. No guarantees, but I might be able to help. I can't help people get their money, but I might be able to help in stopping the alleged issues.

No guarantees, just an offer to make some calls.

I don't like people taking advantage of people. It is a result of getting old and grumpy.

Dan

Enen

Reaction score
LOL

I really appreciate what Dave has done for this situation. If people have come to the conclusion that they are not gonna get their money and have given up, PM me.

I think Racey can attest to the possibilities of me getting the right people involved. No guarantees, but I might be able to help. I can't help people get their money, but I might be able to help in stopping the alleged issues.

I don't like people taking advantage of people. It is a result of getting old and grumpy.

Dan

This makes me think of the story of how do you boil a frog. Drop them in the water then turn up the heat slowly over time. Thinking the burner just got turned on high. Ol' Tim is going to continue to swim in the pot of water that is about to boil....

530RL

Reaction score
This makes me think of the story of how do you boil a frog. Drop them in the water then turn up the heat slowly over time. Thinking the burner just got turned on high. Ol' Tim is going to continue to swim in the pot of water that is about to boil....

If you don't take the legs off first, they taste like shit :D

Sorry, growing up poor, you understand this. :(

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
LOL

Dan

...You think like I do...I used to be quite well connected in several different areas,...but I've gotten old and some connections have passed on and shit doesn't seem to hit the fan so often,... I guess???...

... Wow you have just opened my eyes to the fact that the prime person who could have put a major focus on this situation has passed on,..too bad???.