WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kenwood head unit and iPhone

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I have a KMR 555U head unit that was just replaced in May. It has now decided it won't play anything off our iPhones... The screen goes blank and starts flashing slowly??

In addition, the phone music app goes blank and locks up. I have to restart the phone after I disconnect to get the phone working again.

This all seems to have started about the time of the last iPhone update, when the music app changed... Anyone else having problems playing music?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I have a KMR 555U head unit that was just replaced in May. It has now decided it won't play anything off our iPhones... The screen goes blank and starts flashing slowly??

In addition, the phone music app goes blank and locks up. I have to restart the phone after I disconnect to get the phone working again.

This all seems to have started about the time of the last iPhone update, when the music app changed... Anyone else having problems playing music?

Happened to quite a few older receivers I had...was due to the iPhone updates in my case, and I bet yours, too.
Bluetooth connections don't have this issue, but an older deck likely doesn't have Bluetooth :(

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Happened to quite a few older receivers I had...was due to the iPhone updates in my case, and I bet yours, too.
Bluetooth connections don't have this issue, but an older deck likely doesn't have Bluetooth :(

It doesn't have Bluetooth, but it was supposedly the "chit" 2 years ago... [emoji57], and then just replaced in May... [emoji53]

It has been discontinued though... Figures.

pronstar

Reaction score
You can use a mini jack connection, but will have no control over the iPhone. You'd have to use the iPhone to switch songs and stuff.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
You can use a mini jack connection, but will have no control over the iPhone. You'd have to use the iPhone to switch songs and stuff.

The mini jack and the USB connection both have the exact same affect on it... And on the iPhone's [emoji53]

I dug a little deeper last night and apparently there's a Firmware update that can be downloaded to fix some issues with it.

pronstar

Reaction score
Mini jack is just an analog input. Shouldn't be affected by firmware or anything...very strange.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Bad batteries [emoji53]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442342134.079131.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Wait, wat???

Trouble in paradise???

[emoji12]