WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanks TPC

Gelcoater

Reaction score
For some great suggestions on places to eat and refreshments in Avalon.:thumbup:

The wife and I spent a few days this past week celebrating 20 years of her putting up with me and we had a blast.
Your suggestions did not disappoint.
The Lobster Trap...among the top 2 New England style clam chowders I have ever had.

The Marlin Club...:D I should say here,I'm sporting a beard just shy of Duck Dynasty proportions.... We hit the Club at about noon,the bar was full,so we took a table.I walked up to the bar to order a couple Corona and was instantly hit on by a couple of the regular gals in the bar,lol.Something about "a real man and a real beard":D

Catalina is a place the wife and I could easily move to,if it weren't Way above our pay scale.Real estate prices were up there!Golf carts everywhere!!

This is a place we plan to return often,the vibe is laid back,the locals are welcoming...some more than others;)
The wife said,while we floated in the water...I think we should get a boat.:yikes
Her mistake,but one I might hold her to.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I can sell you a boat for getting over there, I took it over last month.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hope we can all meet there soon. :thumbup:

o.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

The clam chowder is unique and fantastic.
o.jpg

Crazy but the Lobster Trap has the best spaghetti in town too.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Hope we can all meet there soon. :thumbup:.

I'm in would like to make one more trip before the Holiday Season :champagne:

Was there last weekend, headed over Saturday morning and scored a mooring in Hamilton.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I'm in would like to make one more trip before the Holiday Season :champagne:

Was there last weekend, headed over Saturday morning and scored a mooring in Hamilton.

We're headed for the Osborne Bank tomorrow night, will fish Saturday for the larger Blue and Yellowfin tuna sitting there, then back to the Isthmus for the night. Ready for that next trip? :p

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
We're headed for the Osborne Bank tomorrow night, will fish Saturday for the larger Blue and Yellowfin tuna sitting there, then back to the Isthmus for the night. Ready for that next trip? :p

No, Maybe, Yes :D Last weekend was the first time I slept on the boat. Still haven't gone out fishing :( Did drag 2 jigs from Avalon to TH, but got nothing... Had the dinghy in tow plus was pushing 15kts, which I know is way faster than should be for trolling, but the other people on the boat didn't know that.

Whole point of the trip was the Microbrew Fest in Two Harbors, and as great as TH is, my boat just isn't set-up for that at this point, especially with others on the boat who have never done this type of boating before. Hence my choice to stay in Avalon.

I think we need to organize a RDP meet-up/event in Catalina :thumbup:

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Running to Avalon tomorrow.....should be perfect weather!!![/QUOTE]

noted.....1 reservation for 1 seat on Hot for teacher's boat for rdp avalon get together...

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Running to Avalon tomorrow.....should be perfect weather!!![/QUOTE]

noted.....1 reservation for 1 seat on Hot for teacher's boat for rdp avalon get together...cig smokin' time!

rivergames

Reaction score
I'm hitting 2 harbors this weekend for Buccaneer days. Oh yea and lobster season opens Sat! I can't wait for Friday to come around!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Got a freezer full of cubed up Skipjack, Bonita and Mackerel just waiting for opening lobster weekend. Still need to pick up a bunch of glowsticks or a few of the blinking LED waterproof lights.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I'm hitting 2 harbors this weekend for Buccaneer days. Oh yea and lobster season opens Sat! I can't wait for Friday to come around!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Are you staying on your boat?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cheapest hotel on the island is the Hermosa.
Off season can be pretty cheap.
Just remember you get what you pay for and hold that thought.